“Do Yourself a Favor and Stay at Pamoja!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pamoja Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moshi
Pamoja Guesthouse
You added Pamoja Guesthouse to your Saves list
Uru Road | Rau, Moshi, Tanzania   |
Ranked #3 of 27 Moshi B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Do Yourself a Favor and Stay at Pamoja!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed at Pamoja for 2 nights before & two nights after our Kili climb in February 2014. Had a private double room with shared bathroom. Highly recommend! Really comfy beds, clean room and great common amenities. Located about a 20 minute walk outside of Moshi town center, it offers a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle and dust of town. Great value for the price. Also, absolutely amazing staff (Leonie!).

We arrived in Moshi with the plan of climbing Kili, but without having anything booked in advance (other than a night at the Pamoja). We asked staff at Pamoja for input regarding tour operators, since we quickly realized Pamoja staff would be a trusted and unbiased source. They recommended an operator who we went with. Had a great experience and got really competitive pricing compared to other vendors in town. A fantastic recommendation on the part of Pamoja!

One minor thing I have to mention is that there is a sort of pub across the street from Pamoja which has one "party" night per week - Sunday. They play very loud music quite late, which kept my boyfriend up (but I slept comfortably with good earplugs). Again, this is only on Sunday nights. All other nights are extremely quiet, and as long as you have earplugs the discomfort is minor. Even so, I would absolutely stay here again given the option.

In sum, do yourself a favor and book with the Pamoja!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The pamoja guesthouse was a comfortable and welcoming place to stay. I had my own room with bathroom and felt safe and welcomed always. Leonie is the manager (and a volunteer as the proceeds go to the pamoja tunaweza womens centre and clinic) and she is a gem. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Leonie, the manager, was the most hospitable person that I met during a week long stay in Tanzania. As an ex-pat, she has plenty of foreigner-friendly advice, and was an amazing person to get to know. The guesthouse was clean, with large rooms, plenty of hot water, and incredible views of Kilimanjaro from the 2nd floor balcony. My room came with a well-maintained bug net and very comfortable pillows.

The Tanzanians manning the gate were incredibly friendly and tolerant of my comings and goings. On the grounds are also two wonderful dogs who are playful and seem child-friendly. There may be similarly quipped b&b's in Moshi, but I bet that none have the same quality of service as Pamoja. I would look forward to staying here again if my travels take me back to Moshi.

Stayed Dec 31- Jan 2, 2014

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I don't even know where to begin in describing how wonderful of a place Pamoja Guesthouse is. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff are friendly and inviting, and the grounds are beautiful and relaxing.

Pamoja was our home away from home when we were not climbing Kilimanjaro or away on safari. We always felt safe and comfortable (Thank you Masai's!), whether it was day or night. The breakfasts were home cooked and delicious, not to mention the best Chips Masala in Moshi is conveniently located right across the street. Also, make sure to stop by Pamoja Cafe!

One thing I must mention that we never expected and truly made the experience in Moshi unforgettable for us, was how easily the staff made you feel a part of their family! The manager, Leonie, toured the town with us and introduced us to the best places to eat, drink, and relax in Moshi. After my proposal on the summit of Kilimanjaro, Leonie and Andrew even threw a surprise Engagement/ Dinner party for us upon our return, with all their friends and fellow guests. They truly went above and beyond for us and we will never forget it!

Thank you guys for making our stay such an incredible experience! We hope to see you all again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bursa, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I traveled solo and stayed in Pamoja for a night but it was one of the best experiences ever! I have stayed in many guesthouses before but this one.. let me just say if you want to feel the difference but still feel like being home, try Pamoja! Depends what room you get, you will either share a bathroom or have your own shower, very clean rooms, awesome interior designing which I fell in love with, free internet, books to enjoy reading on the balcony looking at Kili, you can even make your own food in the kitchen and every thing is available and just there! Besides you will have someone as nice as the manager, Leonie to help you out with every single thing, places to visit, guides, etc that you need or even don't really need! Great place! It is a 7 minute drive from town but the morning walk around the guesthouse is totally worth the distance as the scenery is mesmerizing! Go for it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The guest house provides exactly what you need in the Moshi region. It is safe, clean and located in an ideal location. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable and have a great attitude. Everything about the guest house is designed to help make your stay successful. I highly recommend it to my colleagues and friends visiting the Moshi region.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2.5 weeks while volunteering. The atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are clean and quiet and the view of Kili from the balcony is fantastic. I found it very peaceful and relaxing, but enjoyed the close proximity to Moshi. Leonie, the manager was great. She was an excellent source of information on things to do and places to see. The food was great and the staff was very helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Pamoja Guesthouse? Share your experiences!