“Spent a good weekend here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nurture Wellness Village

You added Nurture Wellness Village to your Saves list
Nurture Wellness Village
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   Pulong Sagingan, Barangay Maitim II West | Cavite, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines   |
Announcement
BUY 5 GET 1 FREE
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“Spent a good weekend here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

For our anniversary, my husband and I decided to stay here and had their Ulayaw package for an overnight stay. The staff were very friendly, greeting us on our special day. The spa treatment was okay, the therapist was explaining the oils and the aromas that were used during the treatment. As opposed to the previous comments, the therapists were not in a hurry doing the treatment, and they made sure that they concentrated on those body parts I indicated on the client sheet.

After our treatment, we were surprised with the nice arrangement our room attendant, Querobe did on our room. There was this little bear stuff toy, cookies, and petal of roses on the bathroom. He was also nice enough to provide us our request for the scented oil, just like the one they have in their spa rooms. It made our room smell better, more relaxing. We were also inquiring if they had some bubble bath for their tub. Since they didn't had any, they just gave us additional bath gels which were okay.

When we checked in, there was a heavy down pour of the rain. Since the reception area was open and there were a few leaks in the area, the staff were still accomodating and friendly, making sure to have us in an area where we won't get wet. As much as we wanted to be brought to our room already, they didn't allow us yet until the rain subsided since we might slip and fall. Again, this is a plus point that the staff are concerned with our safety.

The dinner was great, my husband especially liked the pumpkin soup served. I loved the oriental dressing they have for their salad, I think it was home made. The dory fish topped with special herbs was superb. I think for their food service, you just have to choose their specialty, which is clearly marked on their menus. We also appreciate the servers in asking us how our food was after our meal. Again as opposed to previous comments here, the servers are readily available in the area if you need anything while dining.

On our last day, we participated in one of their activities, the tai chi qigong. It was okay, since it was only basic tai chi. I think it was one of their therapist who led the activity, and she was explaining that she was taught of taichi to share with their clients. For this I would suggest that maybe for weekends, or most especially when you are expecting quite a number of visitors, you can invite real yoga/tai chi instructors or hold wellness events/activities to also promote the place. The therapist who led the taichi was not exactly leading the group, as there were some moves that she's doing but cannot fully explain to us how to do it.

Overall, I still think that the place is great, and is reasonable for their rates. When inquiring though, make sure to ask all about their promos to avail of what would be suitable for you.

• Stayed April 2013
Krishna Krishna L, Sales and Marketing Manager at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Ms. Arlene:

Good day. First of all, thank you very much for spending your anniversary here with us. All of us here are glad to know that you and your husband did enjoy your stay here, even if it was raining that time. I let other staff read your review and they are all thankful for all the kind words and feedback you have written. It did bring smiles to everyone. Meeting customers' satisfaction always makes our day.

Our chef also want to extend his thank you to you for food appreciation. He wants you to try our other specialties next time.

Querobe is also delighted knowing you appreciated his service. As well as our therapists.

