As our tour guide was diving us up to this hotel suddenly it started to fog up. As we drove higher the fog got thicker and temperature started to drop. Visibility was very poor and we started to shiver in the car. The hotel is up at the rim of the Ngorongoro cater with a spectacular panoramic view of the Crater. But it is soooo cold !! All of a sudden we felt like we were in a ski resort. And the hotel sort of resembles a sky resort lodge. We were not prepared for this sort of cold weather in August in Africa. Our suite was nice with a magnificent view of the crater. Bedroom upstairs seating room downstairs. It was very cold in the rooms and we tried to turn on the heater ,it did not work! We called housekeeping for assistance and we were told the heaters do not work. We were so furious!! There was a big screen TV in the seating room and we tried to turn it on to catch up on the news and so on since we have been on a safari tour for the past 3 days. The TV was blank, it had no reception there for we did not get to watch anything. There was no internet service either. We took hot shower and went to the restaurant for the buffet dinner. The restaurant was full and we had to wait a little while to get a table. Food was good. The hot soup and hot food was a nice relief from the freezing temperature. In the morning the fog was so thick we had zero view of the crater from our balcony. We had early breakfast and went on to visit the Ngorongoro crater. This hotel was fully booked while we were there, therefor there is a sizable revenue .But the shutdown of the heater and TV cable is uncalled for. Truly disappointed. The location of the hotel is great and it has a high potential but the way it is managed is very poor. I would not recommend it. Keep in mind this is an expensive hotel there is no reason for the hotel to be this frugal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge is dramatically perched on the rim of Africa’s Eden, affording unbelievable views plunging down over the crater floor, 7,500 feet above the sea level. The Lodge is elegantly built mainly from natural stone and local wood and timber, harmoniously merging with its natural surroundings, and it is provided with panoramic windows that encompass superb views of the crater’s great bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Hotel Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Conservation Area