“Decent value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 27 Moshi B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“Decent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We turned up without reservations and got two singles on the second floor. Bizarrely, the power cable of the wall-mounted flatscreen TV in my room was about 150cms too short to reach the socket - not that I wanted to watch it anyway. Apparently a previous guest had stolen the extension lead. There's a good view of Kilimanjaro from the roof. The swimming pool could have been a little cleaner: there were dead leaves and insects floating in it. Breakfast was quite OK. Just around the corner is a very pleasant beer garden / coffee shop / restaurant.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I stayed here because my Brandt guide semi-raved about it. Unfortunately I don't share it's enthusiasm. Firstly, I made a reservation which was confirmed via e-mail, but upon a arriving, they had no record of my reservation, but had a room available anyway. The hotel and room we were given was dark, especially our bathroom which had a broken light. It seems like there haven't been many updates to the hotel (other than the TVs) in quite some time. The only saving grace for me was the location - within walking distance to a very good supermarket, both bus stations, restaurants, bars, currency exchange, internet cafes, etc. For $50 per night, I guess you get what you pay for, but if I were staying in Moshi again, I'd probably give another place a try.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Chichester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were part of a group of 17 World Challenge expeditioners (13 teenagers) and leaders. Compared with our tents it was luxurious and having stayed for 4 nights split by a trip to Ngorogoro Crater and our ascent of Kili it felt like home! It was convenient, the food was ok and by preordering and having our rooms contacted when the food was ready we got round the slow service. Breakfast was ok - it was good on the day that we warned them we were eating at 7am. Ideal for our purposes.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Not very charming but spacy and clean rooms. Situated 200 meters away post office and main street in the "expensive" end of Moshi so quiet and no hassle in the street outside the hotel. Rooftop bar was unfortunately not used or refurbished. Ok hotel if you spend your time in the town an only need a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
dar es salaam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for only one day before moving to another hotel. This hotel is located in a perfect location near town center and airport shuttle terminal.

The rooms are big but with an outdated furniture. Washrooms are clean but since the amenities are very old they look yucky. The only good thing is they provide you with toothpaste and toothbrush, something I haven't experience in any tanzania hotel!

Food is expensive but very basic and took forever to get. Breakfast is very basic too!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We landed at the kilimanjaro airport. We were picked up by the hotel shuttle. It took one and a half hours to reach moshi. We had coffee at the kilimanjaro cafe interiour. Though the security wasnt realistic but we were driven to the hotel respiration. The calm welcome average price of the room cleaness , food customer service is what inspired me. I would choose this hotel for my next trip.

• Stayed December 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

In only took me 3hrs from the Kilimanjaro international airport to the Kilimanjaro hotel in moshi Kilimanjaro I stayed at the Kilimanjaro coffee cafe just for to say the place was good. With only 30 minutes later I stayed at the with all I can. Say the hotel was good

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Kilimanjaro Crane Hotels & Safaris? Share your experiences!