“Relaxing Tagaytay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tagaytay Wingate Manor

You added Tagaytay Wingate Manor to your Saves list
Tagaytay Wingate Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Magallanes Drive, Maitim II West, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“Relaxing Tagaytay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We are a group of 4 adults and 1 3yr old child & availed the Family Room. It was spacious enough for all of us, having 1 queen size bed & 2 single beds. Room is clean & cozy, although ants came out of their hiding when we brought in pineapples we bought from People's Park. Staff are friendly. The complimentary breakfast is delicious. You got to choose whether American or Filipino. What's best is the complimentary 1hr whole body massage for 2. They are well trained & it really soothes you. The swimming pool is cool, considering that this is in Tagaytay. It would be better if it's heated. Otherwise, we had fun in it. The place itself is far from the night life of Tagaytay, so if peace & quiet are what you came here for, then this is the place for you. It can be reached by a tricycle ride or just a 5-10min drive from Tagaytay City proper. This isn't that cheap, but not that pricey either. But it is worth what you paid for. Overall, I would recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
SPRINGFIELD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a very comfortable hotel in a quiet location about 1 mile from the main road of Tagaytay. The room was exceptionally clean. Everything was well cared for. Staff were attentive. Breakfast was adequate. The room was small, bathroom small. Included was a one hour spa treatment which made the stay good. But for what you get, the price is too much. We enjoyed it but will not return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlingame, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel wasn't at all difficult to find; it was just further down the road than expected. We liked how nice and secluded it was so it wasn't noisy at night. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. While the hotel doesn't have a view of the lake, we didn't miss it since we got massages, dinner, and breakfast as part of the room price.

Despite my personal overall satisfaction with the hotel, I can't give them five stars just because of their lack of decent drivers' quarters. At the time we visited, the drivers' quarters was still about to be built so the space allotted for drivers was highly inadequate. A small plank attached to a brick wall is not acceptable. With that being said, I appreciate the assistance of the staff in helping us find an alternate place for our driver to stay.

If asked, I would recommend staying here again. I just hope that the next time I visit, the hotel would have completed building the drivers' quarters.

Room Tip: Staying here in the middle of the week means a high chance of having the entire place to yourself.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked a room through Agoda and the room included free breakfast and massage. For their location, it was a bit far from the main road, you should have a car to have easy access. We also thought that we were already lost, turns out the hotel is still far behind. Check-in was a breeze, no deposits required, they'd just photocopy your valid ID and a credit card. The room is kinda small and basic, but has everything you need. They have a lap pool and a kid pool which is great. For the breakfast, you would need to choose what you would like upon check-in. They only have corned beef, longganisa, ham and egg, bacon and egg, tawilis and bangus. We tried out eating at Manor Cafe, we didn't expect much from their food but hey, they serve great food. We even tried their Shabu-Shabu on our second night and it was really really good. The owner even helped us with our Shabu-Shabu.

The only problem we had was with their "rent a car." My friends and I booked late around 12nn since we were undecided to go out or not. We asked the front desk how long we can use the van, and she said until anytime we want. Turns out that it's only up to 5pm. And hey, we were charged P3000 for that when we only used it from 12nn-5pm. Rip off.

Room Tip: Try to eat at Manor Cafe, you would love it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was the choice for our honeymoon, after I got married to my Filipina wife last January. We were there for 4 days and loved it. It's in a secluded part of the town and you need to be transported by a tricycle, unless you own or rent a car to get to the hotel. The staff in the hotel are the nicest people I've ever met in this business, they were always smiling and very helpful. The little restaurant/bar is also great and the food is decent. You can also go to the many restaurants a couple of miles away from the hotel, many of which are overlooking the beautiful Taal lake. The rooms are very clean and quiet. The area around the hotel is developing and there aren't many houses/ buildings around. Perfect for a couple for their honeymoon. There is an armed guard 24/7 , so you will be always save. There's also a safe in the front desk where you can keep your important documents/passport and or cash. If you need a tricycle to get to the town and or the restaurants, the staff will gladly call one for you. My wife and I plan to visit this wonderful little hotel again and again in the future. Very new and contemporary with a Japanese style architecture. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hello Tagaytay Wingate Manor! I just got back to Manila an hour ago. I had the most fun and relaxing Valentines Trip and Weekend in your hotel! My husband gave me the sweetest gift this year, he checked in using my name last February 14, 2013 and i stayed there up until Sunday February 17, 2013 today. Since i couldn't bring my Hubby along with me because he works overseas, i thought of bringing my mom. The room we got was a standard type of room where it has two single beds. The room has its own bathroom which includes everything you need, from new towels to tissues and shampoos. They maintain the facilities well, our room was cleaned everyday and the entire manor/hotel was spotless! you can see their staff cleaning every time so they'd be sure that the place is very clean. that caught my attention because i have asthma and it's good that they're looking forward to having the whole place clean and safe for every guest. I also adore their staff because everyone was just so helpful and nice to us, rest assured you'll get a VIP treatment here, foreigner or not. The spa/massage was awesome, the masseuse was good at it and was kind enough to teach me places to go around Tagaytay. The guards at the gate will assure you that your car is safe and if ever you leave the hotel they're also concern about your safety reminding you.

I'll definitely be back again! you made me feel like Tagaytay Wingate Manor is my home in Tagaytay City :)

For a Manor, the service you'll get feels like as if you are in a 5 star hotel! KUDOS! :)

Iona Curtis.

• Stayed February 2013
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very good place, the manor was good, service was decent, rooms were decent, the pool was good, restaurant was very good, I didn't mind the wi-fi at the manor and yeah transportation was no problem because I know how to speak the Philippine language. The stay in at the manor was good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tagaytay Wingate Manor? Share your experiences!