“How often do you find a farm on your hotel?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kimberly

You added Hotel Kimberly to your Saves list
Hotel Kimberly
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Brgy. Kaybagal, Amadeo Road, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila
“How often do you find a farm on your hotel?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Booking with the hotel was simple enough and the staff at the front desk were friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and comfortable (although given the cool Tagaytay weather, it might have made sense to have a fan instead of aircon). The bathroom was a bit old but still big and complete. The wifi was really slow and rarely connected -- this is a minus given that it's very difficult to get 3G access on our phone networks to begin with. The parking is a great plus as it's easy to park -- it's best to bring a car because that's the easiest way to get around Tagaytay. The front desk was always friendly and accommodating, although there were two requests they failed to call back to follow up on (massage availability and extra room availability), it was easier to just go down and ask face to face. The nice thing about the hotel being so small is that they have a big staircase for people who want to walk up and down easier. The breakfast had a lot of options and was pretty good. What made our experience was when we walked outside to see the pool and the children's play area, we stumbled across the farm! There was a petting zoo on the grounds of the hotel where we could interact with rabbits, sheep, geese, peacocks, turkeys and pigs. That was definitely an interesting experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Discursus,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I'm happy to note you enjoyed your stay at Kimberly especially with the 'farm suprise'. We are proud of how our little farm is developing and are always happy to share the pets with our guests. It's certainly a hit with our family groups!

Rest assured we are currently addressing our wi-fi issues. Wifi and poor 3G is unfortunately a Tagaytay wide problem but we are working to address it, My apologies for that and if our staff are forgetful at times. This has been brought to their attention as well.

We hope to see you return once more to Kimberly. Glad to be at your service.

Natalie Ng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Santa Rosa, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I booked at this for our high school barkada getaway and my girls and I love the hotel. The Staff are courteous. The Place is so massive and so peaceful. I highly recommend this place for family or friends bonding. Nice Breakfast Buffet also. There are some things like to point out though in the bathroom there is only one tissue roll for us to use, there is no mat to dry your feet or even to dry the floor and the Wi-Fi connection is so poor.

Room Tip: Ask for the room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear hsbonding2014,

Welcome to Tripadvisor and thank you for your review! I am glad to read that you had a successful event wherein you all loved the stay and will recommend us to others...that is a compliment of the highest honor!

Rest assured I've taken note of your comments. Our Housekeeping department will readily provide additional toilet paper upon guest request (plus other amenities such as toothbrushes should you forget to bring it!). I am not sure why your room had no mat...this is an oversight I sincerely apologize for as all rooms come with bathmats. Finally we are working to further improve our wi-fi which is unfortunately poor all over Tagaytay.

Regardless, may I invite you to come back and stay with us again. I also suggest you like us on Facebook (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) where you will see updates on latest activities, promotions and deals. We look forward to being of service to you once more.

Pasay, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Got a coupon from Deal Grocer for this hotel and did not regret it! The hotel has a huge grounds with a mini zoo and playground. The pool area was great although the water was so cold. Our whole family enjoyed our stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear KAZaam88,

Thank you for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and recommend you like and follow us on Facebook (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) so you'll be updated of latest deals, special events and promotions. We look forward to seeing you and your family return.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed there one night for a wedding the following day. It was recommended by hubby's supplier there. We booked it early via Agoda and got a promo price compared to booking directly to the hotel. I called the hotel to confirmed our booking and choose a room after the transaction from Agoda was done. The operator advised me to book a room facing the road than the parking for a few and less noise. I also request for a Queen bed and a non-smoking floor.

When we got to the hotel after lunch ~230pm, and had no problems with parking in front of the hotel. The place was well guarded and a really nice grassy playground beside the parking...though some thought came through me, if it was my son there, he would run to the parking lot with ease since there was no wall or boarder - that is an accident waiting to happen. Nonetheless, it was a winning playground for my hubby to say that he wants to bring our son on the next Tagaytay visit.

