“Luxury is the name” 4 of 5 stars

45 Aguinaldo Hi-way | Silang Crossing East, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 83 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
“Luxury is the name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

If luxury at its best is your traveling style then this is the place for you. I tried checking on the room and was really amaze on the furniture and the toiletries. The property has a good wifi signal so you’ll still be connected to your loved ones even if you’re on a vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in the Boutique B&B on a Saturday night after attending a wedding and reception in Tagaytay. This is our second time staying in Boutique--the first time was 3 years ago when the place was relatively new.

Immediate observations:

1. My wife was still happy with the toiletries, etc. that she got to pick upon checking in. Ditto the foot massage or scalp massage that comes free with the stay.

2. The "morning after" breakfast is still okay--not as exceptional as I remember the first time we stayed, but good enough.

3. While the accommodations and amenities were top-notch 3 years ago, they need to do some updating and even basic up-keep. We stayed in a ground floor room this time around (we had stayed in the top-line suite during our first visit but the amenities are largely the same excluding a bath-tub), but a number of things have suffered:

- The bathroom fixtures, particularly the shower head (rainfall type) needs to be fixed. It maybe a water pressure thing but I doubt it--the rainfall was more like a hesitant series of spurts. I suspect a pipe cleaning is needed.

- The flatscreen TV's and "iPod-ready" systems need some updating--they were already dated 3 years ago, and much more dated now.

- The airconditioning unit (window-type) was essentially useless on a warm, humid Tagaytay night. Outside temp @3AM? 28 degrees Celsius. Inside temp@3AM? 28 degrees Celsius except for that narrow sliver in the room where the air flow from the A/C hit. And oh, that sliver was about a foot away from our bed. Thankfully, the security guard manning the lobby loaned us the electric fan he was using and we got in a few hours of comfortable sleep before the sun came up.

4. My wife wasn't so happy with the front desk attitude--not very warm nor welcoming (as several other people have noted). On the other hand, everybody else, from the security guards to the kitchen and restaurant staff made up for them.

5. Wi-FI speeds were excellent compared to the first time we were there. To the point that I got caught up on my YouTube subscriptions and iOS updates while we stayed--because again, I couldn't sleep too well in the warm room.

Overall, I would hesitate recommending this place at this point. Most of the service staff try to make the stay pleasant. There are the nifty amenities. But a lot of little things that should add up to a good experience end up on the other side and end up taking away points from the overall experience.

Room Tip: Splurge if you would like the bath tub in their top suite--but do check whether they have enough hot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Juan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I saw this place in the magazine and was so excited to check out what they have. I got turned off because the people there were not warm and hospitable, like they were not happy to see us. When i tried to inquire, they made us feel we were inconvenience. They totally ignored us even when i tried to order a cup of coffee.

So whenever we look for new place to try in Tagaytay, i don't even consider this place.

The Boutique Bed & Breakfast is out of our list.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was then in search of a Honeymoon getaway when my fiancee then and I decided to have 2 nights stay in Tagaytay. Our first plan was to stay at Wingate all through, but when I suggested to choose and try another accommodation for our 2nd night, my hubby agreed to it. It was early October when I came across The Boutique. Their room rates then was in the promo which is valid for Oct. 31 only. Since our desired honeymoon was December, the promo is no longer applicable, thus we got the regular rate which is P6,100. However, since I am very eager to check this accommodation out, plus it is our honeymoon, my hubby agreed to it. And so, we booked it for Dec. 13 - 14, our 2nd day in Tagaytay.

Our experience at The Boutique was definitely memorable. Of course, I will not compare it with the first hotel where we spent our first night since they both have their best and lows.

Let's start with the booking. Others might say that it was laid-back, but I can say it is part of having a personalized service. Why? Because booking is via email and/or mobile phone, it isn't online booking. Simply, ask them if your desired room is available, then they will confirm. Once confirmed, you can pay the 50%. On our part, we used a debit card which was only charged when we checked in. Hence, a day prior to our check in date, I received a text reminder from them regarding our booking. That's indeed a superb kind of service.

Location wise? It is less than 5 minutes drive after Rotonda and Olivarez or before reaching Magallanes Square. Upon entering the Boutique was a wow...It has no wide lobby, but I like the idea of the receiving area. One thing that struck my attention was that tall chair. We were there before 12 noon and they allowed us to check in without extra charge. ;)

Next, we were asked to enter "pamper me" room and choose our room scent, body lotion, shampoo & conditioner, and soaps. The pamper me basket includes 2 pairs of slippers and 2 toothbrush + toothpaste. In that same room, you can pick DVD movies that you want which you can watch in your room. When we were done, we were assisted by 2 male personnel towards our room. Here's one of the downside, the aisle going to the upper rooms was too narrow. Plus, the "I Lust" room was then under renovation = noise, and they were cleaning the other room = some cleaning tools are on sight in the aisle.

