“Good price in a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites

Save Saved
You added One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites to your Saves list
One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   445 Tagaytay-Calamba Road | Barrio Sungay, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Tagaytay
Boracay, Philippines
“Good price in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

During my stay I had spoken to the GM Ruben a good man that was very helpful. He runs a good operation and the rooms each have a kitchenette . The foods where good and good value. The wifi needs to be better and Ruben had said that he is working on it. So I hope it's done in my next visit

• Stayed November 2012
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Ms. Valinda,

Thank you for your time in sending as a note on your last stay visit with us.We always value this comments as these are being used to assess our performance and for improving the services we offer to our clients.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the food and the value for your money is worth it.

Regarding the internet, we have made some advances in it by using the latest technology offered by a big telephone company and add more routers in the hallways.We will be happy to assist you with regards to this issue next time you visit us.

Thank you once again and looking forward to serve you

Ruben Alcoriza,

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 7th anniversary in this hotel. My husband's romantic surprise was backed-up with the cool ambience of Tagaytay, delicious food from the hotel's restaurant (I think it's Azalea, if I'm not mistaken) and of course, the lovely room that was given to us (we stayed in a 1 Bedroom Suite with view of Taal Lake). My husband had the hotel staff prepared for a flower bouquet. They really supported my husband's "top secret"! The staff in the reception area are nice and accommodating. We also had a relaxing and soothing massage for one hour at the spa. We also requested for extra blanket (since I don't want heavy duvets) without the extra charge and was given to us right away! Such an efficient service! Our stay at this hotel was really wonderful! We will definitely be back to celebrate our coming anniversaries! Thank you One Tagaytay Place!

Room Tip: Reserve for 1 Bedroom Suite which has a separate master's bedroom
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Marfori,

We would like to thank you for your stay with One Tagaytay Place Hotel and Suites and for celebrating your anniversary celebration in our Hotel.The management is so happy to hear that all the special arrangements were done and according to both of your wishes.

The hotel is so glad that you have enjoyed the food at our Azalea Restaurant and you are satisfied with our one bedroom Suite facing Taal Lake and that the"top secret "arrangement were carried on.

The Hotel management wish to thank you again for your patronage and looking forward for your future visit.

Cabanatuan City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed and celebrated our anniversary at One tagaytay place hotel suites last march 15, 2013 . We stayed in a One Bedroom Suite, the room is not that spacious as expected but it's clean and well ventilated, the linens smell good and soft...very peaceful...What really makes my stay unforgetable in One tagaytay are thier honest employees, very accommodating . I left my pouched bag in our room upon check out , after 15 minutes someone in hotel called us and informed me that I left my pouched bag ..I'm so happy because the jewelries which has sentimental value and the dollars still complete. Keep up the good work One tagaytay Place Hotel. I will recommend your hotel to all my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Try their penthouse room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your time in writing this valuable review which definitely is very helpful in identifying our service standards.This will be used in assessing our future plans and improvements.

We are so happy to hear that the services and facilities is according to your satisfaction and most importantly that you were able to get back the pouch which you left in your room that contains your jewelry of sentimental value and the Dollars still intact.

Again we wish to thank you for your valued stay and looking forward to serve you in your next visit.

Respectfully Yours,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

(Another late review) We were in this hotel around June 2012, only for an overnight stay. We had a great time during our stay here, my daughter and my nephew practically enjoyed the pool (they just stayed there for the most part since it was just an overnight stay anyway). The room was nice, bed very comfortable. Clean sheets/linens/towels. Breakfast was also great, we had ours quite early because the kids want to hit the pool again before we check out and drive around Tagaytay, so the food were freshly cooked. We’ve no complaints, we got what we were looking for – to relax. One thing I noticed though that were pretty much mentioned a few times by a lot of guests who contributed their reviews (on here), the people at the reception could really use some “SMILE” and make the guests feel welcomed. But it isn’t worthy to let their faces ruin your stay, so for me, it was a pleasant stay in general.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hi "Des Tamps"

I'm so happy to hear that your last stay sometimes in June last year at our Hotel was a pleasant one and that you liked our rooms,the beds were comfortable,the linens,sheets and towel were clean and you have enjoyed the freshly cooked breakfast we are offering.It's a good feeling to hear from your end your good experience about us.

It's also sad to know that the smiling service was not present at the reception .We are continuously addressing this issue and looking up to gain a positive outcome.

We are thankful for taking your precious time in writing us a line about your experience at One Tagaytay Place Hotel.

Looking forward to serve you again.