We all do hope to welcome you here again very soon where you are already considered as part of our growing family.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked for their family package(4pax) which costs 14,500 and additional 2,800 for another pax because we were five. We stayed at a family room and  had body massage for 5, our package also comes with a free foot massage or facial spa for 2.
Location: far from the main road but easy to find
Room: Decent and clean. Bedroom was spacious enough. Bathroom was worst! It had a stinky smell even if it wasnt used yet. It smelled like "imbornal". It was also very small esp the toilet area.
Massage: I love massage and had been to a lot of spas before so I was expecting that their massage is great. I was not satisfied and was so dissapointed, I inisisted to come here and bragged to my mom how good their massage is since I heard that it is famous for their massage. My therapist has a good pressure but she seems to be in a hurry so the pressure plus the speed made me awake the whole session and it didn't made me relax ( which is the reason why I went here). The massage was also fast and i actually checked the time. We were about 10-15 mins under time. We were fetched around 5:54pm and we started at 6pm. I was asked to relax after the massage so i just talked to my sister about the massage for 3 mins then they came and brought us tea. They went out so  we could changed to our clothes then I checked my phone and it was only 6:47pm so the whole massage only lasted for about 45mins!  I asked my mom about the massage and she said it was just average and there were more good spas in manila for a reasonable price, the foot massage was great though.
Food: We ate our snacks after checking-in. The suman at mangga was just okay. We waited 30 mins for our nachos to be served! The coffees we ordered were not hot enough. For dinner, food was good except for the herb chicken which is very dry and the adobo tuna that doesn't have any taste. I esp like the pork binagoongan which I ordered, the meat was soft and very tasty. For the breakfast, we all ordered the beef tapa which was very good but when I was about to finish it, i tasted and smelled something like a cockroach egg so I lost my appetite. Coffee again was not hot enough so we had to ask the waiter to steam it Again.
Service: waiters were attentive and nice specially those who served our dinner. Our room attendant perry was nice too, he offered all our needs and helped us with our baggages. Everyone greeted us with a warm smile :)
Facilities: I enjoyed their gigantic chess board at the restaurant. Pool was  small. The landscape is really nice. The place is really quiet and serene.
We had huge expectations esp with the massage.  As for this hotel, we won't be coming back since there are other hotels that can offer good rooms and great service. We only came here  for their massage which is overrated and disappointing considering we've paid a lot.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I had an overnight accommodation at Nurture Spa last April 14. I’m very eager to go there because of the several great reviews I’ve read about the place. Good thing Deal Grocer offered a discounted rate and… that’s it! :)

I didn't have a hard time during booking. Ms. Isabel (one of the reservation officers) was very accommodating during my reservation. All the STAFF during our stay were very helpful, customer-oriented, dutiful, and compliant (sorry I wasn't able to get their names). 2 thumbs up to everyone! Keep it up guys! :)

The entire place is really nice. It's so cozy, serene, and calming. The "hilot massage" that we chose was very soothing and relaxing.

The food also is so delicious especially their “Osso Buco” and “Tinapa Daing”. So Yummy! It's a must try. :) My only regret was I forgot to order their famous suman w/ mango. Hope we’ll get to try it on our next visit.

Indeed, our Nurture Spa experience was very memorable. It's one of our best R&R. More power to Nurture Spa!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Krishna Krishna L, Sales and Marketing Manager at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Bru1204

Good day to you. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Nurture Spa Village.

Reading reviews like yours always makes our day bright. Ms. Isabel was very glad upon reading your commendation on her. All of the staff are very happy to know that you enjoyed each service you availed here - the room, the spa and the food. We surely will improve more on the service to serve you better.

Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you again very soon. One suman and mangga will be on us on your next visit!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was our 2nd visit on this spa village. The first was way back 2 years ago. I wasnt able to create a review then but i'll to somehow cover it on this one.Nurture Spa Village is so far one of the best spa my wife and I visited. Nestled around an hour away from Manila's ever busy city, this is a sure quick get away for anyone. Well, ideally for couples or anyone who's looking for a decent relaxation time.

Inquiry was made thru emails and phone calls. Receptionist we encountered is friendly and accomodating. Our aim was to have a quick but decent overnight r and r and nurture delivers it. We arrived at their place at 10pm, still preferrably for you folks to bring your own transportation if possible. Village is around 3kms from main highway and portions of roads towards it is sometimes out of street lights and can be quite scary. If not possible, one can opt to ride a tricycle from the main road to the village, fare is around $2. Somehow, we find improvement from our first visit since road from main road is already concrete unlike before when it was dirt road. But I really hope local government can lightened up the streets.

We were greeted by the village's security guard at the entrance and was escorted to our room. This was March, 2013 and was really suprised that we're sharing the entire place to another couple. Yes, you got i right. Just another room has been occupied. Maybe its because its a Thursday.

