This may not be the cheapest hotel around Tagaytay but its one of the new ones so we decided to try this one for an overnight stay. The room was clean and functional, reminds me of budget franchise hotels abroad. We got a corner room and it had a long terrace or balcony connected to it that can be used as your exercise/yoga place. It faces another building structure so basically you don’t get a view from the balcony. But the beds, pillow and comforter/duvet was so comfortable so we had a good night sleep. The room itself was not that big (we got the deluxe twin room) but it was comfortable. The bathroom though was on a small side and others might find it awkward but it was okay. It’s the same size as bathrooms in Hong Kong. There was no hair dryer so if you need one, bring your own. But the room itself has plenty of electric socket (I counted 4) so you can bring all your electronic stuff and plug it in. They also provided bathrobes and slippers.
Location-wise, it was not bad if you have a car. After reaching the intersection/end of Sta. Rosa exit, just turn left and go straight. The hotel is behind a building that houses 7-11 and BPI bank (on the left/driver side) so you won’t miss it.
Checking-in was a breeze. I did my reservation online and they had a reservation fee of Php 350 which will be forfeited if you don’t show up. Not bad. At least it won’t cost that much if you change your mind unlike in other hotels wherein they charge you at least 50% or the whole amount if you don’t show up.
The breakfast buffet was okay. They had hotdogs, tocino, fried bangus fillet, omelet, corned beef, fruits and cereals. I love their coffee. The breakfast place is in front or in the lobby.
Swimming pool was on the small side. Not worth using if you are not alone or if there are more than 4 of you. It’s located at the top of the building so you have privacy there. However, because its so small, I guess you need to use it before anybody else.
I like my stay here because the hotel was new and comfortable. I say its “almost” worth its price because I was not able to use the swimming pool and I always consider my stay in hotel as “worth it” if I am able to use some of its extra facilities. On this case, we only slept and had our breakfast. But the stay was comfortable. If the price (we paid Php 3.9k) for a basic room (two beds) is within your budget, consider staying in this hotel as it doesn’t have the “old and tired” feeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tagaytay – the perfect weekend getaway for people living and working in Metro Manila with only a 1½ hour ride via South Luzon Expressway (SLEX).When it comes to hotel accommodation options, One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites offers all the best qualities of a deluxe hotel with its cozy and tastefully designed Deluxe Rooms, One-bedroom Suites and Penthouse Premier Suites. “We use quality 300-thread count linen for a relaxing stay in our guestrooms,” said Mr. Ruben Alcoriza, General Manager of One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites. “Couples, families, as well as business and social functions, appreciate the comfort that our cozy hotel rooms and facilities provide, especially that we’re located on the Tagaytay-Calamba Road and on the quiet side of Tagaytay.” The elegant and spacious Penthouse Premier Suites (bookable via phone reservation only) provide full-scale accommodations with enviable views of the Tagaytay mountain landscape and stunning scenery of Taal Lake. Ideal for family and group getaways are the “Avant” 3-bedroom suite and “Allure” suite, which are also regularly used as a bridal suite for the hotel’s wedding clients. “We offer customizable and affordable wedding reception packages that offers the same level of quality cuisine as that of our very own Azalea Restaurant,” said Mr. Alcoriza. Indeed, One Tagaytay Place is an ideal destination to unwind and celebrate with guests after a memorable exchange of marriage vows.One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites is a preferred venue for business and social functions with its value-added packages offerings. “For professionals who want to hold conferences and seminars with privacy and convenience in mind, the hotel has varying sizes of seminar rooms and a grand ballroom that can hold 200 people,” Francisco added. “In fact, the elegant Aurora Grand Ballroom, is a popular venue for wedding receptions and social events.”Completing the hotel is a spread of amenities such as a the O’Spa, Azalea Restaurant which serves its signature bulalo and Tawilis Pizza, a sports bar, fitness center, business center, art gallery, and a swimming pool on the 9th Lower Penthouse floor overlooking Tagaytay City. A convenience store and a Rowena’s Tarts branch can also be found in the hotel premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One Tagaytay Place Hotel Tagaytay
- 1 Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites