“Small budget, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tagaytay Econo Inn

Tagaytay Econo Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tagaytay
Tagaytay Econo Inn
Tourism Avenue Hollywood Subd. | Brgy. Francisco, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #16 of 20 hotels in Tagaytay
San Pablo, Laguna, Philippines
“Small budget, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Not too much about the hotel except that you get a good sleep and a nice cozy place. The attractions are all nearby and the accessibility is great. Just cross the street to get to good food, and a hop away to see the beautiful sights of Tagaytay. Perfect jumpoff point if you want to go boatride since the proximity is closer to the lake area itself.

Room Tip: Ask for room far away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Muntinlupa, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night. The CR was clean. But the staff service is unsatisfactory. When I asked for the hotel room slippers, they even DARED to give me used and dirty room slippers full of black spots. I called their frontdesk and complained about it, and I asked them to replace it with a new clean one. They just said that they ran out of new slippers, and said that they will TRY to replace it. I waited for a long time, I was infuriated because they did not come, and so I personally went to their frontdesk carrying the dirty slippers that they gave me, and told them is this the kind of service that I've paid for a high price. You even dared to give me a used and dirty slippers. The other guests were shock because they saw how dirty their service was. I will never return to this Tagaytay Econo Inn again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
1,711 helpful votes 1,711 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Nearby Tagaytay has to be one of the grottiest towns around passing itself off as a tourist resort. If you have to see Taal Volcano, which we do not recomend, you should at least stay outside town. Here there are less touts and you actually get to see greenery rather than concrete and grime.

This hotel has good views, is clean, is close to a few convenience stores and has a reasonable restaurant next door. The staff are friendly and the decor is quite nice. They should do something about the mosquito problem, however, as we were slapping away at the bloodsuckers for most of our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel.

First, it is conveniently located along the main road, a few steps away from the public market, a 7-11, and several good restaurants.

Second, it's amazing to wake up to the majestic view of Taal lake and volcano greeting you a good morning.

Third, the staff are very pleasant and accommodating. I know this should be expected of them but still it's nice to feel welcome and taken cared of. When I wanted to buy wi-fi credits, they suggested that I use the hotel's free wi-fi in the lobby instead.

Fourth, they have parking!

Fifth, their rates are unbelievably cheap. We got a room for as low as P1500/night!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the lake :-)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

The balcony of the hotel has a great view of the Taal Volcano same with its in house cafeteria, as for the food it was good. for the rooms? well its clean and comfy despite having placed in a small room, well actually its not that small but it has a good side cause the room can easily get cool cause of the air-conditioning. other than that the place is great. ill sure be checking in to this place when i get a chance to go back to Tagaytay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Seoul, Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Really nice view of Taal volcano on the balcony with places to sit and enjoy the view.

Everything seemed very organized. The staff was very friendly and always seemed to be holding the door for us whenever we were coming in or out.

The room was nice. It had a small TV but a good selection of channels to choose from. A hot and roomy shower.

My only complaints would be that it's a bit of a trek away from the center of town which was a little disappointing, because when we went it rained quite a bit so we felt stuck in the area.

There weren't that many restaurants around besides the one in the hotel. The hotel restaurant was pretty good. A little pricey for our low budget traveling, which was the reason why we were trying to find a cheaper place to eat.

I'm not sure if it was just close to our room. But there was a "Videoke Bar" or "Karaoke Bar" that we could hear all night and even when we woke up at 7:30AM. It wasn't hairsplitting loud but loud enough to be annoying at times.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

A cozy hotel right off the Sta. Rosa exit. Excellent view of the volcano and lake. Our room was newly furbished and very welcoming. The pocket garden from the website was quite small, although for the price, I'd say the accommodations in general were adequate. Would definitely go back. Food was hearty and filling as well. Staff was friendly and shared the famous Filipino hospitality.
I don't know how the other bloggers here feel but I think most hotels would have their fare share of complaints, even the 5 star ones. However, it would not be fair to base your judgement solely on a disgruntled customer, since many satisfied clients will never write a blog. And it would be a loss not to at least check an establishment out. Always be aware of what is promised, what you're paying for and how much you're willing to spend for it. If you expect a no frills accommodation for a reasonable price, then I suggest you try this one.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Tagaytay Econo Inn? Share your experiences!