“nice ambiance” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Save Saved
You added Hotel Kimberly to your Saves list
Hotel Kimberly
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Brgy. Kaybagal, Amadeo Road, Tagaytay, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Tagaytay
Marikina City, Rizal, Philippines
“nice ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

this hotel is one of the better hotels in Tagaytay. Clean and Tidy rooms. CHeckin and check out was fast. The hotel staff are courteous and accomodating. Pasking is spacious and well guarded. Affordable rates for a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you RonChie on your feedback. Glad you liked the hotel and found it good value for the price. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Natalie Ng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stated for the weekend. Hotel occupancy was i think 50%...check in and check out was a breeze. Breakfast was very good for me.........several choices. rooms and bathroom are spacious. hotel staff are well trained and courteous. parking was more than enough for the guest. weekend well spent. will bring the kids next time.........

Room Tip: Deluxe room....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear eric122676,

I am glad you really enjoyed yourselves and yes...bring the kids next time! They will enjoy the games room, pools, vast playgrounds, farm animals plus much more for sure. We look forward to seeing you in Kimberly once more.

manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

arrived there on a sunny day but after a few hours, the rain kept pouring mad. ., we got the hotel because of a promo. Yup, so when we opened the curtains, we had the ugliest view. We requested for a better view but was not transferred because our toom of choice, as they said were all taken. Ok then, so we just took our game boards out and half of the family headed to the comfort of the cozy bed. Few more hours and we needed to get our brains running. They have titles on dvd ready for borrowing. their, gym was ok. The game room ok. the sheets... just ok. For the price, it had no view, the place was better than most sleezy cheap hotels in Tagaytay. This ones ok. Not great but somehow, you'll like it because its cheap but comfy and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear ManilaLpd,

Thank you for leaving a feedback of your stay in Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay. It was unfortunate that it rained during your stay but weather is not something we can do along the way. Our playgrounds, pools, and farm animals usually provide a welcome entertainment to families and couples. As it is, the games room and complimentary DVD and hotel wide free wifi usually provide sufficient entertainment to most of our guests. Unfortunately we don't offer rooms with views at all times - it really depends on your room booking and availablitiy. Nevertheless given sufficient advance notice...we do all we can to accommodate requests. I hope this doesn't deter you from returning to the hotel again. We look forward to having you come back again.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is small and intimate with the basic amenities such as a pool, function area, play ground. But they also have a mini zoo which my son immensely enjoyed. It's a great hotel for quick weekend escapes and it's 2 hours away from Manila. Breakfast is buffet if there are many guests. Food was passable. People are very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear evilstepmother (!!),

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at Kimberly and experienced our friendly service first hand.

If I may suggest, you may want to book with us in the Halloween weekend (Oct. 31- Nov. 2) as we have lots of children's activities planned. You can check our Facebook page (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) or call us for more details.

Come back again soon evilstepmother (can't get over your name!)!

Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family and I visited Tagaytay last Sept 21 2013. It was cold and rainy and we were not able to go sight seeing or horseback riding. However, the hotel staff were very pleasant, immediate with our concerns and there was a game room and free rent of DVD's. Too bad we were not able to enjoy the pool and the fsrm because of the rain but we will be back! Quite far from other destinations but near the Bulaluhan Restaurants...

Room Tip: Get the premiere room good for 4 adults and 2 children. Can even add 1 more adult. I got ours with...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alison C,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at Kimberly's spacious premier rooms. Also happy to hear that staff attended to all your needs promptly.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We came here to celebrate my brother's birthday, 3 families occupying 3 rooms for an overnight stay. This property is located at the quiet area of Tagaytay, it has everything our family needed. Great food (we enjoyed the breakfast selection, but for those who woke up late, they didn't get to taste the hot chicken soup!!!), Swimming pool and game room for recreation, a play ground and a mini farm! (Both kids and adults enjoyed a lot). They also have a spacious veranda where we can chat at night.
But when we were on our way home, I noticed a lot of itchy rashes on my arms and faces including my ears, I am aware of my allergic tendencies so I do bring my own soap, shampoo and towel. The only thing I can remember is that there was too much fabric softener both on the pillow and on the blankets. And I thought I was the only one complaining, I noted another family member suffering from the same itchiness and discomfort.
Another downside is the way they clean the rooms, it seems the housekeeping are always in a hurry and forgot to clean the bathroom thoroughly as well as the floor underneath the tables and beds. No wonder all of us were sneezing all the time when we were inside the room. I would have given this a rating of 4 if they had only cleaned the rooms very well.
Lastly, they have courteous staff but they still need training on how to ask if there were extra persons/ breakfast in the group. They had it charged to the room of the other family and it is as if we are not going to pay... that's not our style, we pay for what our family consumed or used. y sister also works in a multinational hotel company and would always feel for the hotel staff, sadly everyone enjoyed except for me and another member of the family who are suffering from allergy until now.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Jen M,

Thank you for your feedback on your family stay with us.

Firstly, I am glad that your family in general liked the hotel facilities and enjoyed their stay with us. We have focused on making Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay the family destination of choice in Tagaytay and are glad to hear whenever guests compliment us on this. We periodically offer great deals for family groups which you and your family may be interested in. You can follow us on Facebook (search "Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay") or call us directly to find out what is available on offer.

I'd like to sincerely apologize for the delay in this reply as I had to investigate some of the areas of concern that arose from your review. I would also like to apologize if our room attendant had not cleaned the rooms to your standards. I have since talked to our staff and this will not happen again. Most of our reviews compliment us on the hotel's cleanliness so this will definitely be addressed immediately. I am also sorry if you have rashes along with another family member. The hotel has used the same laundry services provider for several years and this is the first time I've come across such a case. Nevertheless we've brought this to their attention. Should you plan on returning, may I respectfully suggest inform us in advance so we can ensure your linens will be specially handled as it sounds like you suffer from allergens and I certainly want you to enjoy your stay!

I do hope the above doesn't prevent you from returning again to stay with us at Kimberly Tagaytay. We look forward to having you again with improved services on your next stay.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Honestly this place is good with small children. Their free breakfast and kids eat free, is tremendously a big help wuth those that have bug family w lots of small kids. Kuddos ti the Chef and to Mr.Chito who works at the pool so patiently watching small childrenvery helpful and very Courteous, as well. thank you all stuff at Kimberly Hotel see you next year.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear rcazeau,

Thank you for your feedback on your family vacation in Tagaytay. Yes we do our best to make our hotel as kid-friendly as possible for families to enjoy and bond. I am personally very glad to hear your review reflect this. Your comments on great service is also very much appreciated - I will certainly extend your compliments to Chef and Chito. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Natalie Ng

Been to Hotel Kimberly? Share your experiences!