“Quiet, relaxing retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nurture Wellness Village

You added Nurture Wellness Village to your Saves list
Nurture Wellness Village
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   Pulong Sagingan, Barangay Maitim II West | Cavite, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Tagaytay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manila
“Quiet, relaxing retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We discovered this spa retreat on the internet and also on travelers' reviews. We are glad we made the right decision. The village is at the end of a quiet road. We were greeted with a smile and hot pot of their very own home grown herbal tea. The grounds are very well kept and the service was really good. You have your own butler to attend to your every need. They showed us to our quarters and it is really very spacious and well kept. One thing though, our shower area had a slow drainage so that when you take a bath, it takes a while before the next person can use it because of the slow draining. We had a good three hour rest, and time to go around and check out the place before being whisked off to our very spa treatment. Our masseurs were all well trained, very polite, clean and cordial. I really enjoyed the treatment and had a good nights rest. The grounds were very quiet, except that there was a wedding taking place. We also had a blast watching the ceremony! We availed of the family package which included accommodations, spa treatment, dinner and breakfast-all for 14,500.00 pesos for four people. That was money well spent. Food was very clean, good and portions are enough.

Room Tip: There is a variety of room configuration. If you want privacy and quiet, then the rooms at the back...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Krishna Krishna L, Sales and Marketing Manager at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Ms. Mamabanana:

Good day. Reading your review about us makes us feel great and motivated. Thank you for all the kind words. The fact that you did enjoy your stay here and was relaxed made our day and put the smiles on our faces. Thank you very much.

Regarding your concern about the bathroom drainage, we already called the attention of our maintenance department to do something about it. Rest assured that everything is now better and when you come back you won't have to endure the same problem again.

Our therapists and front officers were all glad after reading your comments about their service. They were all very happy to know that you appreciated their service and made them work harder.

Again, thank you very much and looking forward to having you again here to have one or more cups of our herbal tea and more.

Krishna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was slightly skeptical for all the reviews on trip advisor on this resort.
But now, Me and my husband experience it all. It was indeed one perfect place for a relaxing getaway.
We had an overnight stay here last November, and without a doubt it was one of the best serviced resort I ever been to. From the moment we we're greeted at the steps of the reception, until we waved goodbye we see pleasant and smiling faces.

Impeccable relaxed service by the sweetest people we ever met.

If you're looking for a resort that defines the very best in service, ambience, food and relaxation, then this is the one i would suggest. =)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Binan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The place is nice. But every expectations you have of warm hospitality flies out of the window once you talk to the employees.They have no manners! You could hear them gossiping about popular sexy starlets who recently checked in.

The guys are loud and really, there is no peace and quiet here!!!
Massage is fake! no real talent…!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Krishna Krishna L, Owner at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Ms. Trixie Santos:

I am Cathy Turvill, co-owner of Nurture Spa Village. My husband and I were shocked and dismayed to read about your review and would like to apologize for the negative experience that you had. In line with our core value of giving our guests only the best customer service, we would like to clarify the details of your experience. May we get your name and contact details please? We have searched all our records (booking reservations, guest confirmation forms, computerized guest list, spa guest logbook) and have not been able to find the name Trixie Santos listed as a guest. Pls email me at cathy@nurture.com.ph so that we can identify the staff involved and immediately take corrective action.

My husband and I reiterate our desire to provide our guests only the very best experience that we can possibly give. Thank you for your feedback. It is only through your feedback that we can provide you the best service that you deserve.

Thank you very much.

Ms. Catherine Turvill
President
LPC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This place is a lot less relaxing than it claims to be. First off, it seemed like the reception personnel have no sincerity in "receiving" their guests. It's just a job to them, nothing more nothing less. No genuine care. And I found one of the front desk staff to be very crass - screaming my name on the phone while she was talking to someone - and when a gril sitting beside her pointed her to me she said " I was just verifying if the reservation was made under her name". She obviously did not know I was at the lobby, but for you to be speaking in such a loud voice in a supposedly relaxing area with no regard if the person was actually around is just improper. And she just kept on talking and talking and talking.

The room was very "minimalistic", which we didn't mind, but the air conditioning system did not make us sleep at all! It was really noisy and for the price we paid, we definitely felt short changed. It was really really annoying!!! I took a peak at the other rooms being cleaned up, the aircon was on and I realized, the aircon in that room was noisy too!

And the world-class massage that they were bragging about was just so-so. We get massages all the time, so we should know. And again it felt like the masseuse was simply going through her daily routine. Looks like she does not love her job.

When we went here we were under the impression that we will be "nurtured". On the contrary, the experience was like "Ok, time for your massage. I don't care if you trip on that rock just get inside the massage room. Ok, here's your towel, change. Ok I'm going to start the massage now. So now I'm done, time's up, here's your tea, leave now so I can do other things".

