“Beautiful View,Clean Rooms,Awesome Pool!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Oriental Legazpi

You added The Oriental Legazpi to your Saves list
The Oriental Legazpi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Taysan Hill, Sto. Nino Village, Legaspi, Luzon 4500, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Legaspi
Legaspi, Philippines
“Beautiful View,Clean Rooms,Awesome Pool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Me And My Sister And Her Boyfriend Stayed At This Two Times Already And Were Only Locals. Anyways, The Hotel Has Friendly Staff The Rooms Were Clean And The Pool Was Awesome! The Only Problem Is, The Food At The Jasmine Restaurant (located at the ground floor of the oriental near the lobby) is not good, not even worth your money so better buy some take out!!
But All In All Great :)

Room Tip: Choose A Room With The Mayon's View. Definitely Worth It!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My hubby & I stayed here to attend a family reunion in Cagsawa last May 25-27 of this year. It might be quite far from our venue but it was well worth it. My mornings were filled with a hot cup of coffee and the spectacular view of Mt. Mayon and the city. We enjoyed our stay here with friendly and accommodating hotel staff. Food might not be superb but the service was good.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The 3rd Regional HRMPs Convention was held here. I'm happy, I was been part of the event. From the convention hall, I was able to capture a panoramic view of the city including the majestic Mayon Volcano, so relaxing... But on the contrary, I did not appreciate much the spacious lobby, devoid of anything that will catch my attention. I think the painting is boring in some sense, minimalist and not captivating. I hate the restaurant where a rostrum of some kind is welcoming the diners (or rather blocking them).

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Marikina, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We also had the opportunity to do some shows here. What I really like was the first class treatment of the staff here even if they knew we we're performers and will not be checking in the hotel. There was no bias on the service and it was equal to everyone there. They quickly showed us are place backstage and served things we needed which I really appreciate. What excites me here was the view of the Mayon Volcano and the fact that this hotel is all white which makes it more relaxing and clean. I would want to go back there to experience checking in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Iam a local resident of Legaspi City and have known this hotel from the very start it operated in November of 2011.

I have attended functions and a couple of business meetings in this hotel. But it was only last May 22, 2013 that me and my family were able to check-in at the hotel itself (celebrating mom's 71st birthday!). We reserved three-deluxe rooms (mountain side) and we enjoyed a very good corporate rate (thanks to my sister, Tin who had several functions held at the Orental -- having to avail relative good discounts).

The hotel was fully renovated from the time it was bought from the previous owners and they did a perfect job in transforming the hotel into one of the most admired hotels in the Region.

Friendly, kind and accommodating hotel staff -- ready to help in every possible way.
The rooms are well-appointed with clean , neat and white linens.

But I would say, not all is perfect in every way -- the carpet inside the rooms were not properly cleaned showing signs of stains and dirt. Try walking barefoot on the carpets and check your soles!! Our room (503) -- the shower door has broken hinges and would be dangerous if totally misaligned from the main frame.

Food ??? hmmmmmm -- a bit pricey as compared to the its quality. Breakfast buffet was consists of : cereal station, egg station, bread/butter/jam station, coffe/tea station / fruit and local dessert station , and menu for the day (like: chicken tocino , garlic fried rice, steam rice, ampalaya con carne , salted fish (daing), adobo, scrambled eggs).

The best of it all (in my opinion) is the PERFECT VIEW of the Mayon Volcano from the pool area!! One should not miss going to the 2nd floor -- pool area of the hotel to get a glimpse of the majestic Mayon Volcano. Perfect in every way!!! Plus take a chance to gaze upon the beautiful city of Legaspi in bird's eye view from the pool area too.

In general, I would say, we had a great time for even an overnight stay with my family.

Iam also hoping that you too will have a great time here.
We welcome you to come and enjoy our beautiful city of Legaspi.

Maogmang Pag-abot! (translation: Welcome)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tabaco City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The lobby is like a hospital because of the white color. The transparent roof makes the front desk very bright that u need to use an umbrella and put on sunscreen every time you inquire. The free buffet breakfast is very far behind. When we went down to have one at around 8am, there's no more food for us that we have to wait for a awhile for the refill. Very limited selection. No bacon, longganisa , tapa ,the staple of a Filipino breakfast. It's all about egg and corn beef. The staff are not efficient. We told the housekeeping to clean our room TWICE but when we got back , it's still that same as when we left.The pool is not infinity as they claim. Not accessible.The air condition of our room is poor and the shower is broken. It's only good for picture taking because of the breath taking view of Mt. Mayon.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the Mayon view.
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Davao City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Oriental Hotel Legazpi is literally sitting on top of a hill. That means you get a great view of the city and Mt. Mayon.

I paid 3,000 for a night's stay and I got:
> Free Pick-up from the airport. The Driver will give you a bottled water when you get on board the cold van.
> Smiling people at the reception.
> Each room has a balcony for smoking or just enjoying the fresh air.
> They have bath towels, bath robes, and the usual free soaps. lotion and the likes.
> Bed is comfortable. You'l surely have a good night sleep.
> You can have breakfast inside the resto (lobby) or outside to have a view of Mr. Mayon while eating. Food is great. Php 250-400 price range per order
> You get FREE breakfast - Buffet. Choose from 5 viands, coffee/tea/milk, juice, or breads
> Going to the city, you can walk 500 meters from the hotel to main road. 1Km to the city Hall. Or you can ask the staff to call a cab for you.
> With vehicle: 10 mins away from City hall and the nearest mall, 15 mins away from Embarcadero,
> They have a pool which you can use from 7Am to 10PM

Room Tip: > You can choose to have your room at the front facing the city (of course this is more expensive...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Oriental Legazpi? Share your experiences!