Upon checking-in, we were able to quickly get our room. The lobby was spacious and had ample seating. We went to our room on our own since we just had hand-carry items via elevator. We were on the 2nd floor. Room was clean and simple. Bathroom big though some of the bath accessories were not beside or on top of the sink in the room we were placed in. It was weird having to go pick up the cup for the sink at another wall. There was not counter in front of the mirror so it was also weird but I think that has been fixed this way a long time now. We didn't get to use the air conditioning too much since the weather in Tagaytay was perfect.
There was a safe and a mini fridge that was a big Godsend since I had breastmilk to express and freeze. It's the only hotel I know that was able to freeze my milk overnight. I had too many failed attempts with storing my breastmilk in other hotels, locally and internationally, that it was surely a pleasant surprise for me! [I thought I had to request to have it stored in the hotel's restaurant or hubby's supplier's home. Glad I didn't have to.]
Noticed though that outlets in our room was quite limited - we had to take out a few lamps to ensure we had enough power for our gadgets the next day. Good that I brought along a plug with 4 USB heads for easy charging of my gadgets. My hubby had more problems since his plugs are all different heads.

We stayed in the hotel for the afternoon after check-in. Everything was good though I noticed that we had a noisy neighbor since they had a few kids with them. No problems since it was still the afternoon...oh, how wrong was I. We left around 630pm for dinner. When we got back, 12am or so, we could still hear our neighbors! The walls were quite thin! We were already tired so just had the TV on and slept through the noise.

We had a complementary breakfast buffet and got down around 820am the following day before heading to a morning wedding. The place as filled but we found space!
I saw the pool for the first time and it was quite nice! I'm glad that our room wasn't above or near the pool area since it was crowded!

Breakfast buffet was simple and decently complete. We had to eat and run so it was convenient that our stay had this since some of the other hotels in the area didn't have this and we would have to go out or pay extra for breakfast. Spreads were ample and included coffee/tea, aside from fruit juices.

Some thoughts though with the buffet:
(1) There were quite a few flies around and not enough ways to get them off of the buffet section/table.

(2) There were tons of waiters around but most were standing near the bar and talking while some were so all-over the place buy so I had to call them each time to get quicker service. (We were rushing a bit.) The manager was more helpful. Service was a bit slower...not sure if it's because of the crowd or the time of the day.

(3) There were quite a few utensils/plates that wasn't washed well so I had to have it changed or tell the waiters about it. Some were buffet plates with some egg stains on the edge!

(4) The egg station wasn't really utilized since there was not promotion or maybe people didn't know? There weren't a lot who had their eggs made. Maybe just when we were there.

(5) No placemats? Table was set-up only when you take a seat and tell them how many are you and there weren't any placemats so I felt a bit conscious if anything spilled outside of my place or cup.

In all fairness, we stayed only for a day and did stay in the room most of the day...which could be a different story if we stayed longer.

I would still recommend this hotel for friends as another option with the above disclosures.

Room Tip: I was told by the contact person when I reconfirmed out booking to take the room by the road, not th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Pinas, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is our first overnight stay in Tagaytay and we were not disappointed. The accommodating and courteous staff; nice lobby; expansive grounds; great pool area and rooms; together with Tagaytay's cool weather made our trip a truely relaxing one. We also had a lot of fun in the game room as well as their playground. Ala carte dinner was affordable and the serving for our family of 4 was just right. The buffet breakfast had a lot a typical pinoy choices we enjoyed.

I was looking for a relaxing trip for my family and got it!

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear SimplyDivine2013,

Thank you for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to have you return to Kimberly again in the future!

Lipa City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had so much fun, regarding the food it's so great. The hotel room is awesome. The staffs are so polite. Thank you for the great service. Keep it up,

Hotel Management System, Jinisys Software Inc.,
Ground Floor Cebu Holdings, Cardinal Rosales Avenue, Cebu City,
Cebu 6000(032) 415 8647

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear RoselaOaferina,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Wishing you all the best in your endeavors.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a good, unflashy hotel that gets some of the basics right, but needs to work on others.

Location: A bit secluded, about 1 or 2 km from the main ridge road in a private, quiet compound. This is fine for relaxation, nicely set apart from the hustle and bustle of today’s Tagaytay scene, but don’t expect views of Taal Lake here. They can improve the posted signs, but otherwise it isn’t hard to find. Parking is ample ---- a plus!

Lobby: Spacious, airy, bright and cheerful. Comfortable seating areas (something rare in many new hotels), not at all crowded on a busy holiday weekend.

Room: Ours was a rather cramped room with a queen-size bed (I think?) and barely enough room to fit an extra bed (we did squeeze one in for my teen-age son, making it even more cramped. The room is basic (for example: plain painted concrete walls, no wallpaper), a notch above budget no-frill but nothing in the way of bells and whistles.

