“Safe, cozy with a stunning view of Mayon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Oriental Legazpi

You added The Oriental Legazpi to your Saves list
The Oriental Legazpi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Taysan Hill, Sto. Nino Village, Legaspi, Luzon 4500, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Legaspi
Quezon City, Philippines
“Safe, cozy with a stunning view of Mayon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We loved the location of the hotel. We availed of father's day promo in time for my bday. We loved our twin bed room though plain and simple. Each bed can accommodate two pax. It has safe in the room for your valuables. We slept soundly throughout the night. The pool was not as big as I perceived from the website and didn't look much as infinity pool but its ok with us. We had a short dip at dusk. We dined at Jasmine restaurant. Food was delicious and given a complimentary baguette and butter which was a plus. Service was fast and prices are just fair, not overly priced as other commented. However, drinks in ref inside the room are expensive. Anyway, for drinking water there is a hot and cold water dispenser located in every floor. You can refill anytime. I can say buffet breakfast that day was limited. If we hadnt a promo i will complain about it. Regardless of limited choices, i had a full and satisfying breakfast with my husband and daughter. I love the muffins. I had pork adobo, scrambled egg, tinapa, coffee, cheese and blueberry muffins. Fresh sweet Formosa pineapple too. Staffs were accommodating. We could have explored the city only if we had more days. Given the chance to come back to this city . We will definitely stay in this hotel. We were able to witness the beauty of mayon with no clouds early in the morning.

Room Tip: Choose a mayon room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Tabaco City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Rooms:
* Clean and average size.
* White
* Terrace
* No lock comfort room (which is very oriental in style)
* Comfy BEDS!!!

Infinity pool with a Jacuzzi pool.
Kiddie Pool by the side.

Transportation:
It's quite far from the main transportation. You have to walk down the hill for about 2km to get jeepneys from the main road. But, there are tricycles passing by the hotel but still it will cost you a special fare.

BUT, overall. This Hotel is a must place to stay when in Legaspi if you WANT a GOOD VIEW of the city.

Room Tip: If you want a cheaper room but still a good view of Mayon Volcano. Book for a City view room. :) It...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

When it come to view and beauty of the legazpi this is the best place to be with the perfect position with the mayon volcano,but when it comes to service,food and cleanliness im not really pump to it,legazpi food is one of the best foods i ever tasted but this hotel sadly doesnt serve good food,and the rooms are average,i wont absolutly recommend it

• Stayed January 2013
Legaspi, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Me And My Sister And Her Boyfriend Stayed At This Two Times Already And Were Only Locals. Anyways, The Hotel Has Friendly Staff The Rooms Were Clean And The Pool Was Awesome! The Only Problem Is, The Food At The Jasmine Restaurant (located at the ground floor of the oriental near the lobby) is not good, not even worth your money so better buy some take out!!
But All In All Great :)

Room Tip: Choose A Room With The Mayon's View. Definitely Worth It!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My hubby & I stayed here to attend a family reunion in Cagsawa last May 25-27 of this year. It might be quite far from our venue but it was well worth it. My mornings were filled with a hot cup of coffee and the spectacular view of Mt. Mayon and the city. We enjoyed our stay here with friendly and accommodating hotel staff. Food might not be superb but the service was good.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Legaspi, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The 3rd Regional HRMPs Convention was held here. I'm happy, I was been part of the event. From the convention hall, I was able to capture a panoramic view of the city including the majestic Mayon Volcano, so relaxing... But on the contrary, I did not appreciate much the spacious lobby, devoid of anything that will catch my attention. I think the painting is boring in some sense, minimalist and not captivating. I hate the restaurant where a rostrum of some kind is welcoming the diners (or rather blocking them).

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Marikina, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We also had the opportunity to do some shows here. What I really like was the first class treatment of the staff here even if they knew we we're performers and will not be checking in the hotel. There was no bias on the service and it was equal to everyone there. They quickly showed us are place backstage and served things we needed which I really appreciate. What excites me here was the view of the Mayon Volcano and the fact that this hotel is all white which makes it more relaxing and clean. I would want to go back there to experience checking in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Oriental Legazpi? Share your experiences!