“Would go for a second time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Linda's Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banda Aceh
Linda's Homestay
You added Linda's Homestay to your Saves list
Jln. Rahmat No. 3 | Lambhe Barat, Banda Aceh, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Banda Aceh B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kajang, Malaysia
“Would go for a second time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

the room is clean, the toilet is clean too.. have a very quality sleep..the location itself is in a small town of Ketapang,outskirt of Banda Aceh.. there's KFC, several atm maschine, coffeshop(must have Kopi Sanger). not that faraway form city centre..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Preparing my trip to Sumatera i discovered the advises on this web site and as i had to go to Banda Aceh, i wanted to check by myself if these advises were deserved.

I wanted to stay two or three nights and finaly stayed six nights !!!

Why ? Because i had a very good feeling of the place, Linda is a mine of informations about her city she likes so much. She helped me to discover the town not as a turist but as a local.

Banda Aceh is peaceful and deserves to be discovered, the people don't try to disturb you by trying saling you things or trying to get money from you, the Acehnese people are proud and respectfull. Many people are afraid because they heard about Charia, but no problems, Banda Aceh is opened minded and women don't have to wear Jilbab unless they want to visit Mosquees.

Thanks to Linda i was introduced in Acehnese family and discovered things i would never had discovered by myself as tourist.

She also made me discover the best places to drink the famous Coffee Luwak, simply the best coffee in the World, the prices in Banda Aceh are less expensive than in Jakarta, so i bought some.

She also made me discover the Acehnese food, and especially some local desserts, greats!!!

She also can give cooking teachings and organises city tours, pick you up from the airport and drop you to the harbor for linking Sabang.

I wanted to stay several days in Sabang but as i already know wonderfull islands and beaches from my trips all over the world, i prefered to come back to the wondefull colonial house of Linda to have some rest and melt my self to local Acehnese life style.

Thanks again to Linda, by choosing her place you will right and won't be disappointed.

PS : Best regards from Carme to her son Tuggu, a smart guy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Wamboin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Its very hard to do a review when you haven't experienced other places in an area. Linda's is clean and has air conditioning, wifi and tv. The beds are comfortable, but depending on which room you choose, you may be using a mattress on the floor. Linda is a very friendly and helpful lady who lost some of her family, including her mother, in the tsunami. She was prepared at take us to the airport at short notice, which involved getting up at 4am. However, people need to be aware of a few things. In our experience she is not a great cook and there are limited eating options nearby (although there is a good KFC). The 2 bedrooms in the house share a bathroom and there is no hot water - but that's not a big issue in the climate. No sheets or other bedclothes were provided for the second bed - but we did find them in the other unoccupied room. There are no chairs or tables in the room so you sit on the beds and put your stuff on the floor. The outside room has its own bathroom but it has a squat toilet and no shower - you bathe with a large scoop. It appears she is quite expensive by local standards, but that wasn't an issue for us. All in all, a pleasant and safe place to stay as long as you don't expect too much.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at all 3 rooms and the toilet/shower options.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

On our way back from Pulau Weh Linda picked us up from the ferry terminal. We stayed one night in the room in the back as we wanted extra beds (family of 4). This room was pretty basic, with squat toilet and no shower, but I believe that the other rooms are more 'westernised'. This is very much a homestay as we shared meals with Linda, met her son, and was told her personal story. Linda ended up as our tour guide (she charges per hour) which made seeing the various sights easy and straight forward. We were also lucky enough to be 4 out of 5000 guests at a wedding of an important person. Very special.
A couple of reviews saying that she is quite pricy and I suppose it is all relative. I did not find Aceh as a whole very cheap (used to KL prices), but we ended up spending about MYR300/$100 at Linda's and this included room, b'fast, dinner, city tour and ferry & airport shuttle. e-mail adr; lindahomestay@yahoo.com

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed 1 night at Linda's Homestay on our way to Sabang Island, mainly based on other people's reviews on Tripadvisor.
She is a friendly and nice lady but she didnt pick us up from the airport as arranged and we waited for her for nearly 1 hour.
She said she was apparently waiting for us in domestic arrivals area even though we clearly advised her we would be coming international.
It was a stressful start and fortunately I had another contact who came and picked us up 1 hour later and took us to her place. While possibly an innocent mistake, its not a nice feeling to be all on your own in the Arrivals area with no one else and its getting dark.

Anyway, the rest of the stay was fine. Id say her services are quite expensive but you do get personalised service. Just make sure you double check with her regarding your arrival at the airport if you want her to pick you up.

Room Tip: Double check your arrival details with Linda.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
lethbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Linda replied promptly to our request to stay with her and welcomed my husband and I as part of the family when we arrived. She is a very busy lady, maintaining a beautiful home herself, plus her job with a local radio station and entertaining her guests. Nothing was too much for her as she accommodated all our requests re food and places to visit.
She accompanied us to the Tsunami museum, which must have been difficult and very emotional for both her and us, as she lost most of her family who were all gathered for her father's funeral at that time.
We were both sad to leave, after being treated so well.
For European breakfast toast, local Aceh coffee - delicious - and fruit. Traditional Indonesian fare for dinner ( 70,000 rupiah).
She charges100,000 rupiah/ hour for city tour - a list of charges are on a white board in the garage,so charges are no surprise.
We would definately recommend Linda's Homestay for anyone visiting Banda Aceh

• Stayed September 2013
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed one night with Linda on my way to Pulau Weh. She was a great hostess and I would recommend staying with her. She's not the cheapest, but if you're not on a shoestring budget, she sure is worth it.

She picked me up from the airport and made me dinner at her house when I arrived. Fabulous home made Indonesian food, she's a great cook and might even start her own restaurant in the future. Her house is big and lovely. I got my own room with attached bathroom. The bathroom had a door to another room, but since it wasn't occupied, she locked it from the inside so only I could access the toilet. The room was also big and very nice.

The next day she took me on a city tour to see the Tsunami Museum, the "flying boat" and the generator ship that stranded several kilometres from shore. She had some contacts that even let me in although the place was officially closed. We had lunch in town and at the end she dropped me off at the harbour and helped me to get the ferry tickets.

Linda is a fabulous person and takes very good care of her guests.

For me as a backpacker it was perhaps a bit pricey as she charges extra for all transports, dinners and city tours, but I still think I got value for my money and wouldn't have had such a good experience of Banda Aceh staying at an "ordinary" hotel.

Room Tip: Apparently she also has another room in a separate building. Check to make sure you have room in the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Linda's Homestay? Share your experiences!