“Needs a lot of improvement.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dominique

You added Hotel Dominique to your Saves list
Hotel Dominique
Km. 55 Aguinaldo Hi-way | Brgy. Maitim II East, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Tagaytay
“Needs a lot of improvement.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

At first sight, the place seems alright, the rooms look clean and comfy. After we got settled into our room, we found out that the bed slides, even if you're just sitting down, it would slide and its very frustrating because i couldn't even sit and lean against the headboard as it slides away. I had to take the small table and pin it beetween the wall and the edge of the bed just so the bed wouldn't slide. And the shower, you have to run it for a few minutes just to get the desired temperature. They dont provide slippers so i had to walk on the cold floor after i removed my shoes. I guess they haven't anticipated those small details yet. And about their so called "continental breakfast", a few slices of bread, a banana, spread. Those details tells us that we should get a better hotel next time as this one doesn't think much about their guests.

• Stayed November 2011
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Xmelvzx,

Thank you for this post and we apologize for some inconvenience. Constructive feedback like this is highly appreciated as an opportunity for improvement. You’ll be glad to know that we have implemented the following changes;

•Inclusion of Filipino and American Breakfast in our choices for the complimentary morning menu.
•Replacement of all Floor Protection plastic tips in bed frames/legs with rubber tips.

We are using alternative solar water heating system which has expected heat loss. A close monitoring of the installed circulating pump operation is being done to ensure stability of the system's satisfactory performance level.

The General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

We stayed here last Nov. 19. The place is accessible, easy to identify because of it's unique designs and along the road. Their Cabana room is great, i like the ambiance and space which my kids had fun. Beds are so clean and comfy with blankets and huge TV, got good rest all night. I love they're bathroom, although the hot water takes time. They have a small pool which I wish it would be much bigger. Their staff was so friendly and very accommodating. I'm just a bit disappointed on their breakfast offer.. maybe because what we had is from a promo.. i just wish it was more of a meal rather than a bread and butter and stuff.. i hope they could upgrade that in the future. It would be better if you bring your own groceries as food establishment is quite far, you need to take a jeep/bus if you don't have a private vehicle.

But over all i'm satisfied with my staying in Hotel Dominique.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Makati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I were surprised that we couldn't check into our Superior Room earlier, at 12:00 pm, on a Thursday, since the place was practically deserted. Our room was miniscule. To get hot water, the shower had to be kept running for 10-15 minutes. After 5 minutes, the shower area was already flooded because the drainage wasn't working properly. The shampoo and soap dispenser was almost empty. The bathroom window was stuck, therefore, no exhaust. They charge for verything extra: soap, towel, etc. "Free" breakfast consisted of assorted (3 pieces) bread, butter, marmalade, a banana, coffe or hot choco. They call it "Continental Breakfast".

We were impressed by how the place looked as the compound looked like a townhouse. However, we were turned off once we stepped into our room. We are not going back.

Room Tip: It might be a better idea to get one of the casitas.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Dear “Oyoy”,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept our apologies for some expectations that were not met during your stay. We’ll surely consider your feedback as we continuously improve our facilities and services.
We do hope we can regain your confidence and looking forward to serving you again in one of our Casitas.

Warm Regards!

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

Ok, i'll try to be completely truthful here.
So my mom & i decided to go for a drive sometime last year (can't remember exctly when), we decided to spend the night in tagaytay. I checked tripadvisor for hotel recommendations and i saw hotel dominique's good reviews. Dunno if we just set our expectations too high, but we were really disappointed. I mean, judging from the reviews here, i expected much more. Since everything was just really spontaneous and we're just staying for a night, we booked the standard room. Believe me when i say that it's the smallest hotel room i've seen in my whole life. Ok, so maybe it's not really much of an issue to some since it's in tagaytay and yeah, it's a standard room. BUT, what added to my disappointment was the malfunctioning water heater and the bed bugs. I didn't get to sleep that night due to the itch from their sheets.
On the positive, yes, the ambiance was nice but not spectacularly nice. Food was just ok.
So if you plan to stay here, maybe you'd have a better experience if u stay in one of the bigger rooms or cabanas.

• Stayed November 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Good food, great service, superb architecture, wonderful ambiance!

Room Tip: Snuggle up with your loved ones on a cold day! Bring a jacket.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We checked in last Friday (Sept.30) for one night in this place. The facade looks small but once you get in, you'll be surprised that this is such a big place. They have a pool but the water is so cold, I suggest to install some heater in their pool considering the location of the hotel is in Tagaytay and the weather is cold.

The standard room is good. A queen size bed with a mini Sala. They have personal refrigirator and a small tv. The bathroom is normal, with hot and cold and shower... Although, they can improve their shower since it is only small and only small amount water is going out in the hose.

For the food, they offer the so called free american breakfast. It consists of a basket of breads (1 pc muffin, 2 slices of pesto bread, 2 sliced of banana bread), a choice of juice (Mango flavor taste like Tang Mango juice) or a plate of seasonal fruits (5 small slices of watermelon) and a choice of coffee, tea or hot choco (i love their hot choco!). I was expecting that the free breakfast is buffet so i am somewhat disappointed and I ordered extra food... Corned beef with garlic rice, champorado and scrambled eggs and it cost Php 245 :) For the corned beef, it is not that yummy... I still prefer the corned beef of jollibee :) but it a quite a big serving... For the champorado, it's good... they used cocoa I think or real chocolate powder... It's not the typical ready to mix champorado, so I love it! For the scrambled eggs, it's normal nothing special.

Overall, the place is a great place to stay in Tagaytay and a perfect place to escape and relax :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Tarlac, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I really feel at home and i want to live there for a long time after I got the experience of staying . The place was so great!. Love the warm welcome of the hotel Staff.Overall I would classify my stay at Hotel Dominique as very pleasant, quiet and comfortable. Definitely going back when we plan again at tagaytay :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Dominique? Share your experiences!