“NEVER USE CREDIT/ATM/DEBIT CARD FOR DEPOSIT” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sunrise Holiday Mansions Hotel to your Saves list
Sunrise Holiday Mansions Hotel
Sunrise Holiday Mansions Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Royal Tagaytay Estates, Alfonso Cavite, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #19 of 20 hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“NEVER USE CREDIT/ATM/DEBIT CARD FOR DEPOSIT”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

When I went there for 3d/2n they require deposit even for walk in clients...

(POSITIVE)
I'd give the hotel a 5/10 because:

>I "loooveee" the music at their lobby it's so relaxing (Bosa Nova)
>The room is big and has a bath tub upon request
>It's very quiet at night.
>kudos! on the breakfast.. Taste good and quite a serving for one person!

(NEGATIVE)

The Interior:
>lobby, path way looks old and so are the rooms and elevator

>The ceiling on the stairs near the pool and resto has holes so water drops when it rains
Note: "be careful on walking, you might slipped coz' there's no sign"

The location:
>Going there is a bit hustle if you don't have a car cause you have to walk all the way down, and quite a walk from the pat and fan, plus there's no light on the streets it's really dark
Note:"Bring your own flash light"

The pool:
>Lack of maintenance, the water is a bit dirty, and really made me dark in just a 20 mins. swim, I guess its because of the chemical/chlorine.

>No light at night, the only light is from the window of the rooms around it and from the resto.

>since there are less people eating on the resto, employees will we watching while you swim!!! =P

"DEPOSIT!!!! MUST READ!!!!"
>upon check in they required deposit aside from the room rate and told me it'll appear in a week and it's just on hold.

>I just found out after 2 weeks after that they have not yet credited the amount they have deducted on my Account.

>I have called the Hotel to advise them and what they told me is they'll text me the day after, and they have noted the complaint and send it to the accounting department.

*after 3 days of not receiving response i called again for an update, and they said the same thing*- 4x I've been told this!!!! so it's almost 2 weeks on pending that I decided to really called and stayed on line till I was able to get a clear response from them, and so they told me they have already reached the bank and the bank caused the delay not them, they'll advise me with an update!!!

*NOT AGAIN!!!*

>Since they said it's with the bank, I called the bank and raised my concern!!!

>the bank suggested me to file a complaint if the hotel won't cooperate and send proper file of cancellation to them after I have advised them to do so!!! but it would take like a month or two!!!

* because after I have advise the hotel management with regards to the deposit that has not yet been credited back to my account, and the hotel management told me it's been taken care of...

>according to the bank they have not yet received any call from the hotel, and that there is no note on my account or what so ever!!!

>>UNTIL NOW IT'S ON PROCESS<<

*What'da!!!*

* just hope the hotel would give me like a free accommodation or reward or something for this inconvenience* #duh#you#wish#

Room Tip: advise them if you won't a tub or else you won't get one!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I read the review of Titus below and my experience is almost a carbon copy and I cannot really add much more to be honest!

A very poor hotel with kids as the staff and gormless ones at that! They don't seem trained, motivated or interested. Food, well it's poor and the place has the aura of someplace that is going downhill faster than an express train with no breaks.

I will say my room was clean but there really is no hint of customer service or knowledge here and like so much of the country's sector, it's woefully overpriced and just plain poor in return.

Let me sum it up this way, down the road 1.5kms away, is Sonia's Garden and if you have to stay at this hotel, you will have to go down there to eat! I picked up a few things to put in the fridge in my room only to find that yes, there was a fridge there, but no socket to plug it into!!

