“Average level hotel, but worth enough for the rate!” 3 of 5 stars

Orchardz Hotel Gajahmada
Jl. Gajah Mada No.99 | Kalimantan Barat, Pontianak 78122, Indonesia   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Pontianak
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
“Average level hotel, but worth enough for the rate!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

the price is not too expensive, but the only good thing for me is the location, which is strategist enough and you can find some night entertainment near the location.. the service and breakfast is fair enough.. You can find street food around hotel..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
gatot a, Manager at Orchardz Hotel Gajahmada, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Octavianus I,

Thank you for your review to our hotel.
We keep making progress for our human resources development and hotel facilities as well.Once again, thank you for your review and we do look forward to have your next room reservation.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

the hotel is located right in the middle of food paradise and walking distance from all types of food. best food in pontianak is the beef kwetiau. mark my works for it cause apollo is the best since 1860. the hotel is quiet old but well maintained. comes with all the wifi and cable vision. enjoyed my stay and the staff at front office are very friendly and helpful. one note, getting anywhere in ponti is quite difficult cause very little taxi and the rates are flat at 60.000-80.000 anywhere. so best to go visit a friend there and he or she can bring u around.

Room Tip: always choose the ones with windows
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Zoiks t,

Warmest greetings from Orchardz Hotel Gajahmada Pontianak, West Kalimantan.
Thank you for your review to our hotel and we do look forward to have your next room reservation.

Kuching, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Room is just the right size, most of the amenities is provided for. The hotel is situated at Gajah Mada Road which is accessible to shopping malls and restaurants.. And being on one of the busiest street, you will be able get to see the normal night out there.

Room Tip: Any room would be ideal..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Fsenada,

Thank you for your review to our hotel.
We keep making progress for our hotel facilities for our guest satisfaction.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is our 4th time. But we never booking Suite Room until now. And after trip from Singkawang, we checked-in to our suite room. I was amazed. The room is so big. The living room is so cozy, the bed is gigantic hahahaha and we had our first whirlpool moment in the bathroom :D
The breakfast was great too. Not too many choices but delicious enough. But I think they need to add some staffs, since there's no one greeted us when we came to the restaurant.
The location is the best. You can find good food outside. Walking distance to great places to eat.
The wifi was not good. In the room, we only can use the internet while in the living room. If we moved to bedroom, the wifi's off :(
But overall, we had great time there :D
Definitely will spend nites there when we go to Pontianak again :D

Room Tip: You should try the Suite Room. Private and very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mrs. Yenny,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Clean, relatively new hotel in the central of Pontianak. Lots of shops to visit and see surrounding the hotel. I am a non smoker getting a smoking room, so I bought the locally produced mandarin I got from the roadside stalls. Had some of the mandarin and used the peel to neutralize the smell of the room. Ended up getting quite a descent sleep during the trip. I would recommend anyone to call the hotel first and ask for discount directly from the hotel before purchasing room voucher.I used the hotel voucher, and my room had no view besides walls.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
adithraharjo, Manager at Orchardz Hotel Gajahmada, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments at Trip advisor, we appreciate for choosing Ochardz Hotel Gajahmada Pontianak as your accommodation during your visit, it is true that many guest said, our hotel is the best locations in Pontianak due to just walking distance Gajahmada food street, business district and entertainment spot in the city

I regrets to read your comments regarding the rooms which smell cigarette and also you have had the room with no windows. please be advised that we have non smoking floor available in the hotel, and our standard room with no window, while the superior, deluxe, executive and suite, there are a window to see the beautiful scenery of the city . however I am apologize to make your experience during your stay with us was not as expected .

Again, we appreciate receiving your feedback as it enables us to focus our continuous improvement. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Orchardz Hotel Gajahmada - Pontinak, Indonesia in the near future

Kind regards
Adith RAHARJO
Area General Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I would like to share my experience of which me and my parent stayed for 2 nights
(23 -25/03/2012) Room 522(Superior room) & 424 (Deluxe room)

Kindly see details below:-

Positive:-
1. Strategic location & walking distance to few Food & Beverage outlet, ATM bank machine, Pharmacy, Supermarket.
2. I learned different language from various country for "Selamat Makan" in french: bon apetit, in Portuguese: ate manjaro, in mentawai: sitakam mukom etc

