“Nice Hotel...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Legaspi
Manila, Philippines
“Nice Hotel...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

last may 2012 me and my friends stayed there for almost 4 days..rooms are good..we listen to some bands at the bar they called south road..my friends used to hang up in some bars in manila ..we noticed that one of your bands has a lousy female singers..and also the male lead singer sounds like kermit the frog ..they dance good but there voice is not good..particularly the 2 front singers..of the band if i remember it is the ROCK and play or rocknplay whatsoever..but in fairness you have a amazing band that we admire so much ..i forgot the name of the band but the male lead singer was sporting a curly long hair.. they are supervb..approved.. i enjoy staying at legapi city...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for 10 days. Close to the main city and airport but it was so noisy. On the lower ground they have the disco club that close until 3am i think and this was on friday and saturday night as i remember.

The staffs are okay tho.

We ate a couple of times in the restauranr and food is fine kindda busy most of the time as they usually held convention or meetings there i believe.

The room is very basic and the towels as well the pillow( i usually check it in all the hotels we usually stay), is very old and disgusting, seems that it has been used for 10 years and they never replace it;( the towel which was white when they got it is already brownish and i do not understand why they still used this for the guest.so bring your own towel if you plan to stay in Pepperland.

However,Legazpi has very few decent hotel so we got left no choice that time that can fit our budget.

• Stayed March 2011
Lipa City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I travelled to Legazpi City recently and my host booked me at Pepperland Hotel. First thing that struck me was the appropriate name since the Bicol Region is known for its peppery hot foods. It is less than 3 minutes drive from the airport or maybe less than 10 minutes walk. The room assigned to me has a veranda that has a good view of the famous Mayon Volcano, albeit hidden by clouds during my 3-day stay. The room and its amenities are just well what you need after a long day's tour. Room is big enough and had lots of walking space.

It was quiet even if my room was beside the road. The breakfast offered at their restaurant is simple yet satisfying. The staff is also commendable especially when I asked for something that is different from what is in the buffet table, they simply granted my request at no extra cost or question.

There was a souvenir vendor that regularly visits the hotel so guests don't have to worry about last minute shopping for souvenirs, just like me. I found out that the price is also reasonable and even cheaper than the ones near the airport.

For those who are looking for night life, there is a bar in the hotel but there is also another bar across the road. When I visited Legazpi, a new Sea Food Bar of some sort was about to open in three days and it is just beside the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a good view of the Mayon Volcano.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I didn’t expect much from a one-night stay at a budget hotel near the Legazpi airport … just a simple, affordable and decent place to spend the night. However, Pepperland failed to clear even this low hurdle.

First the good points:
--- Lots of walking space in the room (a standard single), with a big enough queen-size bed.
--- A good bathroom (a bit dimly lighted, though) with spacious shower stall.
--- Tasty “laing” (my favorite Bicolano dish) at the Picante coffee shop, perfect with ice-cold beer.
--- Strives for a homelike family feeling, with traditional wooden staircase (no elevators, this is a hotel with only two floors).
--- Good selection of TV cable channels, putting some five-star hotels to shame.
--- Clotheshangers are fully detachable … that’s much appreciated.

But here come the bad points:
--- Room was not well cleaned. There was dust on the cloth headboard, grime in the aircon outlet, and ... lo and behold … I found the remains of a dead and slightly mangled cockroach (a big one) on the floor. My theory is that the roach has long been dead and hidden under the standing lamp. When I moved the lamp from the corner to the middle of the room, I dislodged and exposed the ex-insect. (That’s a twist … my previous encounters with roaches in hotel rooms in Siem Reap and Sydney involved live ones.) I had to bear the lingering smell of insecticide and Lysol all night long after the housekeeping staff did a belated clean-up. And I never received an apology.
--- Maintenance was very much sub-par. Two cabinet doors and one closet door had missing handles …. there were golden-brown spots on the rim of the bathroom sink …. the mirrored wall in the second floor corridor had unsightly stains and spots …. one bed lamp was unplugged ….the concrete walls showed signs of recent repair (wide strips of unpainted concrete) …. scratches, scuff marks and signs of wear and tear are everywhere …. the room telephone was plagued by static.
--- Directly outside my room window were big electric transformers and wires (not sure if I describe them correctly) that look a little threatening, but you get used to that after a while. However, road noise was tolerable even though my room was overlooking the Legazpi airport road.
--- The room is dark at night. The two bedside lamps and the standing lamp give insufficient illumination.
--- I actually saw a man (who seemed to be in his fifties) escorting a young “lady of the night” to his room, in full view of the front desk staff. OK, so much for the “family feeling”.
--- No in-room safe for laptops and valuables.
--- No writing desk or dresser table. Had to use a small round wooden table instead.
--- Doors are locked using old-fashioned keys, which have the room number displayed prominently on the attached plastic tag. So much for security! Beware … closing the door does not automatically lock it, you still have to turn the key to engage the lock.

You can walk to the airport (maybe five to seven minutes walk), so that’s good. But otherwise, this hotel does not do justice to the wonders of the lovely Bicol region.

Room Tip: Ask staff for help on how to lock the doors properly.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Antipolo City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

This hotel is just a walk from Legaspi airport. I rate this as 3 star because it really dos not have amenities. No pool, no other recreation aside from the bar at night.

The room is basic and carpeted though the hotel smells old already.

• Stayed January 2011
M/V The World
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

the people who work in the hotel are realy nice from the front desk to the waiters and doorman,they make the difference.
i had a standard room i guess for 7 nights in dec/jan.
the room was exteme basic, it looks a bit old, but they chatge new prices! there is much more value in legaspi for almost 3000P per night!!
especialy the headboard of the bed is lose from the bed, sitting up watching tv is impossible.
one day nobody cleaned the room when we came back after the whole day out, I called down and they did it right away.
internet did almost never work in the room, it did downstairs in the lobby and restaurant.
in 7 nights we only had 1x buffet for breakfast, I guess it was not that busy in the hotel, all other days the a la carte breakfast was good!.
one thing not one hotel in the philippines does as far as I have seen and that is that nobody refils the minibar ever!!
a hotel could make good extra income by refilling the minibar on a daily basis, if it is in there, I surley will use it, but if they dont refil.. well I`m not gonna bring them the money on a silver tray if you know what I mean.
tomorrow Im going to legaspi again and I will stay at la rocca veranda suites for 2400P a night, much more value and quality.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Before I booked my hotel, I visited Travel Advisor to check if there are any reviews in this hotel. I saw some bad reviews that's why I have second thoughts. But I was very satisfied with the room accommodation, my room is very clean, cozy, and very comfortable. The food is also good and very cheap. The hotel also offers WIFI access for free.

The hotel is very near the airport and transportation to the city is very much available. The hotel can also arrange for your private transportation.

Overall, my experience in this hotel is very satisfying.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Pepperland Hotel? Share your experiences!