Please also be reminded that they dont have a 24 hour concierge service at the place. Restaurant is also only until 9pm. So one might have to make sure all needs for the night are ready before nightcap. It was nice that concierge left us a message saying all paperworks for our stay can be attended instead the next day.

Room was spacious enough for us. We were placed at 2nd floor. Located 3kms from main road has it own advantages as well. One can be assured of pure serenity. No noise polution. Only chirping birds in the morning and gentle sound of the wind. We opted to take an air conditioned room. Like previous reviews, our ac is a little bit worn down and have "buzzing" sound. Hope this can be improved.

Bed is queen sized. Fluffy pillows and bed sheets are clean enough. Since were arriving late, we asked our reservation officer if we could order in advance a sandwhich and left it in our room so we can may have something to eat once we arrived. They suggested tuna sandwhich and I could its at par.nothing special but it tasted good enough. they left us complimentary bottled water as well.

Hopefully management could arrange atleast a service during the night. But again, they may have a reason for not providing so. One of this is maybe they're promoting one's wellness or health. Sorry for us who sleeps late at night.

Village dont have access to any tv channels whether foreign or local. Again, it has its own advanatge and disadvantages. In our opinion, maybe an overnight stay at a resort without a tv is fine, after all were looking for a quite relaxation but for more than a night of stay to a place without even a local channel, this could be an issue. I think it wouldnt hurt atleast to check local news every now and then so one could still be updated. Remember, youre outside Manila and 3kms away from main road.

No wifi available. This is relaxation resort. Tranquility and serenity is being promoted. So if your going to bring your ipod, iphone or any gadgets make sure to bring your headset. Other guest may not appreciate your music. LOL.

Guest are escorted when its their time for their treatment. My partner loves their scrub treatment. This is what really make us come back to this place. Spa is at par if not above standards. They have a lot of treatments/scrubs you can choose from. You can schedule your own treatment at your own preferred time. Just make sure you arranged it prior to concierge in the morning so you could be assure that they accomodate you. First come first serve basis folks.

Food at their restaurant is at par. One can also try Tagaytay's culinary exprience, from leslie's, josephine's fresh salads, to antonio's fine dining. These are must try local restaurants.

You might also opt to try their tea. They have an on site small garden where they get their fresh veggies and tea leaves. This is another thing that we've fallen in love with their resort. You can also order tea leaves that you can bring home. If not mistaken its going to be $1 per 100gm of tea leaves, they have a lot of varities you can choose from.

For those who opt not to bring their own vehicle, bus from Tagaytay to Manila is only until around 10pm, after that next bus from Nasugbu trip will resume around 3 or 4am. So plan your itinerary to avoid any hassles.

We'll visit this place again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jaytan87:

Good day! First and foremost, I would like to thank you for visiting us and we are very glad to know that you did enjoy your stay with us and the experience, considering it was already your second time here.

Second, thank you for the feedback and reviews you wrote about us. It surely did helped us improve more on our services. We take each feedback, positive or negative into consideration.

On your concerns on street lights, we are also requesting for it to avoid guests getting lost going here.

On the issue of the local channels, we might have cable channels soon since this has been a concern as well of a lot of guests. We will announce it soon on our website.

Our pa department is so ecstatic to know that you loved the massage you had. Hope you will try our other spa services next time.

Again, thank you very much for staying with us and hopefully we will welcome you again very soon where you are already considered as part of our family.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nurture Spa is situated around 3-4 kms in the interior from the main highway road but once you see the resort from outside, you can notice the calm environment which surrounds it. We came to the place just for a spa services. We were greeted cordially at the reception with the local tea drink. What was nice was the fact that we were asked to fill forms stating our massage preferences in terms of the pressure to be applied, any allergies that we might have and what do we expect as takeaways from the experience. We went for the Hilot massage which was unique in its own way and the spa therapists that attended to us were very patient and knew their job well. The massage helped in rejuvenating us, especially since we were a little sore after the Taal trek. The ambience of the resort was also very soothing. All in all, it was a spantastic experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Krishna Krishna L, Sales and Marketing Manager at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear da4u:

Good day! First of all, I would like to thank you for visiting us. It's our great pleasure to be of service to you. Second, thank you for all the kind words you wrote about your experience here.

