“Not a good experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Shaans

You added Hotel Shaans to your Saves list
Hotel Shaans
No-19, Thennur High Road | Thennur, Tiruchirappalli 620017, India   |
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Tiruchirappall...
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Having stayed in a several hotels in Trichy, this was by far the worst experience. The single rooms I was shown before moving there were really dirty (including the bedding which was stained) and the single beds were like rocks, so I asked to upgrade to a double. Despite having a confirmed booking for 9am, it was 9pm before my room was ready. Another room was found, but I couldn't move into that one because "the telephone isn't working". I assured the staff I didn't need a telephone, but was then told the bathroom was dirty. Eventually I got into my room at 9pm. My room had an internal door to the next room and one night there appeared to be a party on in the adjoining room. The TV was on full volume and people were rattling on the integral door handle. Despite complaining to the staff, nothing was done. When I returned from work the TV was still on full blast and this again continued overnight. As nothing was done again about my neighbours, I moved hotels.

The restaurant suddenly closed without any notice so I was not able to get any food, although I eventually persuaded staff to provide me with breakfast in the lobby. The rooms were not cleaned unless you specifically asked them to be and my towel was so old and stained, I went and bought my own.

All in a really poor experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for the review. I understand you have left our Hotel a little disappointed in spite of our sincere efforts to do our best. However I am compelled to correct a few things. You had asked for a deluxe room. Immediately on arrival same type of room was allocated to you and it was a double room only but the bed was not so soft as you expected it to be,probably. Next grade i.e a super deluxe room was shown to you to feel the softness level of the bed in that room. Please remember that room was shown and not yet ready(we did not want it to be allocated without being fully cleaned). Hence we requested you to wait for some time. In the mean time you had some work outside and when you came back in the night we could allocate the room and you occupied the same. We take maximum efforts to keep every one of our rooms serviced everyday. Still small deficiencies could have been noticed by the guests and escaped our eyes. There is nothing like single room or double room in our hotel. one of the interconnected rooms was given to you and in the next room two business executives stayed and it seemed there was t.v. sound from the adjoining room disturbing you. My executives approached both of you and trying to organise shifting one of you and then you know what happened. However I met you in person to make suitable amends. However we fully understand the feelings and you have contributed to the awareness and alertness of the executives and staff involved. We fully appreciate your view that everything should be 100% perfect. We also try our best to improve our services to match the expectations of guests like you thank you and awaiting to serve you in the near future. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

During our recent visit to Trichy we stayed in this hotel and it proved an excellent place to stay.It is conveniently located for shopping.Rooms are clean.Very good service at the hotel restaurent. Taste was excellent.Complemetary breakfast was good.The staff is extreamly friendly and always cheerful.Hotel continues to improve and the management is helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your very positive and appreciative review. Look forward to serving you again and again. Thank you once again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This Hotel offers a decent accommodation at a reasonable cost. A restaurant and car park provides the necessary facilities along with a free Wi-Fi in the lobby area. The management is very supportive to the staff and the guests providing a friendly and family atmosphere. The hotel continues to improve and increase facilities to the guests. They do truly listen to any feedback and keen to implement change that will give guests more comfort and variety. They help their guests with bookings on their trips and give information and guidance as necessary. This Hotel in my opinion is a rising star, soon will become a preferred location for visitors on business as well as leisure. My wife and I stayed here for a week during late January 2013 and enjoyed their hospitality very much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much sir for your very encouraging and positive review. We will do our best to improve further. Hoping to get more and more opportunities to serve you in future.
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Hotel has been revamped and has a new look. Much different from what I had seen it the last time. The Lobby is spacious and done up well. The lifts are not cranky as before. The underground parking also gives ample space preventing drivers from crowding on the road.

