“Such a waste” 2 of 5 stars

Manila, Philippines
17 attraction reviews
“Such a waste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place used to be one of the main attractions in Tagaytay. Used to house some restaurants and shops but now it seems like the government did not bother to renovate this place and just let it die out.

Went here with my relatives from the states as they also remember going to this place before leaving the Country. We were all disappointed with what happened to this place.

Although the view is very nice but you get the feeling that the place is not really going anywhere. Just took a couple of shots here and there then we left the place.

I do hope the government sees this as a tourist attractions rather than some legacy of the past president.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Quezon City, Philippines
17 attraction reviews
“Needs Care :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The first time I came here was last 2008, I was amazed of the cool air and very nice view, but when I saw the buildings inside it was really old. The name of the place written in a nice view was like fill in the bank test, some of the letters are missing and the letters around seemed to fall down anytime. I wasn't so sure if there was an entrance fee then.
Yesterday, I was inspired to go back to feel the cool breeze and of course to enjoy the view. I was really shocked when I saw the same scenario when I first visited the place and it looked like there's no management who is in charge to make the place more attractive. I feel quite sad because they ask the visitors to pay 50 pesos as entrance fee. I don't know what is the entrance fee for. One thing I am thankful with is that we know how to appreciate the gifts of nature so even the place wasn't good still the cool breeze and relaxing view make us happy and contented. :)

Visited June 2013
Manila, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
“nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

this place is kinda disappointing. i'd been in the place when i was a child and i don't have much memories of it. and lately when we decided to visit it, the excitement i feel just dropped. the buildings are old and the place looks like it was not properly maintained. the view is not that special. there are other place that gives a better view of taal.

entrance fee is P20 per person. you can take a ride to the top or you may opt to walk. there are stores if you want to dine but the food is kind of expensive. you can dine but there's a fee for the cottages.

there are also a lot of souvenir stores but i would advise to buy from the souvenir stores just outside the park. the price is much cheaper there.

Visited May 2013
Limay, Philippines
16 attraction reviews
“not much to see”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

the place is derelict, a rundown mansion of the Marcoses. if that sounds like your cup of tea then this is the place for you. What's so cool after the trek to the top is the view of the city below. and the fog. it's always thick fog in tagaytay that's why caretakers tell the people to go down already by 5pm. and there are souvenir shops here too.

Vancouver
120 attraction reviews
“Decent view , but there are much closer spots to get a better view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were very disappointed in this place . It may be a nice place for locals to come for a picnic , but it really doesn't have anything to offer for tourists . It was a huge waste of time for us . There is a decent view , but going further west along the ridge gives you much better views . I would have given it the terrible rating , but Taal is gorgeous from any location .

Visited January 2013