Regarding your feedback, we really always make it a point to know more about our clients, especially before the treatment to know what massage best suits you and what parts of the body should the therapist focus on. We're glad you appreciated this.

Rest assured that we will continue to be better and better to best serve you and every client.

Again, thank you very much and looking forward to having you here again.

Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was blessed to have a chance to enjoy this amazing place. It was definitely that I was looking for and needed when I scheduled a mid week trip. When I was booking the trip, I was not expecting a serene, stress free place. The person who took my call was very helpful. I was using the healthway gift check and I was half expecting that since the trip is free, they might not give me the whole "experience". Boy, was I wrong!. I brought with me my mom, my 7 month old baby and her yaya. The staff are so nice and warm - they accommodated our request and carried all our stuff (walker, stroller and bags) with eagerness. They make us feel that they have been expecting us and that it is their pleasure to serve us.
The place is so quiet. They welcomed us with Basil tea - really refreshing and relaxing. And then they made us fill out a form to determine the massage suitable for us.
The room is looks clean and inviting. The rooms are personalized and you would know that the person who prepared the room paid detailed attention to the cleanliness and presentation. It was alright. The room, although it is not as big as I was hoping, was enough to entertain my daughter. The water is clean and just right on the temperature. My lovely daughter played on it for almost an hour. :)
We decided to have our dinner there as there is a 3km drive to the main road and I am beginning to feel the excitement for the massage. We had the kakaibang lumpia, kalderata and adobong lamb and they taste good. The serving is per person and I do think the prices of some of their food is quite reasonable. I would not order the champorado and ginataang halo halo crepe again though.
Then the massage - the massage that my whole body is waiting for. The massage I got is comparable to the massage from the spa but not as good as what I have experienced at the Chi spa in Kota Kinabalu. But I believe they just referred to the details I've written on the form. I felt good after the massage and soon enough got me drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, we had our breakfast and it is good. After having our rest, the therapist whisked us kindly to the garden area so that they can give our facial massage. The facial cleansing massage is wonderful. Imagine this - "no outside sound, almost complete silence with just the singing of the birds filling the air, slight breeze smelling lavender, and the soft, gentle hands of the therapist massaging your face using natural honey and royal jelly" It is truly a perfect way to end this adventure.

My baby enjoyed the trip, my mom is still smiling and my yaya felt blessed to be part of this adventure.

We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: drink lots of the alkaline water that they serve - it is good for cleansing. :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Krishna Krishna L, Sales and Marketing Manager at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Ms. Rhia Villanueva:

Good day. Thank you for your feedback. We really do appreciate all the kind words and praises you wrote about your experience here with us. You surely put smiles on all our faces. It made all the hardwork worth it.

We are really glad you liked the room and food. We always take time to listen to our guests to improve on our service. As for the champorado and crepe, I do hope you will give it a second chance and I can assure you that you will love it the next time.

Our therapists were ecstatic knowing you loved the treatments.

I do hope you and your family will come back again and experience wellness with us.

Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you again here where we treat our guests as part of the family.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Even if rather from from the city, Nurture Spa is worth the trip. The cool weather in Tagaytay makes it the perfect getaway from the summer heat; the ambiance is peaceful and relaxing, the treatments are excellent, and the food is wonderful. Great place to get some peace and quiet, and catch a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The hilot treatments are especially great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Krishna Krishna L, Sales and Marketing Manager at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear JoPalma:

Good day. I would like to thank you for the review you wrote for Nurture Spa Village. We really do appreciate it. It was our pleasure to be of service to you, and we're really happy that you did enjoy your stay here and our services.

We do hope to see you again here soon and experience wellness!

Krishna Krishna Varias Lescano

Been to Nurture Wellness Village? Share your experiences!