“Feel Homey” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Pontianak

You added Mercure Pontianak to your Saves list
Mercure Pontianak
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Jendral Ahmad Yani No. 91 | West Kalimantan, Pontianak 78124, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Pontianak
Pontianak, Indonesia
“Feel Homey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is second time for me having business trip to Pontianak, and first time to stay at Mercure Hotel after receiving some recommendation from colleagues. It is proved, Mercure can get my expectation for good sleep, good food and great experience. I feel homey here. All staff are friendly. Sahur menu are great, while normally in some hotels they only provide limited menu for Sahur.I also noticed, Mercure also do care to the environment. I see everyday some children (i assume from orphanage) having breakfasting with some manager. This is an awesome activity. Bravo to Mercure Hotel Pontianak.

Room Tip: guest room with number 21. like room 221 (Planet 21" )
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MercurePontianak, General Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Mrs. Siti Kolamasari,

It is a pleasure to read your satisfied experience shown by your review to Mercure Pontianak. I believe that you notice with our program it is because you care and we are very pleasant to know you are happy to stay with us.

I will pass this information to all management team and staff, in order to motivate them. And I look forward to receive you coming to Mercure Pontianak and stay with us for the third time, and so on.

Mercure Pontianak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I travelled to Pontianak every year as it is my hubby's hometown and I always choose to stay in Mercure. The location is great! 15mins drive from the airport and 5 mins walk to Ayani Mall. Service is great as usual, the hotel staffs usually meet my expectation. Not sure if it is due to my frequent visits but they seems to know which room I want and what I need :). Please do note that, not all the staffs can speak English very well. In fact, most of them are not very well verse in English but it was acceptable. I have an Indonesian hubby so I most definitely put him into good use. Rooms are nice, modern interior, spacious and clean. I've stayed in both Deluxe and Superior room before and I will recommend the Deluxe King. Pool is small but nice and clean. Food is average.

Most of the hotels in Pontianak are in Jalan Flamboyan area and it is very far from the mall and the place is kind of... messy. The traffic condition in that area is not very fantastic but as for eateries, there are plenty of food in the area. It is not very far from Mercure as well... about ... 15 mins drive. So, I will still recommend Mercure as it is very convenient. Be sure to try Pondok Ale Ale in the mall.... very nice food. Es teler is very nice as well. Of course, nothing beats the street food :))

Room Tip: Rooms in 6th and 7th floor has better WIFI connection.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Ashura Sylviane,

Please receive my gratitude to you and your husband for Mercure Pontianak has been chosen as your second home in Pontianak.

We notice about your attention about our staff services such their ability to speak to you as our guest in secondary language (English) and this information help us to do our next action with a purpose to gain their ability.

We hope that in your next visit to Mercure Pontianak, you will find the satisfaction and meet your expectation at all area including the foods, for the quality and quantity of the food are well known as the best one in town.

Thank you for your time and wish you a great day.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Today i'm breakfast at Ebony Restaurant (inside the Mercure Hotel), nothing special with taste. The rooms so standard. But this hotel not to far from Mega Mall in Pontianak. so you can walk to go that Mall. I think this situation is for business trip, but i'm not recommended for the couple who wants to honeymoon. So.....make it ur own choise

• Stayed June 2013
MercurePontianak, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear our valuable Guest Mr.Fnras,

We are grateful to read your review and Thank you for giving your time to tell us know what did you feel about our service during your stay.

Your comment about our food at the restaurant on breakfast time, is one of our concern to be share with our team in-charged in the food & beverages. To satisfying our guest, we will do improvement on the food variety and quality and taste. This is very rare for us where most of our guest love our breakfast, but of course this will make our management team work on it to create more delicious food that you can taste at any time you back to our hotel.

Thank you and we look forward to see you in the near future.
Yours faithfully,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed over for one night at the Mercure while passing through Ponti.
The hotel was very comfortable with modern rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was live music (it was Friday night) in the foyer which was nice to have a night cap to. Very close to the airport, an great eating and shopping options right next door in Mega Mall.
I would recommend!

