Amazing property and experience. We were only able to secure 1 night here due to low availability. I wish we could have stayed 2-3 nights. The staff took care of everything. They secured the permits months in advance, arranged transport from/to kigali, provided hiking equipment, etc. All we had to do was show up in Kigali. The food was awesome, and communal dinner was a blast!
- Also Known As:
- Sabyinyo Silverback Hotel Ruhengeri
- Sabyinyo Silverback Hotel
- Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge Rwanda/Ruhengeri
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is located in the foothills of the Virunga Volcanoes. Situated close to the gates of the Parc des Volcans National, it is the perfect base for Gorilla trekking. This is a community lodge, it was built and is operated by Governors Camp but is owned by the local community trust that use revenue generated from the lodge to drive socio-economic projects. Eight cottages provide wonderful views of the surrounding countryside and volcanoes. ... more less