Room Tip: Good for business stay. It offices are near Thillainagar, then this is best place to stay. Quite clo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear sir, Thank you sir for your review. It gives immense encouragement to improve our service in the days to come. We assure you of our best services.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I were enroute to Kodaikanal and had to pitstop at Trichy for the night. Hotel Shaans was something that caught my eye when I was browsing for hotels the previous day. The hotel did not disappoint, if you ask me. Rooms were neat, spacious and with a really comfortable bed. The hotel also has a restaurant (Thaai) from where we ordered dinner. Quantity and taste was good. The only disappointment was the hot water. The shower pipe was broken and we had to settle for cold water, considering the fact that it was winter. Breakfast was good though there were not too many options. Overall, I would say a little overhauling and minor fixes required. Other than that I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you very much sir for your review on trip advisor. We will strive to serve our guests better in future also.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

rooms were clean and nice. the room service was not good though. attitude of the staff was helpful, renovation being done hindered some movement...location is good with sufficient options of restaurants around if you don't want to get stuck to the in-house place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
svmuthuram, General Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you dear Guest for your response about our Hotel Shaans on trip advisor. We will continue to work better to improve our services to our guests like you in future also.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Managing Director
M/s Hotel Shaan
Trichy

I am a frequent official traveler where Trichy is Not an exception across TN. I am on fix on my stay at Trichy and recently happened to board at your Hotel due to an Official Program. I Occupied in the Single Occupancy Category.

The very worst experience I ever faced in the recent years

What would a Guest expects if he pays Rs. 1400/- for a Single Day Stay at HOTEL ? Could you please come across with your note if you are a serious hotelier ?

1. The Uncleaned Wash Room ( Only Sticker Strip was Placed to show the New Guest )
2. A Television in a Bad Working Condition : No Clarity | No Channels | A Repaired one
3. Was that an Air Conditioner or a Generator inside the Room - Too Noisy
4. No Room Service - House Keeping : The Receptionist, himself taken me to the Floor by carrying my baggage

4. The Final and the worst part of my experience was inside the Restaurant. There were 3 Floor Manager ( Order Takers ) during the Lunch hours. An Elder Man with Dark Complexion with little bald head was the one with ill treating attitudes.

The Tall & Fair and the other man with sliding walk style were not related with this e mail

He did not consider my waiting for a long while though he noticed and called by me. Many times the serving boys approached him and alerted about my comment, even then he was motionless. He works on the Floor for to gain Guests TIPS only. He chooses the Guests and Tables to work less and more Tips.

I bet the Hotel Management that you would loose an average of 2 Guests ( Customers ) like me by this sort of ill treating and Bad Customer Handling Attitude Staff Members. You may shut down your restaurant very soon if you have staff members like this.

Take Care of your Guests !!

The Right Man for the Right Job is More Important !

Regards

Room Tip: Choose NO Air Conditioner Rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
svmuthuram, Manager at Hotel Shaans, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor about Hotel Shaans. I can fully understand ur feelings from the way u have chosen to express ur dissatisfaction. We were also equally concerned that a guest like u had to leave the hotel dissatisfied.
We accept that the room occupied by you was old one that required renovation. Unfortunately not waiting for the Bell boy to come, the Front office executive, with all good intention, took u to the room. Since you were already late and were urgently in need of answering the call of nature, Hence he took you to the nearest available room. But, our Front office Executive did not make this point clear to you nor made sure that you were smoothly moved in to one of the 56 new rooms with all modern amenities. Probably after a little while checked in, you left for the days work. The clarity in TV was poor as the service provider had some difficulty on that particular day. As i had mentioned you earlier the other complaint about the noise in the Air-conditioner also could have been avoided if our Receptionist & House Keeping Supervisor had taken proper care to see that you were settled in an updated room. Last part of your comment was on one of our restaurant supervisors of his indifferent attitude towards selected customers, has been taken up in the right sense.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused and I hope you would not hesitate to give us an opportunity to make proper amends for the same in our mutual interest..

Been to Hotel Shaans? Share your experiences!