“Inexpensive yet Okey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lazea Tagaytay Inn

You added Lazea Tagaytay Inn to your Saves list
Lazea Tagaytay Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   Tolentino Road, Tolentino East, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 83 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Inexpensive yet Okey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lazea Tagaytay Inn is a little far from Aguinaldo Highway but still very accessible due to abundance of tricycles and jeepneys around . Kudos to Ms Juliet who entertains changes in check-in dates and who has that ready contagious smile to guests .

The place is located at the back of the market and other stores and bakeries . The inn is very simple with no fuss or frills . It will provide you with the basic : bed and breakfast . The room was clean and colorful . Nothing bad to say except for the noise coming from the basketball court .

The free-flowing barako coffee and free senorita bananas are worth mentioning as something good to appreciate and remember . The hot coffee kept us warm and comfortable from the cold wind in the morning .

The garden was also simple but looking at the flowers of different colors will inspire a tired soul like me :-)

It's also worth to note that Lazea Tagaytay Inn ranks 2nd among the top B&B Inns in Tagaytay . The price difference between the #1 ? Well , Lazea's rate is 80% lower ! Surely a real bargain for a good stay and experience .

So for budget conscious like me , you must try Lazea Tagaytay Inn .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I got a discount via Ensogo for 1600.

First off, it wasn't hard to find at all. I texted them in advance for some directions via commute. A tricycle ride is 35 (for me at least) and you shouldn't have to go higher than 40 I think (from Olivares). It's right off of a main road.

It was quite clean inside the lot and very quiet. I stayed in room 7 and there was an issue with the door, like it cost extra effort to open. Perhaps it was the wood expanding due to the fluctuation of temperature. It didn't really bother me though since I felt more secure if someone were to try to open it, I'd hear them, lol.
The room was quite spacious and very cultural. I liked the decoration with the vases and all. The TV was a good size and there is a remote for the AC control. Unlike other previous guests, I got towels and they smelled pretty good!

The bathroom is small as previously mentioned, but I didn't care since the hot water kept me comfortable on that cold night.

Slept great. No noise whatsoever other than a couple crickets and probably an hourly tricycle passing by.

The staff lady asked me what I wanted for the free breakfast and they had it prepared for me in the morning.

There is free coffee and water. Just a little nuissance were the ants crawling all over the sugar. But I don't think that can be helped outside.

Overall, very good for the price. Wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Mateo, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at LAZEA TAGAYTAY INN last September 1 and i must say that every good things that I saw on these reviews were all true! We really enjoyed our stay there even though it's just for overnight. The couple room was so spacious. We got towels, toiletries and even slippers provided by them. The staff were great and always had their smile on their faces. We also felt secured for having security guard especially during night time. Kudos to Ms. Juliet cause everything went so great. She informed me proactively with all the things that I needed to know prior to getting there. The place was so easy to find. The coffee was great! We really enjoyed having the breakfast, given option on what to be served and thanks for the extra rice! We're so full and it's tasteful. Thank you for the great experience and will surely come back there! :))
- Arrianne :))

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my baby went there last august 17 2013.. We left manila around 7am and we arrived at Tagaytay around quarter to 9am..

It was raining hard at that time (bagyong Maring) thats why the very moment we step foot to Tagaytay me and my baby decided to have an early check-in to the hotel..

We rode a tricycle from Olivarez to the hotel.. Its not hard to find since its a cart wheel away to the market.. :) we supposed to check-in at 2pm but we arrived 9am.. The receptionist Ate Juliet is very accomodating.. She let us check-in early for free since the weather is bad.. and maybe because naawa sya kasi basang sisiw kmi..haha Thanks ng madami.. ;)

Upon checking in.. We are really satisfied with our room. Its huge and has toiletries unlike the other review say they dont have toiletries.. ;) and the flush in the toilet works well.. They have AC hot&cold shower, complimentary drinks(water), tv, breakfast and a huge bed..