Sincerely yours,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I shouldn't have ignored the "signs" that unfolded in our eyes from the moment we checked in till we checked out. Hadn't there been a family emergency that we needed to attend to I would have complained to high heavens before we left that hotel (?). I think I am partly to blame because I chose to stay there after our first choice in Tagaytay was already fully booked that day. I urged my husband to get a room here because we had a fine experience here when we first checked in 3 years ago. The service was better, even the Hotel Manager or General Manager at that time was very visible at the lobby, we even had a conversation before. He even asked how was our stay etc..We felt taken care of. The front desk staff at that time were also very courteous and friendly too. The rooms were not perfect but it was ok. Rooms are small but we can manage. It was ok because we knew we got good service anyway. Fast-forward to 2013, and one of the biggest mistakes in my "travel history" is to stay here. Oh everything deteriorated! I wonder if they changed their management because the decline in all aspects were so evident! The front desk agents are very unfriendly and unprofessional. Not even smiling! No proper greeting, na-da. The food/restaurant: Horrible. Like there was no effort at all to serve food that's palatable. The buffet table is dirty, lots of food spill and nobody is attending to it. If three years ago, we were greeted by a very friendly manager, this time it was the opposite. Amidst all the mess and noise in the cafe, there was a manager all right a different one..but he was part of the commotion and he was joking around with the female staff! How cheap and unprofessional is that?! Hadn't he gone missing after that I would have approached him after asking one of the staff who he was because I wanted to complain about the buffet table and their noise. Now we get to the rooms, ok 2013, we have a room that smelled like molds.The bathroom smelled funny. The bedsheets were damp. You see we checked in late so we don't have a choice but to sleep there because it would be totally an inconvenience to us and my daughter was already sleepy so we had to bear the night. When I called housekeeping for a replacement of the sheets it took so long before anyone would answer. I lost my patience and called the front desk to change rooms. No rooms available according to this agent. My husband advised that we rest because it was a long day. My daughter was sneezing and coughing while we were in the room. She said it must be just a common cold. The next morning, we had an urgent call due to a family emergency so we had to check out early. My daughter was also feeling sick, sneezing and coughing.. I wanted to speak to a manager to air my sentiments. The front desk staff was beating around the bush and saying all sorts of things there was no available manager etc. I even asked whoever is available at that time. Guess what, no manager wanted to talk to me. If it wasn't for the time and situation, I would have insisted to speak to a manager or supervisor. My daughter got sick for a week after staying in this hotel (?) she never had asthma or allergies. But according to the doctor, molds triggered it. So to the owners of this hotel, sanitize your rooms! Retrain your staff and Managers especially the ones in charge of operations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hi "Stilettos"

Greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel and Suites.

We are sorry for the late response.I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced with us on your last stay compared with your previous visit. It was an eye opener to look deeply into those inconsistencies and as a guide for retraining of our staff.Rest
assured this will be looked into personally by myself and will do the necessary action.

The hotel is deeply saddened upon hearing your daughter got sick because of the molds that you experienced in our rooms. I know that no amount of argument can solve this issue but to rectify and act swiftly.I would personally want to attend to your needs next time you stay with us.

Truly, I want to apologize for the inconveniences we have caused.

Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

1) During check-in: Front desk staff were not friendly. As if smile will cost them much!
2) Room - Bed linens were not fresh. Bathroom had a bad smell, shower curtain stinks.
3) During dinner - meat was not tender
4) During breakfast - staff should check first the inclusion of what the guest has paid for before telling their guests that they will charge them for any service or bfst. Always check and double check, if you re still uncertain - triple check. It wouldn't hurt you guys if u do this. Loud music is not necessary during bfst. Humming and singing staff service staff are very unprofessional
5) Check-out - When booking is made thru a travel agency FO staff should not ask for a copy of deposit slip from guest, this is confidential between hotel and TA
This hotel needs to re-train their staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Zyra,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the negative points you have experienced with us.This will greatly help us in improving our standards and to avoid the recurrence of the same for future guests.

Rest assured the matter will be looked into from Front Office reception and check out to Food and Beverage areas handling of you amenities and specially the food quality and offer.

I will be more than willing and happy to assist you in your future visits.Please don't hesitate to send me a line.

We are very sorry for the sad experience and hoping this will not deter you to try us next time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was our 2nd time to spend our anniversary at One Tagaytay Place.. This was really our first choice to celebrate this year even if we already tried a year ago... Maybe because our first time to stay was really great but not for one thing... The first time we booked a room was also a deluxe room but the first time we had a twin bed so we we're really disappointed as a couple we really don't need a twin bed and what we had yesterday was with a queen bed, somehow small but will do.... we're really happy for what we had yesterday.. thanks to the staff who prepared our room... 'that was the best.. kudos to the hotel staff... and for the front desk staff on duty ( i haven't had the chance to get her name) for allowing us to stay until 1:00PM today (as a hotelier, they we're really strict for the LCO) i believe maximum is 2:00pm but anyway thank u i had a chance to have a good room service massage at O SPA.. i really loved it..

Breakfast...
we expected that they will still served buffet for bfast.. to our surprise it wasn't buffet.. (so bad coz as wat i have experieced with our last stay that was really a good one... What we had for breakfast earlier was a SET BFAST... but i can say it was good too.. especially, the HOT CHOCOLATE...

ALL-IN-ALL:
I would definitely come back.. =)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites? Share your experiences!