I think we saw the owners discussing about a renovation, like a fountain by the entrance? Not sure if they owned the place or they were just guests talking about it. But I hope that if they are thinking of renovating the exterior of the spa, more than anything, they should prioritize making the rooms as comfortable as possible first, starting off with the aircon.

Well, on another note, the waiters were very nice, though it took about 20 minutes for them to serve us the food that we ordered. But they were attentive and very accommodating. Too bad the food was so-so too.

We just really feel bad about spending such an important day of our lives in a place where we did not matter. When you go to places like this, you want to be taken care of and pampered. Afterall, that's their claim to fame.

Room Tip: Please ask them if they have fixed their aircon problem. Any room's fine as long as the aircon...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Krishna Krishna L, Owner at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Eylah44:

I am Cathy Turvill, co-owner of Nurture Spa Village. My husband and I were shocked and dismayed to read about your review and would like to apologize for the negative experience that you had. In line with our core value of giving our guests only the best customer service, we would like to clarify the details of your experience. May we get your name and contact details please? We have searched all our records (booking reservations, guest confirmation forms, computerized guest list, spa guest logbook) and have not been able to find the name Eylah44 listed as a guest. Pls email me at cathy@nurture.com.ph so that we can identify the staff involved and immediately take corrective action.

We would also like to take this opportunity to share updates on the issues raised. With regard to the noisy airconditioner and mediocre massage, we have hired a new Housekeeping supervisor who has checked all airconditioning units to ensure that the issue of noise has been addressed. All our therapists are also undergoing retraining to ensure consistency in the quality of massage.

Again, thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you here again!
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Went there last February 12 using a Citibank voucher for an overnight stay with a Hilot Kalinga massage good for 2. Place was not hard to find and parking area was adequate. We stayed in one of their Ifugao Huts which was a first for both of us. Personally I enjoyed staying there even though air conditioning was not available for that room. The Tagaytay weather was cool enough and the interior of the hut makes you feel as if you are sleeping outdoors. It was a bit cramped though and you need to be careful as not to bump your head while going down the hut. Magazines were available as well as a pitcher of water and two drinking glasses.

The bathroom was located below the hut and was spacious enough. There was hot and cold water but my favorite was the toiletries they provided ranging from shampoo, conditioner, soap as well as lotion which all smelled lovely.

Whole place was charming and quiet. Doesn't take too long to explore the whole grounds. There is a small swimming pool but then again the water was also cold so we decided against taking a dip in it. Someone was burning grass and weeds on one of the less developed area of the resort, so we avoided the place.

The massage at first was ok..the attendants were very polite. Even got a pot of pandan tea after the massage which we enjoyed the taste. The massage seemed ok at first, though I felt a bit sore afterwards, but after about a day or two, large bruises appeared on my body where apparently the attendant placed a bit too much pressure. I wasn't sure if because the massage we received was called hilot that's why it required a bit more pressure than the usual massage. I looked like I was a victim of some domestic abuse or hazing. My hubby on the other hand was fine albeit horrified on the bruises that I got. Apparently the one who attended me was a bit heavy handed.

Overall, this is a charming place you would simply have to try. Especially the Ifugao huts. Hated the hilot massage part though.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Krishna Krishna L, Sales and Marketing Manager at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Angel the Explorer:

Good day! First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here with us. We are so glad that you liked and appreciated our Ifugao Hut. We really provide complete amenities for all of our guests' convenience.

As for the massage, glad you and your husband also liked it. We are sorry to know that you had bruises after 2 days. We will take a look at who handled your treatments.

We are sorry if you experienced any inconvenience while you are at the swimming pool area.

Overall, in behalf of the whole Nurture Spa Village, we are ecstatic that your experience with us was a fantastic one.

Thank you very much and looking forward to having you again here at Nurture Spa Village!

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were greeted warmly and the staff were all smiles. The experience was so great and relaxing. The foods are good. We took the Ifugao Hut and it was so amazing. The place is so relaxing plus the massage was so good. The only thing off was insects. So better bring lots of repellant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Krishna Krishna L, Sales and Marketing Manager at Nurture Wellness Village, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Avlisnerraw:

Good day! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. We are truly honored to be of service to you. We really always make it a point to give the best service to all of our guests and make them feel at home. In behalf of the whole Nurture Spa Village, I would like to thank you for visiting us and we are more than glad that you did enjoy your Nurture experience. We do hope to see you here again and try our other services.

Rest assured that we will welcome you again with all smiles and will make you feel like a part of our family.

Thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were greeted by friendly staff with a warm smile. After being led to a very tatty room with mismatched furniture it was clear to us that Nurture Spa was pretending to be something it clearly wasn't.

The food was very bland & ordinary.

If you don't want to be disappointed & out of pocket give this place a wide birth.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Fancythatnow:

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for visiting us. Also, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We deeply took your feedback very seriously toa void same complaints the next time.

I do hope you will still come back here and rest assured that you will enjoy your next visit.

Thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you here again.

Krishna Krishna Varias Lescano

Been to Nurture Wellness Village? Share your experiences!