“Value for money restaurant in Naga City” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Makati, Philippines
“Value for money restaurant in Naga City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Visited the restaurant Jan 26, 2013 with my wife. We were looking for a native restaurant serving authentic Bicolano dishes. An old store owner in the Peoples Mall gave us the direction to this place.
Located in downtown Naga. Serves great Bicolano dishes like "Kinulot" and "Bicol Express". Very tasty food and inexpensive. Really value for money. Staff very attentive to your needs.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Filipino food. Food is cooked and ready to dish. Very clean restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great Filipino food. Food is cooked and ready to dish. Very clean restaurant. I went with girlfriend and 2 kids. Service was great. We ordered 4 different dishes and shared. Filled all of us up! Ice tea is bottomless, most other drinks are not. Steamed Siopao is amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Good food but average restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

A visit to Geewan everytime I'm in Naga has become a routine thus I did not thought of writing a review - until my last visit.

Yes, the food are great especially that they are known for serving Bicolano dishes. No doubt about that. But what caught my attention during my last visit was that it seemed they are going expensive not by increasing the prices but by reducing the quantity being served. If we actually compare Geewan to other restaurants in the area, they are a bit on top (average cost for 3 people is around P600 - that's 3 cups of expensive rice, 2 viands, some dessert, and 3 glasses of juice).

I ordered beef stew which was a hundred-something and we got a big piece of bone with few meat with it. So we had to focus on the stock and a big chunk of cabbage. I also ordered lechon kawali (fried pork) for another hundred pesos and we were given a small serving of few small slices of pork slabs. It was even weighed. But believe me, I gave up the gastric temptation and have it replaced by a fish instead. For PHP110, that was not totally worth it.

So there, food is still great and tasty. Interiors are good except that the place goes noisy during rush hour. It is only the quantity vs price which bugs me.

• Visited November 2012
Shanghai, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,953 helpful votes
“Great Place to Try Bicolano Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The restaurant is located in the centre of Naga. It is self-service, but not really fast food.

Filipino food isn't generally rated very highly by foreigners, however for me, the food from the Bicol region (Southern Luzon) is a great exception. The food at Geewan is very tasty and inexpensive. Also, as it is all served from a bainmarie it is to see what looks good and what doesn't.

All in all, Geewan is a great way to add some local flavour to your visit to Naga.

• Visited July 2012
Binãn
“Bicolano Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Servers were accommodating they entertained our questions regarding the serving size and ingredients of the viand we were curious about, at first I thought it was a casual restaurant because it's airconditioned, has nice interior but it's not, it's like a fastfood/cafeteria. We only tried their Bicolano Specialties since it's the main reason why we went there, and we really liked their Dinuguan.Everything else (laing, tilmok etc.) tasted average also served to us cold. =/

• Visited June 2012