For me, that is the Sunrise Hotel in a nutshell!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere! Food at Sonia's Garden is the nearest you will get to fresh/healthy....i.e. 1.5...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I conducted a seminar at the Sunrise Holiday Mansion which is located in Alfonso, Cavite and the place was "okay". Units are clean with huge windows where you can let the cool, fresh breeze of Tagaytay enter the room anytime you want to. Baths and tubs are spotless, Hot water is available, complete with thick towels, foot towels, tissue papers, soap, shampoo, toothpaste and disposable toothbrush (which they replenish everyday). If you want slippers they'll cost you an additional 50 pesos a pair (and these are those garden variety, white, one-time use, thick as paper slippers). The beds are comfortable enough, cable TV is a bit fuzzy, internet (wi-fi) is really slow and works only in the lobby, but what I like is their couch which are "sofa-beds". If you want a more relaxing TV or movie watching or if you just want to create your reports (of course you can't send them) in comfort using your laptop, just pull the bed off the sofa and voila! They have a fairly sized pool at the back, a gym (that I never get to use because it's always unavailable) and a nice resto next to the pool. Food is good (but for their pricing it should've been excellent), If you want to order food, goodluck, because no fastfood or food outlets will deliver in the area. The place is not really "scenic" because the hotel is oddly situated inside a subdivision, so when you look out your window, assuming that you get a front room, all you'll see are rows of private houses, a big vacant lot full of fresh green grass, two cows (eating the fresh green grass) and a couple of native dogs running around (good thing they don't bark that much). If you are one of those stay-in-the-room-and-never-mind-the-world-until-I-check-out type of person. Then I would say, you're in the right place. But, since I went there for business... it's a different story altogether! Of course as a speaker and facilitator of the conference, I have to coordinate with the people running the place and from the time I stepped in and approached the front desk, I immediately knew that it is going to be a struggle. I asked for help with my things and someone gave me a trolley, I talked to a receptionist who doesn't seem to enjoy her job because her pretty face was devoid of any reaction, She told me that I'm early because I was expected to come in 1 hour before I reached the place (so, I drive fast!), and needless to say, I waited for another hour before I was allowed to enter my room. After settling down and a quick change, I went to the Conference venue where 1/3 of the place was reserved for our buffet (this is the ony hotel I've been in where the food in the buffet ran out with 10 more people standing in line to get theirs), and 2/3 where the event will be held. The venue was a bit warm, the sound system doesn't sound right, the projector doesn't project right (good thing I brought my own) and the wires are all over the place. I asked for assistance with the wires and what they did was add more wires. Needless to say (but I really have to say it) service sucks! The management (for lack of better term) of the Hotel clearly doesn't understand what "customer service" means. They should start training their people on "excellent customer service" and they should make it their mission not to depend solely on the coziness of their rooms but upgrade themselves with warm smiles and genuine concern for their guest's needs, comfort and above all... Whole-hearted service.

Room Tip: Never get a room that is situated at the back, because when you open your window, all you'll see...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I booked this resort thru RCI exchange. It was good for the money as I don't want to stay with relatives. The staff were not very friendly, compared to Mexico were workers are trained for excellent customer service. I don't have plan to go back, I might try another hotel.

I did spend more time next door hotel for gym, pool, spa and foods.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Middletown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Well it wasn't the greatest but it wasn't the worse either. The swimming pool didn't have any water in it. That was such a disappointment to my cousin's children and my mom. The hot tub next to the pool looked like it had pee in it. They should have drained that too so it didn't look dirty. I know you shouldn't really be spending your time watching a t.v. when you are on vacation but at least have one that works. Watching it just hurts your eyes watching a blurry show, I guess because it was an outdated t.v. No wifi available in your room only the lobby area. Water pressure in the shower was weak. The kitchen area could be cleaned up a little better. This place is very from places so if you want to get to restaurants, malls, etc you should have extra money for traveling expenses.

• Stayed December 2012
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

going to tagaytay means going away from the hustle and bustle of the city life.It was a relief to arrive in a hotel that is not far from the city but away from the noise of the street.a clear definition of exclusive.you can be yourself and feel the home away from home.If there's one thing that you have to remember with this hotel is to book early.I love the grilled maliputo and kalderetang batangas.It very hard to get a reservation because they're always fully booked.it was a happy stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We booked executive suite for 12/31-01/02 for 5 pax and 1 child. First provided to us was not what we agreed upon with the sales agent from Sunrise. The room was located beside the fence wall. The rooms smells like haunted! We requested to be transferr to another room and we were asked to wait for 1 1/2 hour. What a waste of time! We were tired and expecting a good rest after a long drive. We were then transferred to another room facing the pool after calling the front desk for like 5 times! The room was pretty big which is expected for a suite room. Wow! but wait no hot water, not even coffee maker or water heater! There's a foul smell coming from the drainage of the lavatory! Then we had our dinner and we're asked to add up 150 per person to go on buffet because our food is just complimentary ala carte. No table napkin and if you want one you have to request from one of the waiters. Same with hot water. We have to call several times before it will be delivered to our room. I'm thinking if the food being served was delivered straight from the North Pole? Cold as ice! We never waited for 12noon for our check out time. We left the place at 5 in the morning and had our breakfast in the nearest McDonald's. And one more, the place is far from the city center. I believe it's not part of Tagaytay anymore. Not coming back in that hotel. Worst experience!

Room Tip: Stick to hotels near the city center.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sunrise Holiday Mansions Hotel? Share your experiences!