“Absolutely Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 26 activities in Moshi
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience (SENE) is a high quality Tanzania adventure travel company offering day excursions hiking on Kilimanjaro and the surrounding remote villages, bicycling through the coffee farms and African savannah, and running the forested trails encircling the mountain. We provide exquisite accommodations and an unparalleled cultural experience in our Mbahe Village guest cottages high on the slopes of Kilimanjaro on SENE owner Simon Mtuy's ancestral farm. SENE was founded in 1998 by Simon, mountain guide and international ultra-runner, who continues to carry out his vision of a sustainable, ethical, locally-owned adventure travel service that promotes the beauty of Tanzania while contributing to the well-being of its people and environment.
Ancaster, Canada
“Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 NEW

We booked two bike trips one with Summit and one with another company for our first two days in Tanzania. The first one had been presented as a very easy ride and was not ( a solid hour forty uphill and then braking all the way down.) So when Simon arrived for our second bike trip which had been described as a bit more difficult, we asked him to change it. He could not have been more accommodating. (His bikes by the way looked in excellent condition). He drove us around back roads of Kilimanjaro area and then we did a short hike to the main gate where most climbers end their Kilimanjaro trip. I cannot express how wonderful Simon was. He RUNS up and down Kilimanjaro, he does ultra marathons and did not make us feel like we were wasting his time when we changed all the plans. He is fascinating to be with and an excellent guide. Summit Expeditions do safari's , climbs and the bike experience and whatever you need. I would highly recommend them.

Visited June 2014

San Diego, California
“Kilimanjaro 7-day climb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just returned from a 7day climb of Kili on the Rongai route with SENE and had an amazing time! Great guides and crew, who were always enthusiastic and genuine in their helpfulness. All members of my group made it to the summit thanks to the help of our guides. Camping was also a great experience with this company with great equipment, 3 hot meals a day-- couldn't ask for anything more. Great experience with this company and would definitely recommend them to anyone considering a kili climb!

Visited May 2014
Tromso, Norway
“Mountain biking on the lower parts of Kilimanjaro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Single day trip together with Simon Mtuy, the founder of SENE. As an avid mountain biker, I was not expecting anything like the service and experience I got on a full day mountain bike ride. My previous experience with renting bikes and a guide has been very disappointing. usually you get worn down very low end bikes with guides that are not very keen on biking. Found SENE by searching on Google and was impressed by their info and response to my email.
SENE provided basic, but good and safe 29er hard tail bikes. The bikes were well maintained so there was no problem adjusting them to get a good fit. I brought my own pedals, shoes and helmet, as these are personal preferences.
Our ride went from Moshi, up to almost 1800 meters and on to one of the exit roads for expeditions coming down from Kilimanjaro. Then we crossed over through several farming areas and through some villages. A great experience! Biking brings you closer to people and you get much more of an experience of what life is like and what people are about. The landscape is of cause just amazing. It was a cloudy day, so temperatures were perfect for someone from northern parts of Norway, although that meant we did not get to see the magnificent mountain above us. Because Simon is such a great athlete, we could combine a great workout with a great experience.
I can truly recommend SENE for anyone who wants a real mountain bike experience in combination with a different way of experiencing rural parts of the Moshi area. I found their services to be very good and professional and the bikes were safe for such a ride. I had an almost perfect day! (To make the day perfect would require a glimpse of the top of the mountain, and to not leave the good camera behind; I traded it for an extra bottle of water in my backpack).

Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Kilimanjaro Climb-Machame Route”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My brother and I used SENE for the Kilimanjaro Climb-Machame 7 day route. We both summited without problem and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The SENE crew was exceptional and exceeded our expectations. The food prepared by the chef was incredible and filling. We had 3 hot meals every day as well as "tea time" with tea, hot cocoa, coffee, and popcorn or crackers. We hiked with Honest and Manase as our guides and they were both very professional, knowledgable, and respectable. They and the rest of the crew were always pleasant and willing to help with anything that we needed assistance with. The camp was always set up when we arrived each day and we were very pleased with the camping set up. We also enjoyed staying at the Mbahe Farm before and after the hike. Here, all of our meals were taken care of and were prepared wonderfully as well. The accommodations were comfortable, along with a beautiful view. It was nice to be picked up from the airport and be in SENE's hands for the entire trip. SENE also offered safaris, which we wished we would have planned ahead of time, but we already had our tickets booked in and out of Tanzania. We were provided an itinerary ahead of time and felt adequately prepared for the hike and what to expect upon arrival. Thanks SENE for a wonderful trip!

Visited January 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Kilimanjaro climb and safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

December 2013 we visited Tanzania. SENE arranged both our climb and safari, and they exceeded our expectation in regards to both service and execution of the trip. We didn't have a single glitch and the staff was very helpful and supportive through out the process. For us it was a benefit that company was local and that we stayed at Mbahe Farm instead of in a hotel. The room was spacious and pretty and we really enjoyed the food, which was based on locally grown produce. During our stay we also hiked the area and swam in the waterfall.

We did the Lemosho route over eight days. All the staff was very friendly and helpful, and really went the extra mile to help us out. I have lots of food limitations (gluten and lactose), but it was never a problem, and my tummy was healthier than ever. Many days we were served hot meals for both lunch and dinner and the soups were phenomenal when the appetite disappeared. It became clear that we had very experienced guides with us and we felt very well taken care of. Of course the goal was to summit (we did) but the journey up and down was beautiful.

The safari tour that followed was as amazing as the climb. Our guide knew the parks very well and we got to walk next to giraffes, see lions mate and much more. It has been a fantastic trip and I highly recommend SENE.

Visited December 2013

Travelers who viewed Summit Expeditions and Nomadic Experience Private Day Tours also viewed

Kilimanjaro National Park, Kilimanjaro Region

Been to Summit Expeditions and Nomadic Experience Private Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Summit Expeditions and Nomadic Experience Private Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added Summit Expeditions and Nomadic Experience Private Day Tours to your Saves list