Negative:-
Room 522
1. No greeting by the host upon entering to the hotel lobby as well as hotel receptionist.
2. Check in Process was slow and no room ready upon arrival (have to wait for 40 minutes)
3. After waited for about almost 1 hour, I approached the reception counter and again have to wait standing at the counter for 6 minutes just to get the room key and breakfast coupon. WHY? Only one lady receptionist busy entertained other guys.
4. Got the room key, went up to the room and ohhhhh myyyy!!!!! The room extremely bad & heavy smoking smell. Poor housekeeping standard.
5. Stink smell (cigarette smell & perfume smell from previous guest) from the bed duvet. Worst found yellowish stains on the duvet. Gosh!!!
6. Substandard guest amenities such as easily broken pieces of bath soap, only one toothbrush even though with two twin bed.
7. Bathroom wall so obviously seen dark colour grouting & shower glass with water marks not been cleaned well enough.
8. Not sound proved, easily heard people talking outside the hallway.

Room 424
1. Air condition remote control not working/malfunction & no cover to cover up the battery (expose the battery)
2. Only one pillow per bed where else in lower category room (superior have 2 pillows per bed)
3. Hand basin pipe nozzle leaking and hard to turn off.
4. Shower nozzle hot/cold water indicator wrongly shown. Hot:blue & Red:cold. (I turn to the blue highest and burn my skins cause it hot water came out but it should be cold water)
5. Not sound proved, we can hear people showering next door and people talking outside the hallway or guest corridor.
6. 3 times told the receptionist to informed on "Make up room" - slow response time.

Ritz Cafe/Breakfast time
1. No staff stand by at around 6. 40am even been told their breakfast will be ready as early as 5am.
2. Poor breakfast quality (tasteless fried noodles, no refill of white bread, slow refill for banana fritters)
3. Found ants in the sugar container on the table.
4. Fried chicken too dried and tasteless.
5. Staff not courteous, no excuse me when wanted to clear off my plate.
6. Porridge not hot enough.
7. Staff lacking understanding of English language

Check out experience:-
1. I have to wait for few minutes because the receptionist not around or at the counter and the security informed me to wait for a while.
2. Poor customer service and no apologize to me as I have to wait to check out.

This would be my first and the last time stay in this hotel and I hope with this comments, the hotel will improve their services and increase their standard. I sincerely hope the management will train well all their staff from the bellboy, receptionist, housekeeping staff, waiter as well as the chef. The room rate was not worthy at all as I stayed before in similar 3 star hotel in sarawak and I still prefer the hotel in sarawak. The price is expensive with the kind of standard this hotel delivered to the guest. One more most important things was I and my parent don't have good night sleep as there often noises from the people walking along the hallway or corridor (not carpeted) talking and we also can hear guest next room talking or in the washroom flushing too. (bad experience)

Room Tip: No tip from me
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear CosyTraveller74,

Warmest greetings from Orchardz Hotel Gajahmada Pontianak, West Kalimantan.
Thank you for your kindness giving us your correction and review to make us better
in day to day operation as well.
We do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.
We have develop our human resources and increasing our hotel facilities as well.
Thank you for your review and we do look forward to have your next room reservation at
Orchardz Hotel Pontianak, West Kalimantan.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

There are two OrchardZ in Potianak and this one is new - probably opens only few weeks ago as the paint spell is still evidence. While it is located behind a (brand new) shopping mall, because it is away from the town, it is relatively quiet at night. Nonetheless, it is okay for a night since the downtown OrchardZ was fully booked.

The hotel has a large open air carpark so for those who drive, this would be a plus.

So far everything seems to work, including the bathroom. Water is hot although the control direction seems a little odds and it took a while for me to avoid being burnt by boiling water!

Room Tip: Level six seems good. The room I stayed, 618 is near the lift, yet it is quiet, although the hotel i...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
adithraharjo, Manager at Orchardz Hotel Gajahmada, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Sir .

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments
You are right that now we have two orchardz hotel in the city, orchardz hotel gajahmada is located at the prime location gajahmada street, while orchardz hotel ayani very close to shopping mall. both hotels are under one roof of orchardz hotels group

We apologize after learning your comments that the rooms still paint smell at that time, this is due to the hotel has just opened end of December 2012, but however we keep improving to all facilities to ensure our guest receive the utmost attention to detail.

We thank you for your comments, and look forward to welcoming you back to orchardz hotel in the near future .

Best Regards
Adith RAHARJO
Area General Manager

Been to Orchardz Hotel Gajahmada? Share your experiences!