“I want to Rave about it, but I honestly can't.... :(” 2 of 5 stars
Review of MC Mountain Home Apartelle

You added MC Mountain Home Apartelle to your Saves list
MC Mountain Home Apartelle
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Km. 68.9 Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway | Buck Estate, Alfonso, Tagaytay, Luzon 4123, Philippines   |
Ranked #37 of 79 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“I want to Rave about it, but I honestly can't.... :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Let me start off by confirming that this inn is a very good choice if you're looking for a decent and affordable place to stay for the night in Tagaytay/Batangas.. The place itself is near Caleruega chapel so it's very ideal for those attending a wedding. Plus Sonya's Garden is just right at the corner.. And I have nothing but praises for the hotel staff most especially the owner Ms. Adora, who was very accommodating right from the start.

My husband and I stayed there for a night last July just as a mini-getaway to revisit Caleruega where we got married not too long ago, as well as our reception venue near the area. We thought it was nice to stay for the night so we could take our time, and so we just needed a clean hotel, nothing too expensive nor extravagant. MC Mountain's rates fit right into our budget, and Ms. Adora was very kind enough to even give us dicounts. She even suggested the Sunset view room instead of the Taal view room since she said it has better view and a favorite among the hotel guests. So we took her advice.

When we got to the hotel, the staff was pleasant and brought us to our room (rm103). Now I don't know why, but the room disappointed us both BIG time upon entering. To be frank, it was really small considering we got one of their best rooms (their Sunset View and Taal View rooms are the most expensive ones), which was why I can't even imagine how big the Standard rooms are. The bed though is HUGE, i will give them that; it practically occupies half the room. There was a tv with cable, a small bedside cabinet, a dvd player, and a small ref (which was worn out and slightly dirty inside you wouldn't dare put any food inside, so dirty!). There was no table inside the room, but there was a plywood-like table at the balcony which was really dusty/dirty (i'm not sure if that was supposed to be inside our room). The balcony, which is supposed to be the room's saving glory, had lots of leaves and mini-trash lying around, absolutely horrific you wouldn't want to stay and sit outside specially since the two chairs were dirty as well. The whole balcony looked like it wasn't cleaned at all before we checked in. You couldn't touch the curtains unless you're ok with getting your hands dirty; they look like they haven't been washed in a long time.. My husband most especially hated the shower curtain; absolutely grimy :( I personally noticed the lack of a small trash bin in the room, though there's one inside the restroom. Sink/shower was working normally though. And the closet is good enough for our stuffs. They did provide two towels for us. Breakfast was alright, nothing special but filling. I love their coffee though; authentic Kapeng Barako.

At least the view was nice though it was mostly plants, etc... Let me also note how surprised I was with the restaurant; I didn't even notice that it was the one right at the Reception Lobby! I thought they were just bunch of chairs/tables for the lobby area; I didn't know it was alreayd THE restaurant. I only found out the next morning when we were going to have our breakfast. Plus I don't know if the free wifi is simply not working on my Blackberry or what, but we could not detect a network even with the help of the staff.

All in all, I really would like to come back to this inn coz I could see that it IS a decent one with friendly staff and really hospitable owners. It wasn't like the place stink or was horrific. But unless the management sees to the housekeeping and cleanliness of the rooms (most specifically the balcony), more and more guests might go home disappointed. And perhaps it would be best to replace some of the worn-out appliances such as the refrigerator, and make sure the curtains get regularly washed. It's the little things that matter.

Let me just emphasize once again how lovely the owner Ms. Adora is, and I feel bad that I had to point out such negativities in the hotel. But sometimes you just have to give negative but honest opinions for the establishment's good. I hope this will be a motivation for improvement. Goodluck and more power!

Room Tip: try to see the other rooms first, we did though they were a little worse than what we originally had...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
adoramcmountain, Owner at MC Mountain Home Apartelle, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
I highly appreciate your comments . We apologize for any inconveniences that you have experienced. I shall do my best to double time on housekeeping supervision and making sure everything is fine and clean.

Your constructive comments will surely help us to improve our service

Thank you for sharing about your stay.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
glorietta, makati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Good: real queen size bed, has ample closet space, room has wide enough table where you can place a large duffel bag on and still have space for other stuff, has massage chair avail free for guests, has wide and bright hall with seating area outside the rooms. bed was neither too soft or too hard

Bad: light in the room is too dim. ok for romantic setup but bad for reading. you can do your reading outside the bright and wide hall outside your room.

Worst: the pillows smell stuffy

Other observations: They only serve breakfast food, except for chicken adobo. eat out or stock-up/takeout food to bring if you just plan to stay-in. YelloCab pizza delivers to them but for minimum order worth Php 1,000. There's a tricycle queue a few steps away that can bring you to Sonya's Garden.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Bacolod, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have always been an avid traveler and TA contributor for quite some time now and Ive been to alot of hotels and resorts around asia and especially the philippines, both high end and budget, so for this tagaytay trip, it was budget themed this time, and I wanted to see what accomodations I can get that will give me the most bang for my buck, so my review for this hotel ill just keep it short and to the point

