“Good food and view” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Taytay, Philippines
“Good food and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I like it here because it's a right place for bulalo in tagaytay with the view of the taal volcano. They serve in big sizes and this time we tried the crispy tawilis and there's nothing like eating it rightaway. Though the cons here is that waiting time for you to be seated is really long due to the number of clients.

Manila, Philippines
“Been here for the third time..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Always as nice as I am expecting..I love the foods here..typically filipino foods. the scenery of the restaurants is soo refreshing and relaxing too...

Visited August 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Newly opened outlet(5 mths ago) @ Skyranch, Tagaytay, Phils.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Need to clarify that following review is for the newly opened outlet - abt 200-300 metres away from original outlet. Opened abt 5 mths ago & located at Skyranch along with other eateries. Ample carpark space.

Ambience is to be expected - bustling with noise(a sign that food served are indeed good!). Service was good & servers were helpful & attentive to yr needs, whatever they may be.

Food served were piping hot which is awesome coz it can get quite cool over here & most importantly, the food tasted great!.. Pricing is reasonable.

We were a group of 12 paxs & had the followings (3 sets each) :-
Chrispy Pata(pork knuckles), Sinigang isda(fish), mixed seafood ihaw ihaw(bbq), fried bangus(milk fish), pusit(bbq squid) - 5 dishes served 3 sets each plus 1 beer, 3 cokes, 8 juices & total bill came to Php8900(round up to nearest dollar) which is equivalent of Sgd 258. Now, that's for 15 dishes including drinks!. I wud strongly recommend Sinigang isda - served hot! ... awesomely perfect!. The rest of dishes were not too bad too - definitely better than a lot of other restaurants.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time here & wud strongly recommend this place as alternative to the original restaurant just a few hundred metres away from this joint.

We were here on 10th Aug '14 - for lunch.

Cheers!-virgopq

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Canada
“Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I knew it will not be a good idea to eat here the minute I walked in. I didn't realize the size of this place by looking outside. In fairness, service was not bad and the staff were attentive. The food was mostly salty and I suspect cooked with monosodium glutamate as I had a headache just midway through our meal. We ordered bulalo which was good but nothing special, sisig that was very basic, fried tawilis, chopsuey and pancit canton that we had to return because it had a fly in it.

Visited August 2014
“Found hair in our rice!! :( worst place in tagaytay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a chance to dine again here yesterday with some biker friends. And i can say that I WILL NEVER DINE HERE AGAIN!!!
1.) Very poor service - I dont know how many times I had to call the waiter's attention. They are distracted and when we found a strand of hair in one of my friend's garlic rice the waiter said he is gonna replace it but never apologized! Too bad we forgot to take a photo of it.
2.)Food is a very disappointment. We ordered bulalo special and we just found a very small portion of meet and a huge bone. Waiter said that one order is enough for 5 people. Seriously??The meat we found was enough for 2 persons. Broth was salty. We also ordered fried tawilis and lechon kawali. Didnt taste the fish but my friends told them it was not good and they just ate like 2 or 3 pcs. Lechon kawali was passable. Nothing special.

The only good things about this place is the view of Taal lake, the ample parking space and the style of the ambiance.
Well the ambiance is native but not well ventilated, the dining area lacks of electric fans and so there were flies while we were eating.

I will never come back to this place again. I rarely write negative reviews here at TA, but this place is very disappointing. Very bad service!!