“Nurture yourself here in this oasis of rest, health and vigor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nurture Wellness Village

You added Nurture Wellness Village to your Saves list
Nurture Wellness Village
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   Pulong Sagingan, Barangay Maitim II West | Cavite, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Tagaytay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Nurture yourself here in this oasis of rest, health and vigor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

The five days four nights I've spent there in Nurture Spa were some of the most restful and invigorating times I can remember. The care and attention paid to the smallest details of renewal are a testament to the dedicated contouring of owners Ate Cathy and Kuya Mike--implemented skillfully by a staff united in purpose.
There is a shuttle service to and from the spa; I was fortunate enough to be treated to personalized pickup by Ate Cathy. On the drive up, together we assessed my personal goals and level of dedication to completing the programs, namely Stress Buster and Weight Loss. When we arrived at the spa, we were greeted with an enthusiastic welcome ceremony, where I met Sir Robin, head of the spa, Oscar my program director, Miss Rizza, my guest liason, Miss May my nurse, Querobe and Ferri, my residence advisors, and many others, a wave of welcoming faces. The entire compound is line with bright foliage; tucked away are various structures, from Ifugao huts to air conditioned rooms, cozy and spacious airspace. The little details, such as a tasteful welcome sign, a showerhead hidden in a sea of colorful flowers, soothing music through discretely hidden speakers, aggregated to a sense that for a short time, this could be a home away from home away from home.
At the beginning, middle and end of the treatments, they used a meridian health scan to assess the level of balance in different zones and organs of my body. The DMS (Digital Meridian Scanner) is noninvasive, with one ball-like probe attached to the left hand, and the other probe pressed gently to different areas of the body. In itself, the process is quick; the explanation and presentation of the scan results takes some time. In my case, the initial scan showed what looked like to be a high level of stress imbalance, and many weak areas in my digestive system.
Being the holiday season with its special foodie treats, committing to five days of liquid diet, no meat post-treatment and intensive detoxification was an especially heart-wrenching sacrifice-- one I endured for the sake of results as I had only five days available.
After 5 days/4 nights, I had lost 6kilo and 1.5" from my waist, because I had committed myself to following the programs set before me. My cousin and companion, Karlo, sampled all the varied entries on the menu, the lamb adobo and the chicken kaldereta being favorites; the dishes, in synergy with the program, presented traditional Filipino staples retaining the familiar taste with a heavy emphasis on pleasing aesthetics. The liquid diet, firm in its insistence on no carbs, managed to be tasty; a double portion each meal is allowed, which I recommend to those who would do the program. There were supplements before and after each meal, along with a special tea, whose taste is in itself an exercise in determination, twice a day. Serving as an alternative to energy drinks is wheatgrass, three times a day. In seeking the tagalog translation of wheatgrass, Gladys another guest liason, quipped "basa" meaning "wet" (in certain dialects, wheat is pronounced wet). After four days of liquid diet, you learn to laugh more at everything. Throughout the week, Miss Rizza's gentle all-encompassing smile as she inquired of my progress and various needs, was a reminder that in my brief sojourn into lasting health, my guides were marching along with me.
Every day there is a breathing meditation session taught by Maricar. Again, after four days, the simple exercises were increasingly effective, and served to help recenter myself. The special treatments, namely the charcoal wrap, fever bath, pyro (ion barrage), accupuncture were implemented gently and with care by Miss May (and later Miss Mayeth and occasionally Oca), in clean surroundings and an emphasis on effective comfort. The full body massages were done wonderfully in two differing styles, Pastora Anna with deft accuracy and prayers on the edge of hearing, Nadja with a firm kneading balancing at the razor's edge of deep healing and pain. I also participated in their pilot program of meditation through drumming; banging on the welcome gong is in itself surprisingly soothing, as the noise and maintaining the beat crowds out all other thoughts.
All in all, I found my stay at Nurture Spa an effective thrust at the concerns I had enumerated to Ate Cathy. My final DMS showed a grand majority of areas in balance, with only a few in marked improvement. The environment and treatment were particularly effective as I actively sought to enhance the effects while belaying any skepticism. Lying down, painted with charcoal, wrapped in a heat blanket at feverish temperatures for an hour, while exhausting mentally, produced such a surprising aftereffect; I lurched left and right walking to my room and felt my body adjust to a difference in weight. It can help you if you let it. I highly recommend to visiting balikbayans surrounded in a world of stress and grinding pressure, to young lovers seeking to lose themselves in each other, to married couples, forced apart by the impositions of the world to reconnect, to visitors seeking to discover the true heart of peace in the Philippines; give yourself a few days to a week and devote yourself to simple nurturing in an environment shaped reminiscent of a mother's womb.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

The Nurture Spa is quite a relaxing getaway. We went for Thanksgiving 2010 and were thrilled with the experience.

The Pros
Great Service- The check in experience expedient and professional. Houseboys took our luggage to our room. There is a bell on your door that you can ring anytime for service.