Date of Trip: July 15-17 2011

PROS:
1. Wallet Friendly prices, they will be more than happy to give you rate discounts the more rooms you get
2.Considerate, some hotels give your room to other guests if your late for 2-3 hours, especially if their running out of rooms, but this hotel was kind enough to hold it for me even though I was late for more than 5 hours, well, no surprise since its I believe low peak seasons, but the gesture was admirable
3.Fast Check in and Check out
4. Friendly Staff
5. Free WIFI in the room
6. Clean Rooms and BIG BEDS!
7. Free use of Massage chair and Foot massager ( Bring your own adapter extension)
8. hot and cold Water Dispenser near our rooms

CONS:

1. No complimentary Toiletries in the bathroom (soap, shampoo, toothpaste or toothbrush) its a good thing that I always bring my own personal hygiene gear with me

2. Room 101s bath room sink had a leak that seeped into the floor of the room that everytime you stepped on the floor just next to the door, little squirts of water flow out, a bit dangerous since seniors were staying in that room, so Im hoping the staff are already looking into this, because one of my aunts, slipped a couple of times in said area

3. Cable issues , RM 101 along with our other rooms 102, and 103, where not getting any cable signal, just local channels not to mention RM 101 and 102's TV reception was very very fuzzy, it was not a real big deal for me since we did not go all the way to tagaytay to just watch tv, but it could be an issue with some other guests in the future so maybe the staff could look into this as well

4. Water pressure - using the shower was a bit pointless since the flow was not strong enough to get a good shower, also dont flush the toilet if your planning to take a shower after, since the water pressure is going to get even weaker, its a good thing that as a filipino I can adjust and use the water bucket instead to take a bath, but for others especially foreigners who take things like this really seriously, the staff might want to take a look into this as well

Things to know:
1. if your planning on parking at the back make sure your not a hesitant driver, since its extremely steep going down and up
2. Food is a bit pricey around 150+ - 190+ for breakfast meals, so i guess its ok if you dont want to make the trip to other restaurants since convenience stores, and most fast food restos, are a couple of minutes drive away
3. Friendly Labrador roams around the place, made my stay all the more enjoyable
4. Very Near Sonyas (very well known resto in tagaytay, MAKE RESERVATIONS in advance since they are most of the time fully booked, especially lunch time)
5. if your planning on going to the PALACE in the sky, do it in the morning or early noon, since they close, i believe around 6pm
6. This hotel is a bit far from the main attractions and the hustle and bustle of tagaytay night life, which makes it peaceful but prepared to make the trip if your craving to go on a night out
7.FYI for all of you. the place is borderline batangas and not in the middle of tagaytay itself, since we saw the Thank you come again arch while we were heading to Mc mountain

But all in all, a very good place, will likely come back in the near future

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
adoramcmountain, Owner at MC Mountain Home Apartelle, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your comments on pros and cons. We shall handle your comments to improve our service and housekeeping.

More blessings to you for taking time to send a review and to share about your stay to other travellers here on Tripadvisor.

Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

First time to stay overnight in tagaytay.

The location was perfect for me and my boyfriend as the place is both far enough from crowded places in Tagaytay if you want peace and quiet but still manageably near enough commercial establishments in Tagaytay if you suddenly decide to go out to have dinner or go sightseeing.

Very cozy atmosphere and friendly staff.

The bed is great. Biggest one I have seen in a hotel. Gives two people enough room to not disturb each other when shifting or tossing and turning in the middle of the night. Noteworthy is the quilt on it as most hotels just put sheets on top of one another to make a thicker blanket.

Ideal place to go to for a romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
adoramcmountain, Manager at MC Mountain Home Apartelle, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Dear Chalk ,
Thank you for your very kind review about your stay at MC Mountain .
It has been a great pleasure to serve you .

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

The rooms are okay. Price is a bit high, but Tagaytay is anyway expensive. The hotel is a bit remote and you need to get the bus to go the bar, restaurant or supermarket.

Owners are very friendly and made our stay very comfortable. They joined us during breakfast and we talked about everything for over an hour.

• Stayed December 2010
Quezon City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

MC Mountain Home Apartelle is the best bet to stay when you're in Tagaytay and on a tight budget. The place is homey enough for a good and relaxing stay. At a rate of Php 1, 900, we were surprised upon seeing the King-Sized bed in our room. I especially love their comforter. ^_^ Their Standard Room, as expected, is not that big, but they do have a closet. It's quite disappointing that they don't have cable channels (I don't know if it's just in our room) and TV signal is not that good. Bathroom in our room is not too squeaky clean but it's tolerable. At least they have cold and hot water in the shower. =D They have complimentary soap, shampoos and toothpaste but no bottled water so you might want to purchase one outside, or if your stomach is not sensitive, you can just ask one from the receptionist. These are just some of the improvements that I wish to see on my next visit. =)

With regard to their food, there's really nothing special with their breakfast. The usual tocilog, tapsilog, etc. One downside of staying in MC Mountain is that it's far from Tagaytay's scenic spots like the Picnic Grove, Palace in the Sky and the like. But good news is, it's very near the ever famous Sonya's Garden, Caleruega Church, Antonio's and Bag of Beans. There are no convenience stores near the area so better buy what you need when you are in Olivarez . Jeepney or bus ride from MC Mountain to Olivarez and vice versa is approximately 10-15 minutes.

Continue reading my review here---> http://reviewmanila.blogspot.com/2010/11/mc-mountain-home-apartelle.html

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Honeymooners? Relaxation? Far from crowded place? Now... I will suggest to stay in this apartelle :) The staffs are friendly especially the owners. They are serving a nice breakfast food.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to MC Mountain Home Apartelle? Share your experiences!