“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 217 Reviews
Prague
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed in the hotel in February 2010. It is a pleasant place to stay, right in the city. The staff is friendly, however, their english is poor.
The rooms were comfortable, wifi available.
the reason why I stayed in another hotel next time is the location. It was too far from the place I commuted.
I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Probably exactly what you'd expect from a big hotel in China - a decent room in a decent location with absolutely no soul whatsoever. In December 2011 this was definitely a hotel of 2 halves - wing A was recently refurbished, looked very nice, and was more expensive than the older, shabbier wing B. Make sure you know which one you're getting when you book! Also, the hotel advertises smoke-free floors, and we'd requested a non-smoking room, but the room we were initially given absolutely stank of smoke - a big problem when you're asthmatic and can't open the windows. After some confusing exchanges with the front desk they did eventually move us to a cleaner-smelling room, but it wasn't easy. Breakfast was an entertainingly odd mix of Chinese and Western dishes, and probably the most fun we had in Nanning, which really does have almost nothing going for it.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We arrived quite late for check in but enjoyed the warm greeting. Room was very comfortable and spacious. Restaurant was 5 stars the food served was delicious. Too bad we didn't stay for long. Check out was quick but only problem was the customer service desk don't speak much english. Will like to come back one day soon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Western Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We arrived via taxi from the bus depot - in our travel clothes. Even so, staff insisted on looking after us as if I was frail in the extreme :) Super comfy room - lots of space and nice sized bathroom. Had dinner at the buffet area and we were again spoiled silly with various chefs insisting we try this, and try this and so on :) All was delicious.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Perth Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

I enjoyed staying at this Hotel. Service, room, Friendly Staff(not much English) resturants all 5 star. Go to the building in front of hotel where all the resturants are and go to the "food street "one. It was a real good way to try street food in one place. you walk around, look at the pictures then tick off what you want. Down side less then 20% writen in English. Room was huge, Close to major shops Warning very few english speaking People and no English signs in Nanning. 4 resturants none with English at all (not at hotel)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I was here with my 20 year old daughter from June 6 to June 9, 2009. It was very spacious, clean and everything works fine. The bed is a little stiff, but that's the same with all the hotels that I've been to in China. The hotel is centrally located and there's a Walmart, Kentucky Fried Chicken, 2 McDonalds and Chinese eateries around. I would advice anybody who book this hotel through a travel website call the hotel up first ( they have people who can speak English) and find out the price. I booked through Expedia and I was slapped a 15% service fee. I didn't argue with them, since it's only an extra US$5.00 per day extra. Or just be prepared to pay 15% extra! Internet connection is free.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

I stayed in the Fortune Tower on the 12th floor of the Nanning Hotel for a week. I have been to China several time in the past few years and my hotel experience here was typical of other hotels in China, nice in some ways, strange in others.

Taxi from the airport - The Taxi ride from the airport is about 30 minutes and costs about 100 RMB.

In the surrounding area within walking distance of the hotel has a lot to offer. For the westerner there is a Wal-Mart across the street, but if you have never been to a Wal-Mart in China, don't expect the same as what exists in the USA. Still it's a lot of fun to see the variety of items.
A McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut are within a five minute walk of less. I didn't eat at the Pizza Hut, but a co-worker had the Hawaiian pizza and said it was okay. The McDonald's and KFC were good. Lots of shopping around, even an under ground mall we stumbled upon.

Room Carpet - Other reviews have mentioned the carpets in the rooms are filthy. I have stayed at more than my fair share of cheap hotels in the states and none have had carpets this bad. I thought I had stumbled across a murder scene Spots and stains everywhere. Thankfully they do provide slippers in the room, however I brought my own. The room smells fine, they just need to rip out the carpet and put in new. A co-worker was in another room on the 11th floor and his carpet was the same.

Bathroom - nice enough but there is a flaw in the design of the shower where it is almost impossible to keep water off the floor. There is a drain in the bathroom floor, so at least the water doesn't stand for long. similar to other hotels in China, for some reason they put a large clear glass window in the bathroom so that anyone in the room can see in. This one did have a roll-up curtain, so you can obtain some privacy. The curtain was well stained. The water quality seems to be good, no green water like I encountered in Shanghai. Water pressure was good and the temperature was never very hot but was adequate.

Breakfast - Breakfast was included in the room price. There is a "western style" restaurant on the 8th floor where there is a breakfast buffet. Very few items on the buffet were what I would call "western" but it was still good. Fried eggs were my staple for this trip.They were good. No bacon or sausage. They did have some pancakes (bad) French toast (bad) Ham, covered in a thick syrup. The only milk was a vat of hot milk, which didn't work well with the small bowl of corn flakes available. I was very happy with the coffee however.

Internet - Internet access was available in the room for about one USD an hour, however we negotiated with the front desk to get it for free. This is not wireless, just a network cable. Not a bad Internet connection. I was able to make my calls back to the United State using Skype software with few dropouts, however a few times on various days I was not able to connect at all.

Television - I didn't watch TV often during my stay, however the TV did have a problem starting. It would make a loud pulsing noise several times in a few seconds before turning on. On a few occasions it would make that noise repeatedly for several minutes and still not turn on.

Beds - Like most beds in hotels in China, they are very, very firm. Do not try to jump into bed, or you will break some bones! Regardless, I slept very well and the bed was comfortable for me. The pillows and sheets were comfortable as well.

Air Conditioning - The air worked well. No complaints.

Even though I have some complaints, over all staying at the Nanning Hotel was a pleasant experience. Some of the issues I have might only be cultural differences.

The bottom line is that if I visit Nanning in the future, I'll stay at this hotel.

• Disliked — The condition of the carpet in the room
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Nanning Hotel? Share your experiences!