“Cheerful Traveller " Nice, Chic Hotel in the province of Legazpi"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casablanca Suites

You added Casablanca Suites to your Saves list
Casablanca Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Benny Imperial Street (Alternate Road) | corner South Road I, Legaspi, Luzon 4500, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Legaspi
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
“Cheerful Traveller " Nice, Chic Hotel in the province of Legazpi"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and 2 nights with my whole family of 10 pax, we occupy three rooms and so far we have a good night sleep and very comfortable. What I like about this hotel is the location which is very near to the airport and nearby malls. In front of the hotel lobby, is the Mayon Volcano which is very captivating. The zen concept of this hotel makes you feel like your in one of the modern Hotels in Manila. The staff are very courteous and attentive, especially in the dining area, wherein you don't need to ask for the refill of water. The food was so delicious and yet affordable. I will definitely refer this to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed at the casablanca suites as we liked its location, just 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes to the city. We arrived by bus from Naga and got a tricycle to the hotel. We both liked how new and modern the hotel looked from the outside, and upon opening the doors to the hotel, how big the reception area is. We checked in quickly and were shown to our room which overlooked the Mayon volcano. The only downside of the view were the electric cables running along the street outside, as you can see from the pics!! Apart from that, the room was spacious with a shower/toilet room, a fridge, a safe, and a big LCD TV! We tried to get the WiFi on our notebook, but it wouldnt work so we asked the lady at reception who gave us a USB lead to try the broadband, but this didnt work either! Downstairs in the reception area are 2 desktop computers which we found out are free to use for the guests so that was OK to check our emails and things! The food at breakfast was OK, but I dont think there were many other guests staying while we were there, as the buffett selection wasnt wide, and in fact 1 morning the buffett area was shut and we had to choose something from the main menu for breakfast!! There is a menu for breakast and dinner, so you can always choose something else and pay for it! The food is reasonably priced. The food was good though, and we did have dinner there one evening which we both enjoyed. The staff are always helpfull and polite. Outside the hotel are 3 or 4 small restaurants and a bar, so if you prefer you can always try one of these, and across the street was a lovely restaurant with nipa huts where we had a very nice bicol express dinner! Legaspi itself, for me, is very run down and old looking, and I saw a sign as we were driving through town, that there is a curfew after 11pm!! Not sure if thats still in place though! There are a couple of shopping malls, but no SM or Roinsons yet!
We would highly recommend the Casablanca Suites and we will stay there again when we visit Legaspi next year to climb Mt Mayon!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I like Casablanca suites. It's a little bit on the pricey side but because it's new and accessible to the airport, it's easier to understand their price tag.

On this trip, we just walked-in to Casablanca Suite looking for a room to stay for one night. They only had 20 rooms and because they're quite popular, we were fortunate to find vacancies for our group.

This boutique hotel had a modern feel to their decor, clean and well-lighted. Wi-fi is also available all over the place so I had a chance to catch up on work even in my room.

I found it really neat that the hotel even provided computer terminals in their lobby for internet access and they even encourage guests to go to tripadvisor inorder to provide feedback on their service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Rates: Price is reasonable but they are not consistent in giving room rates. They initially advised us that room can accomodate up to 4 pax and the rates given to us were on per room basis. However, when we came in, we were informed that they were going to charge us per head. However, we insisted to our agreed rates during booking which they eventually considered.

Rooms: Pros: new, spacious, bed can accomodate 2 people, chic design. With free wifi. Cons: plenty of ants in the bed and cabinet, not just in one room but in all the three rooms (rms 209, 2011 and 2013) that we got. Bathrooms are new and clean but one of them was clogged and their maintenance admitted that its really the problem of room 2011.

Service: The staff are very friendly and warm. However, they seem to be short of people so their staff were doing so many things at the same time, which somehow advsersely effects their service from time to time. During check-out, there were also ants in the counter. There were ants crawling in the bills given to us.

Food: They serve good food and prices are also very reasonable. Good coffee too. At the time of our stay, there were many guest so breakfast was served in buffet. However, refill of food is kinda slow. Good: fried fish (GG), tocino and chicken pork adobo. Cons: their juice dispenser had so many ants which goes with the drink.

Location: strategically located in Legazpi. With ample parking, with lots of restaurants nearby, The street infront of the hotel is also not noisy.

Lobby: very modern, clean and comfortable with 2 computers with wifi access.

General verdict: Good hotel with good food and reasonable price. Areas of improvement would include: attending to their ant infestation, being transpanrent and consistent in giving room rates, and adding additional personnel during peak season.

Room Tip: Request for the rooms facing the Mayon Volcano. Its more expensive by a few hundreds, but its wort...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My son and I just returned from a trip to swim with the whale sharks in Donsol. Our flight for Manila left early in the morning, so we booked one night at Casablanca Suites because it was near the airport. I was pleasantly surprised by the place. It is very clean and very modern. They had an excellent computer for use in the lobby, and were able to print boarding passes for us (for a small fee).It IS very close to the airport (less than 5 minutes) and they have a free shuttle that was waiting for us at the right time. The food was good. I especially enjoyed the margaritas. I felt like the people who worked there were very friendly and professional. There is also a beautiful view of Mount Mayon out the front door. I highly recommend staying here if you are in Legazpi.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

You will like their well-designed rooms. Well lit and with good airconditioning and a big flat screen TV.

I prefer their ala carte menu than the breakfast buffet.

What's great about this hotel is its location. It is 5 minutes away from the airport and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Why almost? Because it's almost great but with a few things to improve on. Let's start with SERVICE

Service: The service was good. The staff were approachable and corteous. My favorites will be the shuttle driver because he was very nice to us. I just think that some staff are a bit "shy". They do not initiate, e.g. "Do you need anything Ma'am?" or something like that.

Value: The rate was a bit too high for me because I stayed in a same hotel in Boracay with a cheaper rate but their food was cheap compared to other hotel food price.

Food: Breakfast was okay. I liked the adobo flakes, tocino and vegetable omelet. Yummy moist carrot cake and turones de Legaspi! Also a yummy adobo :) and the price is affordable also.

Cleanliness: At first look the room was clean. No bad smells either. However, (this was partly our fault) we ordered room service then forgot to ask room service to get the plates. When we came back from our tour, the table was crawling with red ants! CR was clean though.

Room: The room was small but comfortable especially with the big flat screen TV :). I love the lights behind the beds. I just find the pillows to be small. I like big pillows. Maybe you can change the pillows? ;p

Location: It was lcoated near the airport so extra points for that. It was also near the Pacific Mall and the bus terminal which was also good. A lot of retaurants downstairs also so if you do not want to go far you can eat at Vintage Garage Bar or the German and Italian Reaturants beside it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Casablanca Suites? Share your experiences!