“pretty surroundings, poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crosswinds Resort Suites

You added Crosswinds Resort Suites to your Saves list
Crosswinds Resort Suites
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Brgy. Iruhin Central Calamba Road, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #22 of 79 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Alabang, Muntinlupa City
“pretty surroundings, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just got home from staying in this hotel. We have used a discount voucher for this stay so we paid a little less like around $9.

First Im particular about what I need like a non smoking room, high floor, twin beds etc so I booked early like month before the date of stay to be sure that I get the room I want.

First thing, the roads leading to the building are very steep it was scary. Good thing my car's automatic :) . Just for this reason alone Im not going back.

Second, we had to park outside the building as we arent tenants. The guard is so slow to help us (we have a baby and 2-3 small hand carry bags) and it was raining yesterday. Then I was surprised that their front desk is just a very tiny corner near the door I had to remind myself they arent a real hotel anyway. The woman manning the front desk didnt even smile at you, wouldnt even talk to you. LIke youre a bother to her. But I tried to not mind her as I didnt want our stay to be ruined. Then we were given a room on the same floor of the door so not a high floor. I said I booked really early so how come? She gave me so many reasons but its really obvious she's lying.

I bought some food to cook since its advertised that the room is complete with kitchen appliances and utensils. Yes theres a fridge, a microwave and gas range, plates and fork and a pot. No knife, chopping board, no mittens, no electric kettle. All these I discovered as I prepare cooking and had to ask one at a time and their gas range isnt even plugged so every time we ask for something it will take them at least 30 minutes to attend to us sometimes even an hour.

Breakfast was fine. LImited selection but it was fine.

Then 4 hours before check out the tv's display went dark but we can still hear sounds. we didnt bother caslling for assistance anymore. not a fun stay and I will not go back ever.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I love every bit about this place. From the food down to the ambience and the facilities. I was thrown away by the serene vibes and the spectacular view of the place. The rooms were clean and spacious tho it doesn't have a bath tub and a little bit dimmed when it comes to the lighting of the room. Toiletries were complete, towels and linens were tidy and fresh. The breakfast was so delicious! They will get your preferred breakfast the previous night then they'll serve it to you with your time of choice. Facilities like the pool and the christmas store was great. Tho the pool was not a heated one. Great choice, great deal. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013
Rosario, Cavite, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had a booking in this resort that I eventually cancelled due to some schedule conflicts. Cancellation procedures say that no cancellation fees will be charged whatsoever. Months passed and I was shocked that the booking I originally made was not reversed therefore charging my credit card.

I immediately called the reservations office to report my case. This was like 10 days prior to the due date of my credit card. The officer then requested for my savings account number and said that the company would just be depositing the amount to my savings account.

Days passed and I was not able to receive the amount and even feedbacks from them. It started to annoy me a bit so I called them up again. The same officer attended to my call and then she informed me that the Accounting Office still hasn't processed the reversal. Then I told her that I have to have the reversal before the due date.

Due date of my credit card came and still I did not receive feedbacks from them. I have no choice but to subsidize for the amount and pay the credit card company to avoid financial charges. I again called Crosswinds to inform them that I am getting frustrated with what is happening. They are now trying to avoid my calls and they always ask me to wait for further actions. The officer then told me that the accounting office said that they would just be charging back the amount 4 days later after my due date.

I then insisted that there is no more sense in charging back when I have already subsidized and paid for the erroneously charged amount. The frustrating part is that as if nobody understands the urgency of my case.
How difficult is it to deposit cash to savings account? If they would really want to do the charge back, they should have done it before my credit card due date. As if nobody in this company knows such processes.

Here are the bad experiences I had with their customer service:
1. They are trying to avoid phone calls regarding resolution of open cases specially financially-related.

2. Nobody is knowledgable of the processes, they keep on passing the case from one group to the other.

3. When they say they would call you back, they wouldn't!

4. When they say to wait for feedbacks, they are just trying to get out of the conversation.

5. You can sense that the people attending to your concern is not sincere.
You can here other people laughing in the background as if they are mocking the caller.

CUSTOMER SERVICE here SUCKS!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Taguig City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We were 4 adults booked in a 2 bedroom good for 4 persons. Which means the room covered items and services for 4 persons. There was only one shared bath which had 2 towels set up. I called to ask for 2 more and I was shocked when they were charging me 70 pesos extra per towel. I spoke to the attendant and complained about this and he said only 2 would be complimentary. The same applied to the breakfast in the pavilion when they were telling me only 2 of us were complimentary. I spoke to the attendant and again the reply was this was the standard. I asked to speak with the GM or resort mAnager and they didn't have one. Bottom line I refused to pay the extras when we checked out and told them to check online what the norm is for 2 bedroom and the corresponding charges. It was a nice resort with great Rooms but if no one bothers to fix these minor problems, no one will bother to come back. I asked for toilet paper at the lobby and it took them 45 mins to bring one roll!!

• Stayed November 2012
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've been to Tagaytay many times but Crosswinds made it memorable. Very nice place. You'll be wanting to comeback.

Crosswinds is fabulous with grand hospitality. The place, people and service exceeded my expectations. They even upgraded our room with no additional cost. The surrounding is so serene, so much peace & quiet. I should come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I booked online for studio room in this resort and when I showed up, the staff (Edna) told me that they do not have cable & wifi in my reserved room instead they want me to transfer at View Park hotel. But I told them I prefered my room in their hotel with fully equiped kitchen as I bought some fresh foods to cook and I can stay without cable & wifi, so they let me WAIT IN THEIR LOBBY FOR 40minutes and told me that one of their staff will assist me at View park.. Time consuming n hustle, I agreed but I assured on the front desk if the room is same as I booked in their resort with kitchen etc.. And she told me YES! LIAR!! as I arrived at View park it is not comfy room for a vacationist who wants to relax. Dirty towels! very old toilet etc and have only small space for bed! So where's my kitchen!!! What will I do with my foods??!! I tried to call again crosswinds but nothing happened! I wish they give me a ring to informed the problem ahead right?! It's too much!! So I decided to checkout right away and asked for my refund but the hotel get 35% of my money even I stayed there less than half an hour to solved my problem with Edna regarding my room! They are liars and poor in service! We hate u Crosswinds and you ruined our vacation!!! So much!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Taguig City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed overnight last weekend at Crosswinds hotel. The room was big, with living, dining and kitchen areas, the bedroom was ok with connecting door to the bathroom. The TV in the room had no cable so we watched TV in the living room with Cignal HD cable. We didnt bring any food except our pizza and pasta leftovers from our dinner in Amoroma so we heated the pizza in the microwave. The dining table was already set up for 4, with plates, glass wine. In the morning we drove around and found the pool, small but good enough for kids, beside it was a play area. There was also a Christmas village which was nothing much except a convenience store and a small Christmas house but was locked when we got there. Nothing much to do here except sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crosswinds Resort Suites? Share your experiences!