“I'll Never Recommend This Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

You added Taal Vista Hotel to your Saves list
Taal Vista Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Aguinaldo Highway, Km 60, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Tagaytay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Makati, Philippines
“I'll Never Recommend This Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

Went there to inquire about their rooms and rates and the guard gave us only five minutes, i mean parking and walking to the front desk will take you at least five minutes or else they'll charge you P100. When at the front gate, the guard are NOT accomodating, no greeting whatsoever, the front desk is the worst, again no greeting or even a smile, when i ask for their rates she just hand me some brochures and that's it, her face is telling me to get out of her sight. i'll never ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

Taal Vista Hotel has a surreal view vantage point for Taal Lake/Volcano.
I found myself completely unprepared for the beautiful view . It is world class in everyway. (similiar to the Grand Canyon)
The restaurant has delicious food and would be an excellent location to host a cooking show. The staff was very helpful they even accomodated my request to make american style hash browns (not those horrible McDonalds style hockey pucks ) I especially enjoyed their saturday buffet with excellent fresh salad choices. In addition they provide live enertainment via a trio of singers, guitars, Bass Cello. I laughed, I cried, I knew instantly I was home ! I would go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2006
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

We are a family of six with a young child of 8 and a baby so we booked three rooms. We did not ask for a connecting room but we did get it so it was a nice surprise. I wouldnt commend the hotel for this though. It was more of an accident than anything. Anyway, the room we were in smelled like an ash tray. The airconditioning was not working, which should have been fine had the windows has an opening or some screen so we can take advantage of the fresh Tagaytay air. This is my second time in the hotel so if you want to make a reservation, specify that you want a room with a view and a window or glass doors that open. We called for them to send someone to fix the airconditioning and a few minutes later, this maintenance guy came in and poked at the switch. He did say that the aircon had just been repaired. We said we thought so because there was this "hole" in the ceiling that had not been completely covered/sealed when the crew fixed the airconditioning. We asked for the guy to have someone fix the hole as there might be mosquitoes which we are terribly avoiding because we have a baby with us. He left and that was that. We never saw or heard from the guy again. Maybe he figured that he couldnt fix it so he just walked away. Nobody came to fix what we asked to be fixed. Nobody called to check as well.

The staff were not warm or accommodating as well. Front desk personnel were not friendly either. You would expect them to greet you upon check in but no. No good afternoons, no welcome, no hi sir, hello ma'am -- nothing. Same with the housekeeping staff and the food servers. Everyone seems to hate their jobs. I hope the management would invest in training their personnel with the appropriate customer handling, they are in the service business anyway.

The swimming pool was very inviting. But there were no pool staff either. We called the conceierge from the room for a pool attendant to provide towels as there was no one to attend to the needs of swimmers. This was early noon. Maybe it was too hot for the pool attendant to stay and they do not want to be inconvenient. My young cousin finished his swimming and still no towels.

The room decor looks tired and badly needs refurbishments. The bulky console, working desk and tv stand are very outdated. They looked like they were flea market finds from the 70s.

The food was so-so. Good thing it was part of the room package.

So there. I hope this helps.

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

I was invited by a very good firend I see every year when I come home. I did'nt know how much was our accomodation but she included one of my close friends so we had to get an extra cot for her. We barely stayed in the room for we were only there for one day. We had a lunch reservation at Antonio's the following day but we had dinner and breakfast at Taal Vista restaurant. The food was average but the staff had to be trained to give the juice right at the start of breakfast. My friend was paying the bill when I noticed that the juice was never served, and yet my friend ordered an overpriced small fruit plate which all of us ate. Her breakfast was ala carte. Our breakfast was included with our accomodation.

I called the manager and told him that we never got our juice and he sent for somebody to give it to us but we already finished eating. He asked me if I wanted the juice "to go". I told him my friend should not be charged for the fruit plate because we ate what she ordered. He was very hesitant not to charge us for the fruit plate and yet the juice was not served at the right time.

I don't want to enter the contest. I just want other people to know what happened to us, I'm sure my friend got charged an arm and a leg for the accomodation!

• Stayed November 2004
San Francisco California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2005

This place is so .... so......... It was renovated and it sure looked better than it was but............ there are other better places to stay.

• Stayed December 2004

Been to Taal Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!