“Our 1st Tagaytay Escapade” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tagaytay Country Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tagaytay Country Hotel to your Saves list
Tagaytay Country Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Olivarez Plaza, E. Aguinaldo Hi-Way Hi-way, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines   |
Ranked #13 of 20 hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“Our 1st Tagaytay Escapade”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here with hubby on our 2nd day visit to Tagaytay. Got a voucher from ensogo that includes breakfast, dinner and 45min massage for 2. What I liked about this hotel are their service. Hotel staffs were all polite and attentive. Room, food and massage are all okay for both myself and hubby. The location of this hotel looks great. Walking distance from 7-11 and other fast food chains as well as bus going to back to Manila.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my bf last Aug31-Sept1. We use the voucher we bought from ensogo. I can say that our overall stay is quite reasonable considering its price. I love the paintings hanging around the lobby. The staff are very accomodating and nice. The room however is quite small and I think needs renovation since its quite outdated. I enjoyed our stay in the pool area. I just hope they clean this everyday before 8am than wait for guest's request to clean it. Quite disappointed with that. I love the food served at Kubo Restaurant, and the restaurant itself is so cozy. Same with Country Cafe. The voucher we bought includes spa at La Costa which we enjoyed also. Overall experience with this hotel is ok. Worth the discounted voucher we bought. But to avail with regular price? Should think twice.

• Stayed August 2013
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We got the room through a voucher (ensogo), which just like the previous commentator described as "cheap". She was also right regarding the bed which is composed of two single beds. The worse part is that the beds did not even have the same height, so it was really difficult for me and my wife. Though the staff were very friendly and accommodating, the total experience wouldn't still be considered as good. I guess,it's either we just really had some high expectations regarding the hotel, or we didn't research that much about it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Well maybe since we do reservation with a voucher that's quite cheap so they give us service that equals the price we pay too. We we're checked-in in a very small room, though it was said to the voucher that it was a SUPERIOR DOUBLE ROOM, the room was like use as an office before as it has a clear glass window through the hallway of the hotel, it was just being covered by a curtain and a cabinet inside the room that you can't even use because it has no knob. The bed? It's a combined two single beds and covered by a large bedsheet. Together in our payment were complimentary dinner, breakfast and 45mins body massage. I enjoy the massage, they serve dinner at their kubo restaurant, thats has comfy sofa to sit and a very large round table, the food wasn't that bad but not that good also, and took us long minutes if waiting. Same with breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
Makati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This two storey hotel is located about 200m from the main road of Emelio. Aguinaldo Highway. It takes a short walk to reach the hotel from the main road after alighting from the bus. There were lots of pedicabs waiting for customers at the pedicab terminal so transportation is not a problem. I booked for two nights and arrived at 09 a.m but the front office staff was gracious enough for me to check in early. I was placed in a room on the ground floor facing the construction site where a new condo is being built. The room was very spacious but the amenities in the room were worn out and needs attention. I paid US$95/- per night taxes included and this is definitely not value for money. The curtains cannot keep out the sunlight. There were no complimentary drinking water provided in the room.The aircon is noisy. The breakfast offered was rice and scrambled eggs and sausages. I expected something better with a choice of eggs to order. The staff were very courteous and friendly and that makes up for the quality. Personally, I find it rather uncomfortable staying there and check out one day earlier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CAVITE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel many times since 2005 and lately this may but just now took some time to write a review here.Altogether this hotel is still a nice experience. It has this atmosphere of past glory that is quite funny for anyone sensitive for it and the meals offered are really nice and fairly priced when it is on promo . Also the room prices are fair although I have seen more modern rooms in Tagaytay area at similar price levels. It is advisable to book ahead as the hotel is a popular location for all kind of functions and fills up sometimes quickly ahead of time.
The location of the hotel on Olivarez Plaza which very much accesible to all shopping destinatios and is not bad. The nearby area with shops, the crossings tiangge and some restaurant and the outgoin district on a bit further walk can provide in some needs though.
I never tried the swimming pool but i noticed some locals having lots of fun there with their kids.
I almost forgot to mention one really nice thing about this hotel: every room, even the cheapest one, has a nice desk and its own fridge :)

Room Tip: Rooms at the rightmost of their second floor have less noise.