The most thing I love about this place is their free coffee.. :) nakaka 3cups ako every meal..haha

I really recommend this place and looking forward to be your guest again.. :) maybe the only thing that i can suggest about their amenities is Hair dryer.. para d lamigin after taking a bath :)

Thumbs up to all the staff as well as the owner very friendly!! :)

• Stayed August 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice is an all-encompassing term that can describe our stay at Lazea. It was not top-rate but in terms of service and value for money, it is one of the best.

Room - we booked a couple room (at the 2nd fl) for Php2000/night and was pleasantly surprised at how (relatively) spacious and nicely decorated it is. The 32" LCD TV with cable channels is also a nice touch considering that we were following a basketball game during our stay. The bathroom is quite small, the flush is not working properly, and as per earlier review, they do not provide towels, but these are nothing we'd lose sleep over.

Location - the inn did not claim to have any view at all so if one is looking for a room with a view then this is not it. However, it is conveniently located near Sta.Rosa-Tagaytay and Calamba Tagaytay roads and is near a market and jeepney terminal. The downside of this though is that it tends to get noisy during busy hours.
Unfortunately, there is also a nearby basketball court which is always busy with kids. This too can get noisy in the afternoon, especially on a weekend.

Food - the room price includes plated breakfast (choice of tapa, bangus or tocino served with rice, egg, achara and banana) for two available from 8-10am. At one point, we got too lazy to go out and eat so we decided to pick from their menu. They were gracious enough to accommodate our request on how we want the dish to be cooked. Food was generous in serving and delish!
Coffee and water are available anytime at the dining area too.

Service - this is the strongest suit of this Inn. The staff (special mention to Juliet) are all courteous and helpful without being intrusive. They are welcoming, attentive and polite. There are only 4 people i think but not one time did i see them looking surly and tired.

Worth mentioning too is their parking space that can accommodate several cars and secure, too.

This 10-room Inn is well-managed and well- maintained (save for the non-working flush). Highly recommendable for budget-conscious travellers who want to get the best of their money's worth.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I went here with my partner and a group of friends from work, and we got 3 rooms; one barkada room and my partner and i got the couples room on the 2nd floor.... first of all, the room was huge and comfy, everything was spic and span.... service was okay, and all the attendants were friendly...

the atmosphere was very serene, and the location is convenient especially if you just wanna chill and relax.... we commuted, and it was very accessible to public transportation.... the unlimited coffee was perfect for a night cap, and the videoke added more fun to the night....

come next morning, we had a sumptuous breakfast... although the menu was simple, the food presentation and the taste was excellent...they even gave us a 1hour extension on the house and we took out time before we left back to Manila...

definitely worth coming back to.... recommended it to my friends and some of them already got a taste of their own..... good for couples and families and barkadas.... the owner was very accommodating and cool!!!

5stars for me!!! =)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Three weeks ago, me and my boyfirend went to tagaytay to unwind and get some fresh air.
I had my reservation at Lazea Inn Tagaytay, one of the most coolest places in Tagaytay i've ever been.
We arrived at exactly 2:00pm for the check in and everything was all set up.
The staffs are very accommodating and kind, i would like to commend the receptionist (i forgot her name, sorry ;(, but i can still remember her delightful smile )
After giving our room key, she informed us about the over-flowing free brewed coffee at their gazebo or kiosks, and we were glad to hear that ofcourse!
Additional info, Lazea is few steps away from the jeepney terminals/city markets. So if you're a commuter and on a budget, this place is really for you.
Aside from the clean and comfortable guest rooms, they also serve sumptous breakfast. They even offer us "paluto" if you feels like not-going-somewhere.
Over all, we enjoyed everything in Lazea Tagaytay.This is a recommended Bed and Breakfast in Tagaytay!
Also, i would like to mention their efforts in sending back my lovable pillow that i left on their hotel.
They shipped it via LBC which of course i am thankful for!
Thank you so much, you're the best Lazea! I wish i could go back there sometime in December! :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lazea Tagaytay Inn? Share your experiences!