The towel and pillow allocation was skimpy, but upon request the housekeeping staff sent us all that we needed, including accessories. I compared the room vs. the posters and website pic, and somehow the real thing looked less fresh and impressive (although the pics showed the same furniture, décor and amenities).

Nonetheless, we got our flat-screen TV, a dresser/desk table, and a tiny balcony with a rather nice 4th floor view of the pool area and the hotel’s garden-farm. Perfect for soaking in the slightly cool breeze.

One negative: The room is too dark in the nighttime! The few lamps are the only source of illumination ---- no strong overhead bulbs ---- and they feature boxy lampshades that look cute but are opaque enough to make the lights even dimmer. Even in the daytime, the window (occupying less than two-thirds of the exterior wall) doesn’t add much illumination.

Another negative: very few outlets for charging electronics (and they’re hard to find). If you try to charge two or more mobile phones, a camera, a laptop and a tablet, you’re going to have to do some searching and managing of priorities.

Bathroom: surprisingly big and spacious (unlike the room), and lighted well enough (ditto). The tiny sink does not give you much room to place toiletries and other stuff on, so the hotel thoughtfully tacked on a glass shelf on one side of the wall. Still, a bigger sinktop surface would have been more practical. However, we had a plumbing problem with water leaking onto the floor --- not sure if it came from the bathtub (just a tub with shower) or from the toilet. But we had to put towels on the floor to try to control the flooding. Not good.

And fair warning: the bathroom floor is slightly lower than the room floor, so there is a tiny, hard-to-notice bit of a step-gap to watch out for --- we nearly had a couple of accidents tripping on the “step”, if you can call it that.

Pool: Kids will enjoy the cannon-shaped swimming pool in the expansive back gardens. There are no deep vs. shallow portions, the main pool has a uniform depth throughout (there’s a smaller kiddie pool nearby for the younger children), but there’s considerable room to play and swim about. However, we found the water a bit too cold for a windy and breezy Tagaytay afternoon. (It’d probably be better in the hotter summer months.)

Coffee shop: A bit of a downer. We found the breakfast service to be rather disorganized and messy, with the staff trying very hard to run about and keep up with all the guests. Despite their valiant efforts, the buffet tables couldn’t be kept clean, various food items could not be replenished fast enough, and you had the sight of guests waiting for food and utensils (indeed, we ended up using coffee cups to drink juice or water, since glasses were in short supply. (When finally some newly washed drinking glasses arrived, most looked stained and dirty.) I recall something similar happening at another resort hotel (Pico Sands at Pico de Loro, Nasugbu).

Buffet selections were rather limited (just 3 or 4 courses, though you could ask the staff to whip up omelettes or scrambled eggs) and food quality was (at best) mediocre. The buffet items are displayed in open containers ---- no covers or lids ---- so the rice would dry up fast. We found the a la carte dinner choices to be rather expensive and nothing to shout about ---- the pork belly we ordered was on the tough side, and the chicken nuggets appeared to be commercial frozen stuff rather than something fresh (I think the fast food outlets do a better job with nuggets).

The one good thing is that you could choose to eat your breakfast either inside the food hall (which looks a little gloomy) or outside in the verandah overlooking the pool area (much better, just keep an eye out for dive-bombing houseflies).

There was a lot of noise from a videoke dinner party in the garden during the night that we stayed here, but what can we do? People were having fun (it appeared to be a big business or community group holding a party and showcasing their homegrown singers), so we just had to roll with it. The noise was more subdued from the 4th floor.

Our stay was reasonably fun and comfortable. Maybe we need to give the Kimberly more time to ripen into a high-value budget holiday resort.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool offer great views, but can be noisy if there's a big party in the lawn.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear wingdaddy,

Thank you for such a detailed review! We constantly strive to improve and reviews such as yours are invaluable to us.

I am happy to see you were generally satisfied with your stay. For your future return, may I recommend you book our premier room which - apart from being a larger room - has 2 double beds that will accommodate 4 people plus room for an extra bed if more needed!

Rest assured, we have taken note of the areas you mentioned for improvement with particular attention to our breakfast.

We look forward to being of service to you again in Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay.

Natalie Ng

Been to Hotel Kimberly? Share your experiences!