We stayed for three nights in Bagan Hotel River View. Since the hotel was part of a package deal, I do not know how much we paid per night (though overall and from what I understood, hotel prices in general were absurdly high this Christmas season).
Overall impression: Lovely, especially owing to its location
• Location: Close to the museum and right in the middle of the historical site
• Lovely hotel grounds (with two temples), next to the river
• Very polite and friendly staff
• Free (but wanky) wifi in lobby (not in rooms)
• Spacious rooms and spacious bathroom
• Complimentary toiletries, sufficient towels
• Friendly staff (but a bit slow)
• Lovely for sunset views
• Fridge, TV
• Some good dinner options, but a bit expensive (only few options for vegetarians)
• Breakfast is ok (the omelet is good)
• You can walk to some restaurants (Sarabha), it’s about 20 minutes, but make sure you have a torch with you since it’s very dark – other than that, it’s perfectly safe
• Staff tends to be noisy in the corridors early in the morning, disregarding the fact that people might be sleeping at 5 am.
• Only limited choices for vegetarians (and are not pointed out on menu)
• Drinks served at bar are in mini-format (and not very good either) – bar closes at 23:00, so there’s nothing else to do but go to bed after that; no happy hour
• Bathrooms need refurbishing
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bagan Hotel River View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River View Hotel Bagan
- River View Bagan