“Comfortable bed - 3.2km from town” 3 of 5 stars

3210 Calamba Road, Sungay West, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 83 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Victoria
“Comfortable bed - 3.2km from town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is a little far out from town. 3.2km - 45 mins walk or 10 min jeepney ride. Jeepneys quite frequent. Room had 4 really bright lights, I thought I was in an operating theatre. No toilet seat. Shower's had Luke warm water and sprayed in 2 directions and went all over the floor. Only had a sheet and got very cold during the night. Bed is comfortable. TV has distorted picture. Bathroom very big. Fridge makes loud noises during the night and wakes you up. Be wary about doing volcanoes tour with them. I asked twice if motorbike ride included and was told yes. Then did tour and asked the staff who I pay the 1500 peso too. Staff said the motorbike rider. When I got the boat and walked up volcanoes and back and finished boat ride, boat owner said to pay her 1500 peso, I queried who would pay the motorcycle, she said me. Then on the way back the chain came off the motorbike whilst going up hill. Turns out chain far too loose. Got back to hotel and the motorbike rider did not ask for any money, so I figured maybe boat owner pays commission to him. Then I get back to my room and she asks me if I have paid him. I told her that she told me it was included. She said ok. I always pay my way and I had asked her twice before about the bike ride and boat ride being included in price. Then I went downstairs to sort it out and she was on the phone to a customer and just kept talking, so waited a bit then walked away. The whole thing sounded a bit dodgy. The negotiations were all done between her and the rider in their own language before the trip started , which is rude in itself, so I don't know what was said between the two of them.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here on a weekend during my get away trip from the busy city of Makati. Fortunate to be able to booked here as they are mostly full during weekends. Arrived a little later than their usual check in time of 1pm. Was welcomed warmly by the friendly staff/receptionist. Guard assisted me to my room and oh boy, it was comfy enough for a budget hostel!
Aircon checked..functioning well. Didn't have much use of it though since I like the cold weather=)
Cable TV checked. Plus there is a dvd player where you can play your favorite movie for FREE! yes for free as long as it is in their almost a thousand list!!
Hot & Cold shower checked. Small bathroom but clean and cute. Liked it with their bidet and multi shower (however they call it)..
Toiletries provided which I only get to have on my stay at big hotels.. Yes, they provide it as well with hair blower on each room (I suppose,,.since my room had one).
WIFI super fast! They have many routers where you can connect to depending on which signal you get well.
Pool..This is one of the few things I love about my stay..Their pool is not that big nor too small but it is perfect for me..So clean! Water is sparkling clear. It is in the midst of their garden area surrounded by greeneries and cute cottages.

All this for a flat rate of P1,500! Couldn't ask for more! Surely this won't be my last!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a weekend trip to Tagaytay. Room is big enough for 2, got the one with balcony facing the main road. Bathroom is clean and spacious enough. Rooms has mini bar and free DVD use. however the wireless phone they provided didn't work. So instead of going to the lobby and request for something, we just stayed on the room until we wait for our check out time. The price of P1500 should have come with breakfast just like the other hotels in Tagaytay are offering. Nevertheless, would still consider going back to this place coz I love the pool area and plans to visit the place with family / friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Keni Po for two nights in September 2013. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was OK - a very small double bed, noisy air-con, and a shower over the bath that sprayed in three directions all over the bathroom. There is no restaurant but they will bring food to your room - breakfast was OK. This place is on the main road pretty much in the middle of nowhere - you will need a jeepney/tricycle to get into town. It's pretty good value but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My partner and I just stayed here for a night. We've heard a lot of good reviews about this place that's why we decided to stay there. The room has the basic needs. Standard room for two will cost you Php 1,500 on a weekend but it doesn't include breakfast. It has free wifi, cable tv, dvd, mini ref and the room that we got has a balcony. You will hear the vehicles passing by in the morning but its tolerable. The bathroom is quite small but its clean and it has a hot shower. We weren't able to try their swimming pool which is nice, specially at night because of its lighting. I would recommend that you try it with your barkada because the ambiance at night in the pool area is great for chilling out. I will go back to this place again. :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

first time visit to Tagtay and didn't know what to expect. we arrived around 9:30 am but check in time is 1pm so needed to wait for quite sometime. Hotel staff were not really that accommodating. but what gives this place a 5 rating is the room and the view. entered the room and it was so nice, everything is clean, spick and span! AC is working, bed, pillow and duvet is comfy. small vanity table with mirror also provided. toiletries and bathroom all check! mirror wall to see outside view, has sliding door to open mini-balcony with table and chair. view was perfect! you could see trees, their garden and the pool. ordered breakfast the next day and it was really good..needed to go out but upon returning it rained so hard we were so wet specially our shoes, then i noticed there's a hair blower/ dryer on the table...used it to dry our shoes..hahah so perfect for me. I will definitely stay here every time i'll be visiting tagaytay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bacoor, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

very pleased with everything.. from their staff, amenities, food and location (a minute walk to Ina ng Laging Saklolo Parish). really cheap but couldn't go wrong with their excellent service. I recommend! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Keni Po? Share your experiences!