• Stayed May 2013
MercurePontianak, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Harriet B,

Greetings from the Equator city,

We are happy to receive your feedback and more than happy to know that you are satisfied with our service and it is great to be noticed also that our hotel had been recommended by you. Thank you very much for your compliment, and I will share this to all the staff in the General Meeting. I believe this will motivate them to give better service to all of our guest.

Then, it will be our pleasure to welcoming you again in the nearest visit to Pontianak. Have a good day.

Faithfully,
Bandung
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very good service, interior and design....and delicious food.
I really enjoyed to stay @ mercure hotels. you dont need go to anywhere to find comfortable.
the hotels is near from mall that you can find anything. just walk.
My rooms is very nice with great design interiors.
So i reccommend to stay at Mercure for the best sleep in Pontianak

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MercurePontianak, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Rully,

On behalf of the management and General Manager of Mercure Pontianak Hotel, I would like to thank you for the compliment and recommendation, especially your time to share the experience in this website, and I hope our future guest can also experience the same as you.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the nearest time of your visit in Pontianak.

Kindest regards,
Pontianak, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I decided to take my family to this hotel for a weekend getaway. Overall, we were quite satisfied with this hotel. But there are 2 cons, the service of the Ebony Restaurant and housekeeping.

Ebony Restaurant's service is really bad. It happened 2 months ago. We were supposed to dine in, but in the end, we decided to 'doggy bag' our meals. It all started when we first ordered the dishes, we asked for a Balinese dish called Bebek Betutu (Betutu Duck). Then waiter took our orders. After a while, we realised that the waiter did not ask us which part of the duck we wanted, as we could only eat the thigh, and not the breast part. So we called the waiter again, and asked him to check which part of the duck they got for us. The waiter went to the kitchen and then came back and told us that they got the duck breast for us. So we politely asked them to change to duck thigh. They refused because they have already cooked the dish. So we got really disappointed. We blamed them for not asking us, and they didnt want to admit their mistake and still refused to change to duck thigh. So, we doggy bagged our dishes and eat them back home.

The housekeeping department need a lot of improvements. We got 2 rooms which are connected. We put out the 'Please make up the room' sign in the morning. When we came back in the afternoon, the room still hasnt been made up. Then At 15:00, they knocked on our door and wanted to clean the room. We refused because the kids were still sleeping. In the evening, we took the kids to the mall situated just next to the hotel. We expected the room to be made up when we got back. We got back at 21:00 and they were cleaning up the rooms. Boy, did they do bad job. They kind of rushing through (I know this because they forgot to put 2 complimented mineral water bottles in one of the rooms). The floor was still dirty, so my wife took the broom from the housekeeper and cleaned one of the rooms. I took pictures of my wife cleaning the room, just in case if no one believes me.

Other than those 2 cons, we enjoyed ourselves in this hotel. Highspeed data access, friendly staff, and it is right next to the mall. A weekend well spent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MercurePontianak, General Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

I’d like to take this opportunity to express our sincere apology in-regards with your bad experience that you had during your stay as mentioned in your comment. We did investigation deeply to our staff in Food & Beverages Department related to the inappropriate services, and take action to enhance the staff ability, attentiveness, and personality in service our guest. With hope, by doing training and practices, they will eager to provide better service in a future.

We did the same also to Housekeeping Department, when we found out the history of your case, we instructed to the staff, supervisor, and manager of the department to re-check the log book and improve the workflow in order to get into detail, learned from your experience. We realize that we need to improve and notice our guest’s requests. So, if you feel or probably you have something to say in personal to me, you are more than welcome to contact me through e-mail: gm@mercurepontianak.com and we will go deeply with your case, in a purpose to ensure that your satisfaction will bring you back to our hotel again and we will serve you so much better.

Dona Yohana

Been to Mercure Pontianak? Share your experiences!