Our room? Hmmm! Love it! But, I hate the idea of too many mirrors. There is that huge antique-like mirror, which should have been enough. But then, the huge mirror is fronting the wardrobe cabinet which again has mirrors (the cabinet was also big, so imagine how it looks with mirror doors). Then, another huge mirror in the bathroom. LOL!....I like the bed with many pillows, as in many. And I don't know what the other pillows are for since there's no sofa bed to put them. We requested for pillows which they alleged to be helpful or beneficial to guests with sleeping needs. Unfortunately, the pillows we got weren't that comforting at all. So, we ended up using the ordinary pillows. While wandering and wondering what else in the room, I have noticed these: there is for sale items inside your closet, a safety box, umbrella and bathrobes on the other closet. Too bad, our luggage can't fit in when laid. As a result, it's laid in the floor. The balcony? Anyways, since it was breezy cold then, we did not dare to open the balcony door. The view was towards the Taal lake. Beautiful!

For the food? Welcome drink and snack? Super loved it! The chocolate dip for the Espasol was delicious. Since we checked in early, we took our lunch at their resto. We ordered their baby back ribs and stir fry vegetables, and certainly the baby back ribs is a must-taste. We even have a left-over which we asked to be refrigerated and to be served for dinner. They were very accommodating to our request. Dinner came, we got fish plus our left-over baby back ribs. My tummy was satisfied, indeed!. Hot choco and snack were also served at 9 pm before hitting the sack were likewise a wow. How I wish our choco pot can be refilled. :)... Hurray! Breakfast is definitely something you will be excited for. My hubby choose the continental and I picked the American. I am a morning coffee drinker, but that time, hot choco with mallows was great. Although I can say that breakfast was big, how I wish they will add more of the pandesal..hehehe! My verdict, the food would really make me wanting to go back.

Our stay was truly relaxing and memorable at this B&B. Overall, it is very good on everything. But, I am hoping that on our next stay, there will be bottomless hot choco, more pandesal and more activities. Oh! Before I forget, the foot massage and face scrub should be a little longer like 20 or 30 minutes, perhaps.

Room Tip: I think, I Desire is their best seller, but you may try the other rooms for comparison
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
laguna, philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

the hotel room was very nice. small room. best view of taal volcano. price included a ten minute massage for two persons; all day breakfast for two; welcome drink for two; choice of soap, pillows... if you get confused with too much choices- this might not be for you. too many things on the menu. i wished they had valet parking, maybe they did- but nobody offered.

Room Tip: week day rates available.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My friends and I decided to book a room at the fabled Boutique hotel. It was promising... at the start.

Since we were three in the room, they had an extra mattress brought in. It wasn't comfortable. And my back ached by the time I woke up. Food was average. I didn't finish the breakfast that was included.

Front desk seemed arrogant when responding to my queries, but the rest of the staff were nice. It seemed the front desk personnel couldn't wait to put down the phone. Didn't even say "Hi Ma'am" to me. Just said "Yes?" in an annoying way.

I also found it overpriced. For 8,000 pesos a night, I expected better service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Made reservations for June 15-17, 2012. weather was fabulous despite supposed typhoon. First, the hotel claimed that they HAVE NOT blocked reservation on my credit card. However, every person I talked to who worked with a bank said, blocking only occurs from a merchant. I only gave them my credit card details no one else. Here's the diss, the accommodation blocking was four times for 31k when my full cost for the 2N/3D stay was only 22K!! To protect myself, when I checked in I used a debit card instead of my credit card. They wrote an email disclaiming they blocked any amount but sorry that just does not convince me!!

On to the hotel, got I Lust and expected a PRESIDENTIAL room but this is like a corner room with approx 10x7 mtr dimensions. The much touted bath tub is OUTSIDE the bathroom and in what would have been balcony space if they were serious about a decent sized balcony. Very awkward to take a dip in a tub that is inside the same space as the bed with the zircon turned on.

Closet space is good only for three days stay max, room was very moist, like there was precipitation suspended in the air, they should have moisture eaters coz I could just dee moulds forming on the bed sheets with all the moisture in the room. Shower head was supposed to be rainfall effect but it's spewing all over the walls instead of cascading down.

View!! what view?? it's obstructed by the plants and you can barely sit on what was supposed to be a balcony. They placed two seats and a round aluminum table but if you sit on these, you can't pivot the chairs without hitting the railing or sliding doors.

Personnel are nice and solicitous but I guess they should focus on getting the basics right like clean the floors ( I was wearing socks and slippers when it would have been nice to walk barefoot but the wooden floor was dusty), sort out the moisture in the room, install a better aircon (it never got cool even when set at 18 degrees!) tv size was good and remote worked.

Generally, my feedback is it's too expensive for the size and general hotel experience, if iwas going back to Tagaytay for the weekend, it would probably in Discovery Suites or even Taal Vista. I guess just coming back from a week in Discovery Shores Boracay set the bar too high for me but I believed the reviews so here's an unadulterated purely honest one - this place is simply too expensive, overrated and under delivers the basics like room quality, linens, cleanliness, balcony size, view, bathroom shower, really basic hotel housekeeping and design stuff. Suggest they focus on getting the basics right.

One other thing, while choosing the scents for bath gels, shampoo, lotion, etc was nice. When it came to using the stuff we completely chucked it...too many too confusing since the bottles looked identical.

Message me for more details if you want photos bel3ms@yahoo.com

Room Tip: get I dream, might have a better view than I lust!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!