“One Fine Day...really!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites

You added One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites to your Saves list
One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   445 Tagaytay-Calamba Road | Barrio Sungay, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Tagaytay
manila
“One Fine Day...really!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We just came from One Tagaytay Place. We had a good time and as always, i am inspired to write a review. We came in at around 130pm, since we're ahead of time, we were advised by the FO attendant to wait for 2pm scheduled check in..i said okay and asked for the WIFI code (to which the attendant readily complied). By 2pm i again approached the front desk and asked if we can go to our room...( we traveled from Bulacan to Taal to Tagaytay and I'm kind of tired already plus my head is aching so badly that i really really need to go to our room and rest). To my disappointment, the guy from the desk informed me that the room is not yet ready...okay, said i..i can still wait for another minute or so. 20 minutes has lapsed and still, the room is unavailable...that was when my patience started to get the best of me..what made me more impatient was when this couple, whom arrived minutes after us got their room and there we are still waiting...i was so pissed i approached the front desk and demanded for our room. In fairness to this guy, i saw him running and calling the Housekeeping department just to follow up...after 30 minutes, they were able to relocate us into a different room ( a couple of room from where we are supposedly checked in- and yes, they were still cleaning it when we check it). After a few minutes, i got a call from FO apologizing for the check in mixed up and informed me that we can stay until 3pm instead of the usual 12pm check out time...that was not actually necessary (we need to be in Manila by that time so we really have to check out at 12) but the gesture is very much appreciated..at least i know they're serious about customer service.
Okay, the room is excellent!good enough for me, my husband and my daughter. Big bed, flat screen tv, veranda, complete set of amenities, hot and cold shower- perfect!
The food at Azalea for dinner and lunch are also good. The waiters were very attentive and their in house singer-superb!..even sang my daughter's favorite song by justine bieber (hehe). Breakfast buffet has a lot of choices...i so loved their danggit!. The pool area has an excellent view because it is located on the 9th floor...but we did not dare dip into it because it's so cold and windy up there!..oh yeah..some said the parking is a challenge..well i think they've addressed that issue already..they now have big parking space and in fact, we can see our car from our veranda.
What started as a little misunderstanding during check in did not hamper the way we enjoyed our stay in One Tagaytay Place...they have their way of making the guest feel that they are serious about making their stay a really fine one. Kudos to them!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
dear charmedjinx,

thank you so much for taking time to post your review on tripadvisor.com. we appreciate everything you said about us. as a rule i always check with our front desk status of rooms and check-ins. it was then that i was made aware of your situation and upon the recommendation of my front office team, inform you of the late check-out and to make sure that the duration of your stay would be hassle free. nevertheless, in behalf of my team our apologies for the late check-in. i hope that we see you again in the near future. i would like to host dinner for you, your hubby, and your daughter on your next visit. for that matter please do not hesitate to contact me directly. my name is karl velhagen and i am the general manager. my email addy is gm@onetagaytayplace.com. all the best and warmest regards! karl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

stayed in one tagaytay last april 3-5, with my boyfriend for a quick getaway and to relax. Actually, I stayed here before when they were very new...was quite surprised because they did a lot of improvements. They already had a pool and I checked it out. Seems good and private.. just didn't have enough time to swim, room was cozy so stayed in the room most of the time. They had improved their parking, they had an open space already which was not so steep to go down too...Nice surprise...breakfast was good, included in the room price enough to fill you in for the whole day..anyway check out the rates for sundays to thursday, this will run on till dec. very cheap, 2999 for room and breakfast, brillant sales thing for one tagaytay..no wonder they are no.1 for trip advisor.Check out the spa facilities...nice ambience, they have a couples room as well . In short , I see one tagaytay as a cozy hotel with all the ammenities and for the price...its a catch. It dosen't overlook the taal lake but so what? it is something else.........cozy, modern and friendly........

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
thank you so much nuk45 for your very nice and wonderful review of one tagaytay place hotel suites! in the future do not hesitate to contact me directly. my email address is gm@onetagaytayplace.com. i would be honored to meet you and host lunch or dinner for you for 2. respectfully, karl velhagen, general manager
quezon city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

their website clearly stated that for anyday promo on deluxe room, the price including taxes and fees is P5777 for three pax with breakfast....their standard rate for 2 pax with breakfast 4985 and for 3 pax 6185 with breakfast including all taxes and fees
then when i called them to confirm my reservation , they told me that an additional of 1200 shall be added for the 3rd person with breakfast...total cost for one room with 3 pax would be 6977....
what's the point of having a promo if the total price would exceed their stated price per room?????
i checked their website again.. and i found out that they CHANGED the price per room...luckily i've saved the original room reservation rate when i made the reservation...
they answered my queries through e=mails promptly but i'm not satisfied with the way they handled the situation...
they even gave me their landline that nobody answered..it continuously rang until it went dead... i called morning, afternoon...same thing no answer..
i checked on their website to look for other contact numbers and this time somebody answered and i told her the problem, she called on their manager, Charles, who assured me that he'll ask their main office first thing in the morning Monday...he would call me on Monday, he promised...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
greetings! at time of this writing records show that your reservation with us has already been properly sorted out by our staff, erica in particular. looking forward to meeting with you. again thank you for your comment "...its nice to know that you are really committed to serve your clients well. thank you and....". this is very encouraging. karl
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I was impressed by the size of the penthouse units which even included a separate room and bath for the help. The service was excellent with the staff ready to help at all times. The location of the hotel was accessible many interesting spots in Tagaytay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Our Mama celebrated her 80th birthday recently. She just wanted to have a simple celebration and quality time with family. One Tagaytay Place was simply perfect for her wishes. The penthouse and a proximal suite accommodated everybody; it even included enough space for "family bonding". The room service & concierge personnel were very efficient, warm & friendly from the youngest member of our family to the oldest...the birthday celebrant. Each of us there will surely remember this one great family getaway!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

When I was searching for hotels to stay in Tagaytay, One Tagaytay Place has crossed my mind as I checked the reviews. The reviews were good and I actually had satisfied friends who stayed in the hotel.

