Most critical reviews of the Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge focus on the dated decor and the need for updates and modernization. While that might be true - to some extent - I was not there for the decor and I was not planning on spending all my time at the lodge. I was looking for a nice accommodations - clean, comfortable rooms; comfortable bed; clean washroom; ability to recharge my camera and phone; a comfortable place to relax; good selection of dishes at breakfast and dinner - and on all counts, the Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge delivered! Staff are courteous, friendly, and efficient too. And to top it all off, the Lodge provided a view that was second to none in the Conservation Area. Sitting on the edge of the caldera, one got a panoramic view of the caldera floor - from the lounge, restaurant and from every room - with the ability to see animals on the caldera floor with a good set of binoculars. Now you can't beat that! So as a place to rest, relax, recoup before and after a day's adventure in the caldera, the Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge more than delivers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Hotel Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Hotel
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Conservation Area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge is dramatically perched on the rim of Africa’s Eden, affording unbelievable views plunging down over the crater floor, 7,500 feet above the sea level. The Lodge is elegantly built mainly from natural stone and local wood and timber, harmoniously merging with its natural surroundings, and it is provided with panoramic windows that encompass superb views of the crater’s great bowl. ... more less