“Quiet Comfort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Sfax
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Quiet Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Back to Borj Dhiafa after 18 months almost. Still retains the same qualities. Comfortable and large room, clean. Retains an old world charm. It is a bit away from the center of town (at least I think it is!). Has it's pro's and con's. It is easy for me to reach my office avoiding traffic snarls. We had free wi-fi all around the building and I thought it was wonderful. No hassles of a password, and the smart phone was always online. Great!

Very friendly staff too.

I would prefer to have some more choices in the TV channels as well the breakfast menu . In my opinion, for a 5 start hotel, considered the best in SFAX, the choice in food is limited. But I must say that the steak I had the first day was really good. It is good to have some more options on news/movies etc..), especially when you are travelling.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife after using tripadvisor to make the choice. We were not disappointed. Firstly the first impression is fantastic, the exterior and interior of this building is beautifully done. Not only are the rooms great, big airy and spacious, the shower is one of the best l have used in Tunisia!

We only stayed for one night but bumped into a lady that had lived in Sfax for 3 years and advised it was also the best restaurant in Sfax. We have nothing in sfax to compare it to, but the food was fresh, delicious and authentic. Served with a smile.

The health spa is cheap. My wife and l had both had an hour massage for approx 40gbp for the two of us, and it was good!

We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Borj during a business trip to Sfax. Having stayed in some real dumps in Africa, I'm always a bit hesitatant.

But, this large hotel was very pleasant. It's worth mentioning the large indoor pool; guarded entrance and secure car park, spa (which I didn't visit) and smart courtyard surrounded with occasional chairs and waiter service.

Breakfast was ok.
- lunch and dinner excellent.

Rooms are very clean, bed a touch firm (for me at least) but all modern and very good.

Altogether, a good stay easily up to 4 star + European standards.
- only negative was a slightly off hand service from a couple of waiters.

PS - alcohol is of course available in the hotel and throughout Sfax restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The place is okay. I stayed there for a couple of days this week. The place has a more of a big house rather than a big hotel atmosphere. Language was my big issue,as I could not speak French or Arabic,especially in the restaurant! One night they were moving furniture in the middle of night and I could not complain or convince them not to do so in my English!

The breakfast selection was poor with limited selections and I thought not of a five star quality. I tried to convince them not to serve me fish on my salad,but was served it on every day! That was frustrating...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Classy hotel, big rooms, nice decor. Wi-fi is fast.The restaurant is fantastic but only for dinner. It's hard to believe that breaksfast and dinner come from the same kitchen because the breakfast offerings are 3 star at best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tunis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was very pleased with the hotel architucture and decoration. I stayed there with my husband and son for 2 nights. The room was excellent, clean, spacious, with comfortable king size bed, breakfast was good, staff was helpful... Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

During a Tunisian wedding, my seven months old son, my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this jewel for four nights. We had an excellent and spacious room with a balcony, even got a "king size" baby bed for our son. :-) This part of Tunisia is especially well known for its seafood cuisine, and this hotel took this to a culinaric level. Fantastic food; both breakfast, lunch and dinner. Special thanks to Ahmed in the kitchen who provided us with such fantastic "patisserie" for breakfast! :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Borj Dhiafa? Share your experiences!