I thought I was going to have the same experience. I was wrong. I had several blunders from the hotel’s sales coordinators regarding the booking:
1. JANUARY 12 & 13: I e-mailed twice to ask to inquire. I got no reply.
2. When I was able to reserve via phone, I gave my e-mail address but no one e-mailed the account details.
3. FEBRUARY 10: When I called again and the account details were e-mailed, the employee did not put the bank name. So how was I supposed to deposit? I replied to ask the bank name but got no reply.
4. FEBRUARY 15: The account details that were sent to me were wrong as I called again several days after to ask the account details. The one that I spoke to told me the correct account details.
5. FEBRUARY 17: I called two days before my stay to confirm that I deposited and that I don’t have a fax machine.
6. FEBRUARY 18: I called a day again to ask if there are any rooms available and the one that I spoke to was not customer friendly and demanded that I fax the deposit slip. I explained to her that I called the day before and said that I don’t have a fax machine. Anyway, I just sent the deposit slip via e-mail.

So finally, we arrived at the hotel and checked-in at 3pm. We all wanted to relax when we went to our room. When we got in, I noticed that the 2 extra beds were not set up. We paid for additional 2 persons. We called twice and I think the beds were prepared after more than hour of calling them.

When you also talk to sales coordinators on the phone, you can hear background noises, which I think is improper for a service provider.

The parking is not nice at all. I think it it too small and they did not make 2 ways for entrance and exit purposes.

The only thing that we liked is the SPA. It was great. The pool was nice too but I wouldn't swim in cold water. It was so cold. I'll just get sick. We were not able to taste their food since we went to restaurants most of the time. We just needed a relaxing place to stay. If it were not for the blunders that the sales coordinators made, I could have rated One Tagaytay Place a little higher but clearly, they have bad service. I will probably stay again in the same hotel if I don’t have any other choice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
dear ma'am,

at the time of this writing we have already acted on your major concerns regarding our customer service. again our sincerest apologies! nevertheless, it is gratifying to know that inspite of this you have expressed desire to return with your family. this we very much appreciate. our front office manager has been in touch with you and is keeping me posted on your status. we very much look forward to being of service to you and letting you experience the true meaning of service here at one tagaytay place hotel suites.

respectfully,

karl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

we stayed for one night only as main purpose of our stay was just to sleep over prior to an early morning wedding the following day. we checked in around 10:30pm and my comments are all below:

cons:
1) while we understand that the since it was late there wouldn't be many people checking in ergo less front desk staff, we were still made to wait around 15mins by the sole front desk agent while he attended to the korean guest who was discussing with him their requirements/schedule for the next day and which was obviously going to take more than 15mins. if we hadn't gotten mad they would've gone on and on and made us wait. it would have been better if he excused himself with his korean guest to give us a few minutes. mind you, our check-in process was finished in 5mins!

2) the bathroom was small that it was a bit of a tight squeeze inside. nope, you can't brush your teeth at the same time as the bathroom would get crowded. also, for a 1-bedroom suite i can't believe they don't have a bathtub.

3) we stayed in the 3rd floor (we had requested for a room at the upper floors to avoid hearing noise from the streets but was not granted our request) and you can hear the tricycles/motorcycles as they pass through even at night. good thing we were dead tired and slept like the dead.

4) bed was too short! the bed was only about 5"7 long (height of my boyfriend). so i can just imagine my brother (who's 6 feet tall) complaining endlessly should he stay at this hotel.

5) we requested for a room with a balcony (even a small one) as we were smokers. while we were given a balcony to step outside was a real trial (ask my boyfriend and you'll never hear the end of it!). we couldn' understand why you'd place some sort of japanese/korean style curtains/blinds that go up and down instead of sideways when you know that there's a sliding door right behind it. worst of all, if you draw the curtains/blinds up there's no latch or something to hold the blinds/curtains up! WTF?! my bf had to be resourceful and ingenious to figure a way to make the curtains/blinds hold (he ended up tying the string that draws the damned shade up to the railing of the balcony)...unbelievable!

6) while there were 2 TVs in the room, the reception of the one inside the bedroom was really bad (fuzzy) compared to the one in the living/dining area. so if you wanted to lay in bed and watch TV forget it!

7) driveway to the parking was impossibly narrow. whoever designed the building surely must have thought of parking as an afterthought as the driveway leading to the parking was not well-thought of and designed. my boyfriend and i are fairly good drivers and we sure do know how to squeeze our car in tight spots (that's what you learn when you study in la salle) but man oh man, we had to maneouver our car a couple of times just to enter the basement parking!

pros:
1) there was a coffee maker with free coffee, cream and sugar sachets in the room as well as a microwave oven and refrigerator.
2) breakfast was okay, not much variety but taste was okay.

so to the question of whether we'll stay here again or not....most likely not.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites? Share your experiences!