Great Massage- My wife and I both received full body massages. I had just played football the day before and I was sore. The masseuse was professional and put us in a state of total relaxation.

The Food- We only ate breakfast. I had the fresh rolls with mozzarella and pesto. My wife had a vegetable fritatta. Both were great. We dined outside which was awesome.

The grounds- Perfect. Beautiful. Relaxing. We loves walking the grounds and visiting the herb garden. We also ventured into the woods for a peaceful walk.

The Cons
The rooms- Our room was quite small and there was no door to the bathroom. The bed and bath were seperated by a curtain. The bed was very comfy though.

Bugs- Be prepared as there are a lot of bugs in the area.

Location- This is a pro and a con. It is way off the main road so it is isolated and picturesque. It is also hard to find. They do have signs for the Nurture Spa everywhere and it was still hard for us to find it.

Great get away. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

Nurture Spa, just a couple of hours outside of metro Manila, is a cool oasis of pampering and beauty. I was upgraded to a Forest View room, in spite of the concern a solo female traveler inspired. My stay was wonderful, spa services fabulous, room and room services perfect. Overall, Nurture Spa was all that I could ask for and more! It was a great get-away from the hustle, bustle and polution of Manila. Wifi was available in the lobby area for free and staff was working on getting rooms wired for wifi. Food was good, the oatmeal with fruit was the best oatmeal I have ever had in my life! I would suggest more vegetarian options for a spa but I found plenty that I was able to eat. Overall,great experience, highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Took my wife for a day trip spa for our anniversary. It wasn't as hidden away as I wanted it to be, with the city encroaching. Excellent service, especially the server in the resto (I think her name was Abby). The lunch was nothing special, we ordered the porkchop and the chicken adobo (but I must say the coconut cream was a nice touch to the traditional adobo) but the snacks were pretty good (their special pasta using lemongrass and their deepfried sticky rice with mango). Nipa hut room was cute but the effect wears off after a while because it is a little plain. Massage and facial was good but we've had better.
Overall, everything was above average but would have been better if the price was lower. A little pricey considering the other options in Tagaytay. But the service of everyone was what made the price worth it. We felt like we were treated as special guests.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

Cathy and Mike
I cannot thank you enough for the professional and courteous approach you afforded me during my brief visit in November 2009 with Australian experts on medical travel for Australians, Meditour. The website is www.meditour.com.au
From the Digital Meridian System examination, massage and indigenous dance, Nurture Spa Village exceeded my expectations.
I wish to highlight the food (as an ex-restaurant/cafe owner in Australia) because the lunch prepared for us was well executed, tasted devine and offered variety.
Those with a sweet tooth are very well catered for too!
I found it refreshingly relevant that you incorporate new and traditional methods into your holistic approach to wellbeing...something many other spas and resorts pay lip service to only...you excel!
The impeccable grounds and accommodation choices are simply divine and I can see why romantics and health seekers alike will find Nurture Spa Village a small slice of Nirvana tucked away in Tagaytay City in the Philippines.
I think you have, as you say, managed to bundle up "The Romance of Nurturing" in a truly remarkable and real way.
I will be letting friends and family in Australia and around the world know that Nurture Spa Village is a wonderful venue as a place to rest, recover and re-discover the inner self.

Kind regards
Glenn Anthony Johns

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

On our first trip to the Philippines, I wanted my husband and I to go to nice spa/resort to celebrate our anniversary. Not having the time to stay the night, we scheduled 4 services (massage, foot scrub, mango wrap, and facial) along with a "romantic" dinner.

First of all, the location was fantastic...straight out of a magazine. You are really out there (making it slightly hard to find, but perfect for a getaway). Nature completely envelopes you there! We had one treatment outside and continued our next 3 services side-by-side in our own little "hut".

Later, we proceeded to dinner. They did a complimentary "romantic set-up" for us and it was stunning. We had our own table in the gardens, complete with rose petals and our own personal waiter who waited in the distance to attend to our every need. Later, they surprised us with a beautiful cake that had "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate and a little parting gift.

Throughtout the booking and our entire visit there, I was astounded at how courteous everyone was. They could not have been more hospitable and accomodating. In my opinion, the price was unbelievable, as well (granted, I am taking advantage of the American exchange rate!).

I highly recommend this place to anyone who likes to enjoy spa treatments within a natural setting . If I ever come back to the Philippines, I will definitely want to stay overnight. It would be especially cool to incorporate yoga or hiking into my next trip to this resort, as well.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

This place was nice, clean, and quiet, but quite small. The massage was just okay, nothing unusual. The food was good enough though. But the prices are just too high for something very average in everything. They do not have TV sets or anything other than a bed on their rooms too and the rates they ask for an overnight stay is already comparable to a hotel room. Maybe my expectations for this place was not just met for the rates they charge.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — Too pricey for such an ordinary place, nothing of value.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Nurture Wellness Village? Share your experiences!