“Quite Good....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elais Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pointe Noire
Elais Hotel
You added Elais Hotel to your Saves list
bd General de Gaulle, Pointe Noire BP 790, Republic of the Congo   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Pointe Noire
Darlington, UK
“Quite Good....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had a one night stay in this hotel recently and found it quite good, very good really for this part of the world. Staff at reception were efficient and the bar across the lobby was a pleasant spot for a few cold ones on an evening. I was impressed by the restaurant and food quality, an outdoor area near to the pool. The hotel is built around the pool/restaraunt area which if I'd had more time I would have enjoyed the pool. Rooms were a little dated, well used, but the bedding and towels were spotless and the AC worked well.
Quite a popular hotel for oil crews leaving and departing so full of life and action, I would stay here again. The hotel has a few shops etc handy for last minute shopping. With all the oil men kicking around there were a few local girls plying their trade, but not overly so, no hassle.
All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Poole, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Dreadful. tried to rip us off in restaurant, service slower moving than a glacier, so much so i couldn't face breakfast. stood around staring at us when we came to check in instead of working. Room ok. swimming pool closed

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Pointe Noire hotels

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Situated in the center of pointe noire, the hotel is ideally situated. The staff is very friendly, but a bit slow. The rooms are big and well equipped, the pool in the center of the patio is very nice. The quality of internet is very poor but is not the fact of the hotel well of the network. The quality of the breakfast and lunch is poor. Most of the guests are from petroleum companies and they can't drink alcool on company's expense, so the staff will ask you to pay alcoholic beverages cash while you can sign the food. (after identification I could sign my beers as well)

Room Tip: ask for a room around the pool (the 1-level buildings), it's so much nicer than the main 5-stori...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I came after a very long trip we enjoyed a lot the airport the new country that I visited in Africa Congo it starts with the front office agent they didn't great us !! I find it very rude, then I had my room, the AC wasn't working and jarring , we contacted the reception they accepted to switch my accommodation to another room, which I find the staff arrogant. I carried by myself my luggage because there's not enough staff to handle it. I personally take in charge of it !!!

finally after having my shower with a rusty water, I surprised when I lean down over my bed the linen dirty blood and full of pubic hair (disgusting) I’ve never had this in my entire life such situation pillows smells badly dust scattered everywhere hard is very hard to catch up with amateurish housekeeping.

I sincerely advise not to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ballycastle, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Room was dirty, linen and towels had been used - so not impressed.
Tho the restaurant was very good - poolside bar, friendly and helpful staff.
The location was good and there are a few friendly bars nearby.

• Stayed October 2012
On a holliday in my head
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here for with colleagues for five days in our separate chambre supérieur on our employers bill. The rooms aren't just "good for Congo", they're proper good!
Beds are comfortable, there's a minisafe in the room, a fridge, and a big TV.
Stylish decoration, and quality furniture, with the exception of the bathroom.
The lacquer was breaking up close to the sink. Not up to the otherwise high standard here.

At the time of my stay, there was no wi-fi included, you had to buy scratch cards from the receptionists, but they sold them at the same price as the phone/internet shop up the street did. Internet speed was ok for youtube. The reception will exchange dollars/euros into central african francs, but you might as well use an ATM. Housekeeping is good.

The hotel is in a nicer part of town, and I never felt unsafe. We did walk in groups after dark though.

The pool boy is doing a good job of providing towels and keeping the pool area clean, helping out with the relaxed and good atmosphere I experienced during my stay.

I would suggest eating elsewhere, the staff isn't exactly keen, and you get better value for money elsewhere within walking distance from the hotel. Probably faster too, even when taking into account the time it takes to walk there, five to ten minutes.

Prostitutes seems to be tolerated around the swimming pool at daytime, but the two I noticed were very discreet about it. Coming back to the hotel at late saturday night, my colleague and I were followed well into the hotel area by some street walkers from just outside the gate, despite the gate being guarded. I am not able to comment on the quality of the prostitutes services.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Hotel is centrally position in the heart of the city quite very convenient for business people. Very popular around the area. The only problem is the restaurant service it can take close to 2 hours before you get your meal served. You don't wait until you are hungry to venture into the restaurant because that will take forever to get served. The restaurant staff are just not bothered.

Room Tip: Room facing the swimming pool
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Elais Hotel? Share your experiences!