“Eddies Homestay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eddie's Homestay

Eddie's Homestay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banda Aceh
Eddie's Homestay
Lhoknga-Lampuuk, Banda Aceh, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Banda Aceh B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Eddies Homestay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Large clean open airy house,great food and good hosts,short walk to the beach to go kitesurfing,flatwater and waves,good for riding motorbike down the coast,cheap rooms $5 -$15,cable TV with large flat screen TV and good fast wifi

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

With a group friends we arrived in Lhoknga not knowing where we were we were going to stay. After having had a look around we decided to stay with Eddie because it was clean, spacious, good food and drinks and fast internet and we were not disappointed. We had a great time! Looking backwards and talking with the others about it, Eddie's place made a real difference to our holiday and it are Eddie and Dani who make the place.

Eddie and Dani care about the people staying with them and they go a long way to make you feel at home, safe and healthy. When I had some serious surfing rashes he offered and he got me fresh Aloe Vera (of the good kind) every day. And it wasn't next door where he had to go to get it...

They are great guys and great hosts and care about their guests and the place resembles it.

Recommend it!

Klaas

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

What shall I say, seriously, that stay at Eddie’s was one of my best vacations ever!

Me and my sister arrived in Banda Aceh without any plan and asked the taxi driver to bring us to a nice and cheap hostel in Lhoknga, 45 minutes later we were standing in front of Eddie’s.

I really find it difficult to see Markus’ point, because we felt extremely comfortable so that we even changed our plans and extended our stay there.
Eddie and Dani, two brothers who turned the Tsunami tragedy into a chance and started that homestay, are extremely friendly and warmhearted persons. They are happy when their guests are happy. I also find it not expensive at all, it’s clean, food is homemade and super delicious.

I really don’t know what else to add, but that I had a really great time and definitely will come back. Therefore I can only highly recommend Eddie’s homestay to everyone, who is an easygoing, open and friendly person – you will not be disappointed :-)

Cheers from Munich,
Lisa

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, Nederland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this homestay, it has great atmosphere, nice food and nice people. I was there for 3 weeks and was the only non-surfer. Still it was nice to hang around with other surfers/guests. I had such a good time and did see a lot of the beautiful area. You can go to several nice place in the area and also to several beaches/ I also went a lot to Banda Aceh with the motorbike, it's half an hour. The small village of the homestay it's really nice and quiet. The homestay has really great value. They rooms are very diverse, with fan or airco, with private bathroom or shared. So you can always pick one that's great for your budget. I think Eddie and Dani are really great hosts. I didn't have the same experience as the guy in the last review. I really hope to be back one day!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Mui ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Clean friendly. Helpful. Foods great nothing's a problem. English speaking close to the beach. Great value for money we arrived not knowing where to go all we wanted was a clean place close to a kitesurfing beach we were recommended from a taxi driver I never trust the taxi drivers but for once 12$ from the airport we found one of the best guest houses we,ve stayed in .

Room Tip: U get what u pay for from $5 to $15. There all clean
y
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

very friendly family homestay. good family dinners, breakfast, lunch. nice rooms and garden, shed with hammocks, confortable. aircon and fan rooms. shared and private bathrooms. some boards and motorbikes for rent. 5 min by foot from the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, Nederland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place is run by two brothers, Eddie and Dani. They are running the best guest house in the village of Lhoknga, walking distance from some of the nicest surfing spots in Aceh. We spent a few week here with them and had a great time. The house is work in progress, but the rooms are great value, the atmosphere is lovely and the brothers and their family are very friendly. There are some restaurants around, but we preferred their fantastic family diners, together with other guests, mostly surfers. They also rent out motorbikes, so besides surfing, we saw a lot of the beautiful surroundings. Oh, and very nice; they have wifi too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Eddie's Homestay? Share your experiences!