“Do not stay in this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

You added La Piazza Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
La Piazza Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tahao Road, Legaspi, Luzon 4500, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Legaspi
“Do not stay in this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked this hotel based on good reviews from Tripadvisor. Hotel staff are friendly and courteous. The deluxe rooms were spacious. When we checked in, first thing I noticed was the smell of urine coming from the bathroom. I assumed that the bathroom was just not cleaned thoroughly since the smell was gone after my 2 kids took a bath. The next day, breakfast was served incomplete and COLD after 45 minutes. We went to Lignon Hill after but had to go back to the hotel before lunch because of rain. We came in in the middle of their housekeeping. My father stayed in their room while we all transferred to our room to give the housekeepers space in their cleaning. My father saw the staff wipe the used cup, saucer and spoon with the used towel and put it back on the coffee table as if newly-washed. The used towel was also used to wipe the toilet bowl.

We came out to look for a good resort and checked out right away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here for a night before heading off to Misibis bay resort,the rooms are big and spacious. Comfortable bed and linens,Parking area is just enough,we booked for a Deluxe room,its bigger than i thought,comfort rooms are in good condition. breakfast is ok and can be improved,good wi-fi is a plus..The guy (gay)in the fronbt office is nice and sweet,couldnt complain,handled our needs well.. Will be back definitely!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Batangas, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed here twice. rooms are clean, staff are nice, safe parking, good food, very accessible to malls and airport. Would have been perfect except for one thing, when we checked-in the second time, there are some mosquitoes in the room... but (good thing) our concern has been attended by the hotel staff immediately.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay. I've been to several hotels in Legaspi City and I can say this is one of the nicest hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Batangas City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

after a long land travel (batangas - legazpi and side trips in between), what better way to end your day than to have a good rest in a king size bed with LCD TV and fully air conditioned room?
My family and I experienced that in La Piazza Hotel.
Aside from the comfort, the hotel also offers safe parking space for your vehicle, WIFI access on your room, and proximity to malls.
will definitely recommend to travelers planning to visit Legazpi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Quaint, clean, good service, friendly staff. Me and my friend planned our trip to Legazpi as early as April. good thing we chose to stay in La Piazza. we definitely got what we payed for. we booked the standard room which is equipped with 2 single beds, LCD TV with cable, cabinet, mini dresser, and a hot and cold shower. the place is just 5-10 minutes away from the airport and they offer complimentary airport pick up and drop off. the WiFi connection is surprisingly fast and steady. I'm happy to know that La Piazza doesn't have rate increase on summer and peak seasons. will definitely go back on my next Legazpi adventure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

New hotel, clean, good service and has ample parking spaces for those who have cars. I just dont like the idea that there is no covered walkway for outside rooms. Case in point, it was raining and I needed an umbrella just to go to the lobby, sadly the hotel does not have a ready available. Nevertheless my stay was pleasurable.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Had the chance to stay in this hotel last week and it was good. We booked at this hotel online for 1,400pesos for one night. Since there's no breakfast included in our booking, we added 200pesos for our breakfast the following day. Then I realized I forgot to print out the confirmation letter from the online reservation via directhotels.com, but I have it in my email so the staff requested me to send it to their email and no worries because the hotel has free wifi, not only at the lobby but inside our room too. The staff were accommodating.

I like the room given to us, not that big but enough for 2 persons and our luggages. Very clean! The comfort room is also nice, with hot and cold shower. Room has LCD television but cable was not working that day but that's alright because we didn't intend to stay in our room the whole day. There's also a parking space if ever guests brought their own car. Electric sockets are also available, my friend and I had our own beside our beside to charge our gadgets.

The amazing part was the following day, when I got out of our room in the morning, there it was, the majestic volcano Mount Mayon was there! I didn't see it when we arrived because the clouds hid her but that day, it was awesome. What a beautiful way to wake up and start the day with that kind of sight! Hotel is also near the market.

From the hotel, we chose to explore the place riding a tricycle. The guard was the one who chose the driver for us to ensure security. We hired one and paid the driver 350pesos to bring us to Cagsawa Ruins (approximately 20mins) and Daraga Church (10mins). It might look expensive but the good thing was, we didn't regret paying him that much because the driver was very nice, no complaints waiting for us until we get tired of taking pictures and explore. He even was our photographer at some point and bringing our stuff.

Overall, staying in this hotel is worth our money. Clean room, good location, friendly staff, I will definitely stay again in La Piazza.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to La Piazza Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!