“Needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dominique

Save Saved
You added Hotel Dominique to your Saves list
Hotel Dominique
Km. 55 Aguinaldo Hi-way | Brgy. Maitim II East, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Tagaytay
Manila
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We got a voucher deal of approximately P1800 per room per night. It was 50% off.

I would like to start with reservation. It was swift and had no problem. Problem started when we wanted to enter the room after check in. The key card wasn't working, and it was hard to open the doors using the keys. The intercom wasn't working. The comfort room was dirty. I think our room was dirty as well, as I started to have allergies and my mom an asthma attack that night.

If we didn't get a voucher deal, and paid full price, Im sure my reaction wasn't as calm as now.

If there would be such a voucher deal again, would I avail it? The answer is no.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear sophiegrayy,

This is to express our serious interest to your review and how thankful for your comments.

We are dealing already all the concerns and will implement necessary improvement with our housekeeping standards and door lock system. We will not elavorate the technical details of our corrective actions, though best results are higly regarded.

Yours sincerely,

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I found the hotel's ambiance very warm and quiet. They had good food while very good service. All the staff that we saw were all smiles and always greeted us. Will be back very soon (hopefully).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Langkawi, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

good location as the hotel is just a few steps away from the tagaytay rotonda and a few minutes drive from tagaytay’s famous view strip where the restaurants, casino and other tourist destinations are. the facade of the hotel may be classic looking but the interior of the hotel gives a comfortable, warm and relaxing feeling to all guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
San Pablo City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

our stay at hotel dominique in an over all rated is good. the staffs are nice. they have a very good and relaxing ambiance though the food is not that great. the rooms are small. you cant bring outside food. there's a corkage.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Reserve your parking because they have limited slots especially if there is a function held. Room was not bad, a bit overpriced if it was not for the voucher deal we used. Room interior was straightforward. Ambience was homey and a bit cute with a hint of a Swiss-inspired architecture, a match for the cold Tagaytay evenings. There was also mild hot shower. Swimming pool was very small like a kiddie pool but little kids were still having fun. Complimentary breakfast was simple but good enough. It is located along the road to Silang Cavite about 15 minutes from the Tagaytay rotunda. It is very near the Gourmet cafe where we had light dinner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
QC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I attended a wedding last January 5, 2013 at Tagaytay Highlands. The groom paid for our stay at Hotel Dominique. We were excited that we need not worry about our lodging and just be busy being guests and sponsors of the wedding. Upon knowing that my cousin bought an online deal at Hotel Dominique I took the liberty to buy one too since I wanted to extend our stay.

So here is the Terrible scenario that I experienced which did not only show lack of flexibility but lack of professionalism and courtesy to guests (I should know, I'm an Events Manager in one of the hotels in Manila). I came in late to the hotel because I had to go to work so I told my mom to fix the stay courtesy of me and the groom. On the day of check-in at around 10:30pm the hotel sent me a text message that If I don't check-in my voucher is void and I will be charged in full. I replied and said my mom already checked-in for me this afternoon and was already staying at the hotel for the time being. I even called and asked about the problem but she said "Everything is okay and that it was just a double booking". - Here I already got a "supposed" assurance.

When we were extending our stay using my voucher the staff said that it was void already because it was a late cancelation. I knew that it was only a miscommunication but they were not flexible enough to do something about our problem. We tried talking to the General Manager but he didn't want to talk to us. Clearly, this hotel is only after profit and not after a good and memorable experience of guests.

Also rooms had cobwebs, door locks were malfunctioning and lighting was a problem. Case in point - We paid for Php 3,300.00 net which went to nothing.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Marie A,

Based on your booking and stay with us, we do not confirm that those concerns were you have raised are what really happened. Let me begin with the details of rooms reservations. According to the cancellation policy you agreed with the Online Deal site where the vouchers you have purchased, cancellation can only be made five (5) days before the arrival date, otherwise, the voucher will be forfeited after a reservation is confirmed. The reservation for your room was done November 15, 2012 through email and was reconfirmed first week of December 2012 for an overnight stay on January 4 – 5, 2013. There was no cancellation made prior to the specified arrival date.

On January 4, 2013, your family members arrived between 8 – 9 PM. All reserved rooms under your family were released to them and were considered sold for that day including the one intended for you. The text message you’ve received was part of the standard operating procedures during preparation for the Night Audit process which I know you’re familiar with since you also work in a hotel.

On January 5, 2013, we expected your room to be vacated by 12 noon. Out of the two rooms used by your family with voucher for an overnight stay, one was left with personal belongings still inside the room. At around 2PM, we tried to reach your mother’s contact number (written in the registration card) and we got the advise to transfer the items to your other room that was also under your group. But instead of doing that, I advised my staff to upgrade the accommodation of the next occupants of your room without any additional charges so that their standard check-in time would be observed for their convenience and satisfaction. Furthermore, we still kept your room, did the Housekeeping cleaning and waited for your return at around 11PM. Since it was already late in the evening and the key card you have was outdated already (it was programmed Jan. 4 2PM until Jan 5 12NN), that was why door locks did not function when you arrived. I was advised by the Staff that a late check-out charge was being contested and that the room will just be released by the guest. Without any further demands and claims for the loss the Hotel had suffered because of the incident, I approved the release of the room and waived these charges.

We have extended to you and your family our outmost hospitality, in return we expect our guests to follow the Hotel’s policy. We hope to do business with you in the future.

Yours sincerly,

Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Booked one of the casitas, the only wifi connection available is at the resto but was down. The door's double lock in our room was broken, the worst thing was the dirty showers and foul smell emanating from the restroom drain. Plus clogged too! I swear you can get bacteria from the showerhead and handle!
Would have wanted to transfer but it was high occupancy so we just decided to just get it over with.
They have courteous guards and waiters, and clean bedsheets though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Frenchtarragon,

First of all, our sincere apology for whatever inconveniences the condition had caused you. We highly appreciate the effort of bringing up the concerns about your stay with us which has been regarded in our Facilities Improvement Plans for the year. The guarantees of having a running drainage system as well as needed repairs were already acted upon.

It would be our great pleasure to serve you again.

Yours sincerely,

Been to Hotel Dominique? Share your experiences!