“FRONTDESK "Worst"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Lake Hotel Tagaytay

You added The Lake Hotel Tagaytay to your Saves list
The Lake Hotel Tagaytay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 58 Emilio Aguinaldo Highway Maharlika East, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“FRONTDESK "Worst"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Last February 24, we supposed to have a walk-in check-in, but the front desk negotiated high price though our family stayed there for a while, manager in not around ( to think it's 4pm, Friday ). I forgot the name but HE is trouble and having a "plastic smile" to us though I told them that it's my birthday and minimal guest at the moment, but still, he did not honored our request.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paranaque, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed with my family for a post-New Year break. We booked 2 superior rooms for 2 nights.

Pros:
The rooms are a good size, with all the standard amenities and a view of Taal Volcano.
Check-in was efficient, and the requests made from the room were attended to promptly.
The property is located within walking distance to many restaurants (the closest is the Cliffhouse, which has Buongiorno, Cafe Breton & Fire Lake Grill)
Hotel's location on the ridge gives it one of the best views of Taal Volcano.

Cons:
Our room was located on the ground floor, just down the hall from the front desk and kitchen. Sometimes the smell of cooking from the kitchen reached the hallway of our room.
The breakfast buffet was depressing. No bacon, some strange meat & sausage with sauce, a couple of choices for fruit, bread and an omelet station. Fresh fruit juice was available, but had to be paid for separately (it wasn't part of the buffet). For the rates they charge, the selection and quality should be better.

I would stay here again because of the location and quiet rooms. If the food was better, I would have given them a "Very Good" rating instead of just "Good".

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have a view of Taal Lake/Volcano, so make sure to ask before booking.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The location of the Hotel is great. Near the "Rotonda". Also, it is near the famous restaurants in Tagaytay, so they are just walking distance. And parking is spacious.
As you walk down their reception, the view and entrance is relaxing. There is a pool and a garden view which are both amazing!

Their restaurants serves average food. But it is more than enough considering its value.
The rooms are quite small relative to its price. You can get better and larger rooms on other hotels for their room rates.

In summary, if you consider the location and view - the hotel is recommended.
But if you prefer better rooms at the same rate, and you have your own transpo - might as well try other hotels first before booking. :)

Room Tip: Choose rooms with Taal View.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gibraltar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

we chose the hotel because of the beautiful view. we were disappointed however when we wen to our room and saw that our view wasn't of the taal lake but a solid cement with a few plants on top of it. I know it was only a standard room but I felt like we were shortchanged with what we paid for. Also, the hotel boasts of it souvenir photo which will be taken by one of their staff. We took advantage of this service hoping to receive the photos within a reasonable amount of time. We stayed there in January 15 and we haven't received anything from them until now. Argh!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Mandaluyong, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The only thing this place has going for it is that it has commanding views of the famous Taal Volcano...but that's it. It's a bit of the dive. When we pulled up to the main driveway, no one was there to receive guests and no one assisted with bags. In a hotel of this standard, one would expect that service. Front office staff were curt and while not impolite, were dismissive and uncaring. I know it was a late check-in and they must have have a long day...but so did we. The room itself was adequately appointed but a keen eye will see where housekeeping has missed spots. The bed and pillows were a bit too stiff for my liking and got in the way of a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was OK...just OK...for locals. Guests with more Western palates might have trouble with it and on that day, the cook manning the egg station was not having a good day. Couldn't do an egg over easy, was burning omelets...poor guy. In the end, I got what I wanted...a place to spend the night and if I had paid half what I did, I don't think I would have minded at all. But at almost 200 dollars a night, I think am allowed to have some expectations,,,none of which were met.

Room Tip: Choosing a quiet room can be tricky because many rooms are right above the lobby and even if you shu...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Cavite City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

First of all, the location site of the hotel in Tagaytay is so beautiful and grandiose. The scenery of the Taal lake and volcano is such a joy to watch. We only took an hour to drive from our residence to The Lake Hotel, Tagaytay. It is so convenient and easy to locate (along the National road). It is our third anniversary of my husband and we decided to go upland to celebrate it. When we got in the grand lobby of the hotel itself, we were so delighted with how the attendants helped us with our needs in assistance. The staff in the information desk is so polite and accommodating. We got a room suited for the both of us. The room is so cozy and ideal. Everything that we needed was provided to us with the great service of the entire staff. The food was enticing and so was the drink. It tasted so sumptuous and tender. Moreover, we planned to stay in the hotel for just a night but when we experienced the good service of the hotel itself, my husband and I decided to stay for one more night. We were very satisfied and relaxed in our stay there. The celebration of our anniversary was so romantic and perfect and one factor that affected it was The Lake Hotel, Tagaytay.
Thank you so much and we swear to go back and stay in your hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room which is overlooking the view of the lake.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Lake Hotel Tagaytay charged me P10,500 for a room with a mulfunctioning hot/cold water. I had to call the front desk to have it fix. The maintenance were able to fix the hot water at the tub at the expense of the cold water. Who the hell could bathe in an almost boiling water? To my frustration, I decided to just have a shower instead - NO HOT WATER AGAIN!

To The Lake Hotel Tagaytay, you are charging a lot but please give what your customers are paying for.

Based from my experience, I won't recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lake Hotel Tagaytay? Share your experiences!