“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Guiyang Downtown

You added Hotel Novotel Guiyang Downtown to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Guiyang Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Zhonghua South Road, Nanming District, Guiyang 550001, China   |
Ranked #9 of 502 Hotels in Guiyang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights during Chinese New Year.

The hotel itself looks amazing, the lobby is so grand.

Staff are really helpful. We ordered room service and the breakfast was a bit cold but I don't blame them because the temperature outside the hotel is below 0 and we had ordered lots of food. I accidentally knocked off 2 plates and a cup of coffee and they immediately came to clean it and they made me feel so comfortable as even though I did something wrong, they were still very polite and kind. They also send us back the dishes that I knocked off immediately without charging us extra. We ordered supper in the hotel as well and the food was delicious.

The shower is amazing, it's called the rainforest shower, we stayed in the shower for an hour because it was that nice.

The only negative thing is the central heating was broken when we got there and it was below zero degrees outside so we were freezing! But fortunately they staff got us an external heater which kept us warm all night.

I definitely recommend this hotel to any travelers!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The facilities are first class, the staff is well trained and speakes efficient English. They are also flexible and despite of cancelled reservation in the system due to very late arrival during the night they managed to book me a new room with a very nice upgrade indeed.
The breakfast is also remarkable with a higher portion of Chinese food of course.
The location is really downtown and very close to a popular area for restaurants and bars also frequented by expats.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Guiyang.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here for almost a week and I am checking out tomorrow, I have to say that I really enjoyed the gym and the panoramic view of the room. Plus, their restaurant started a thailand food festival yesterday so I got to taste some really good dishes from this country. They brought up the chefs and even a very pretty musician who plays some kind of harp. A word of warning, some of those dishes are really spicy (I love spicy so no problem for me here). They put up some nice decorations and even got the employees to dress up. The only issue I had was because of the location of the hotel which is right in the middle of downtown, it is practical except when you have to hit the road during the hours of trafic. Be aware of that by planning some time ahead of your outside mettings. I was late two times because of rush hour.

Room Tip: ask for a panoramic view
shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have been there last month for a leisure hnoliday. I was so surprised by the amazing wine bar on the top floor of the hotel.We enjoyed a wonderful night there with very nice wine and romantic music.Will choose this hotel again next time!

Room Tip: king room with city view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had one of the best seafood dinners in my life in Novotel Guiyang last saturday. Fresh, tasty and big variety of food, the Italian wine (for free) was excellent. Thanks to the great service too, I will come again

Sanya, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I went travelling in this forest city. At first, I thought it was not my day with heavy rain, however this hotel changed my feeling. People working there were nice and friendly, they helped me a lot to search the scenic places in Guiyang for me, and provided me an umbrella. For 3 days staying this hotel, each day was around with warm smile and professional service, what a unforgettable trip.

Room Tip: king standard room with one bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I came to Guiyang on business trip days ago, staying in this Novotel makes my trip very easy, It is right in the city business district, very close to our client company, close to the airport, very close to the famous scenery spot, a..n..d just next to many big shopping malls, I also tasted many delicous and spicy food there. I will definitely choose Novotel again for my next trip to Guiyang!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Novotel Guiyang Downtown? Share your experiences!