“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Erfoud
New York City, New York
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

In search of peace and tranquility, I traveled with my family to Erfoud. We randomely chose to stay at Belere Hotel Erfoud, and we were lucky to do so. It was the most wonderful family trip that we have ever taken. In a calm and secluded area, beautiful rooms and friendly staff, we got to enjoy one anothers company and get all the rest and peace that we had long been searching for. The design of the hotel is unique, and the food is delicious. The reception was very helpful and arranged several day trips for us, allowing us to experience the south of Morocco, the sand dunes, and the unique sunset. It is something that everyone must experience. Recommend it to everyone, and we are definitely going back !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Belere H, Manager at Belere Hotel Erfoud, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Jennifer G,
Thank you very much for the very descriptive and positive review that you have given on the Belere Erfoud, it was a pleasure to read it. I am very glad that the staff was both friendly and helpful, and that you enjoyed the trips they set up for you. I hope that you and your family are doing well, and that you will return to the Belere very soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hebrew first
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed at the Belere Hotel Erfoud as part of our package to visit the sand dunes. And we were warned by our tour director that this is not one of the best hotels in our package but it is the better hotel available in the area. Well, at least my tour director warned us first.

You know you are in a lousy hotel when the fabric of the sofa/ lounge set is the same as the bed spread! The room is huge but the rest is beyond hope. The beds were not comfortable. And the bathtub was not layed properly which resulted a flooding situation in our toilet! The drainage just didn't work as it was purposed to!

It's tricky especially when you have to figure your way back to the room from the restaurant in the night. You better have good eye sight or a touch light. Without either one, you will find your way to your room quite a challenge.

The food was okay... edible but nothing to shout about. I took just enough food to keep me from fainting. Thank goodness, the stay was only for one night! Any more, I would have thrown my tour director into the pool!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Belere H, Manager at Belere Hotel Erfoud, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear QCInspector,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review and provide us with feedback. I am extremely sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay, and on behalf of everyone here at the Belere I apologize. We take customer complaints very seriously, and I can assure you that we will promptly address your concerns. Your review was written two years ago, and since we have made some significant improvments. We have improved the lightening, and there is absolutely no problem finding your way back to your room. In addition, we have hired a more experienced maintenance staff, which has made our plumbing system terrific. We have also made adjustments in our restaurant staff, and the quality of the food has greatly improved. I hope that you will return to the Belere sometime soon, and witness these wonderful changes. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at management@belerehotel.com
Innisfil, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed only one night here while travelling with Insight tours. Our tour guide kept warning us that it was not the usual standard that the company used but we were in an area that did not have much to offer. To me, it was a small oasis in the desert. The hotel is in need of some sprucing up... paint needs a 2nd coat, some of the table cloths had holes, but the bungalows and the gardesn more than made up for the slight shabbiness. The dinner was really tasty with a good selection and the service was great considering there were 3 tours there at the time. Be sure to get up early for the breakfast buffet so you can sit outside by the pool. The grounds are beautiful and my only regret was we arrived too late to use the pool.

• Stayed October 2010
Dear OntarioTrekker,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write such a detailed and expressive review. I am extremely happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at the Belere Erfoud. Thank you very much for your compliments in regards to the food, I will be sure to pass them on to the chef and staff. I hope that you will return to the Belere very soon, and this time be sure to set aside plenty of time to enjoy a swim in the pool. Swimming whilst in the midst of the desert is definitely a unique pleasure ! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at management@belerehotel.com If you wish to contact our reservation department, please do so at reservation@belerehotel.com It has been a pleasure to read your review, and I hope to hear from you again.
Sandton, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for one night as part of a large tour group. We found it great not to be a high rise, but rather a spacious "kasbah" like hotel with beautiful gardens and windows that can actually open. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. The food was average. Like most hotels in Morocco, there is no facility for making coffee in the bedrooms.

• Stayed April 2010
Dear LinSouthAfrica,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review about the Belere Erfoud. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for the compliments in regards to the architecture and gardens of the hotel, we greatly appreciate it. I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the food. Please note that we have made some significant changes to our restaurants, and I am certain that if you are to return you will be very pleased. Indeed, in Morocco there are no facilities for making coffee in the rooms. However, you are more than welcome to order room service, and they will eagerly bring the coffee to your room. We are at your service, merely tell us how we can help. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at management@belerehotel.com . Once again thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back !
California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

Stayed at the Belere for one night as part of an organized tour group before an early morning trek to the sand dunes at Erg Chebbi. Beautiful hotel, large rooms, nice pool area. Clean. Food in the restaurant adequate but nothing special. Well located if you are going into the dunes.

• Stayed April 2009
Dear NotHomeForLong,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write such a detailed and positive review about the Belere Erfoud. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We would like to let you know that we have made some significant changes to our restaurant, which has greatly improved the quality of the food. We hope that you will return to the Belere very soon, once again for a wonderful voyage, and this time for exquisitely delicious food ! If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail me at management@belerehotel.com
Rehovot, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We stayed here for one night with a tour group. The hotel rooms were spread out around several courtyards. Both the grounds and the rooms were beautifully decorated in Moroccan stye. There was a large pool (but it wasn't warm enough for us to use it) with lounge chairs surrounding it.

Our room was quite large, with two double beds and 2 sofas., which could also be used as beds, if needed. There were no room-darkening shades, and no good reading light. There were no safe, hairdryer or toiletries. Only Arabic and French statiions were available on the television set.

The beds were comfortable, but only one of the four pillows provided was decent -- one was complete mush, and two were lumpy. If we were there for a longer time, I would have asked to have them replaced.

The toilet and bidet were separate from the small bathroom.

Breakfast was adequate, if not exceptional.

• Stayed March 2009
Dear Coffeemavenswife,
Thank you very much for having reviewed the Belere Erfoud. We are very happy to hear that you liked the design and decoration of the hotel, aswell as the pool area. I am sorry to hear that you had a few inconveniences. It is not normal that you did not have toiletries in your room, I will be sure to speak with the housekeeping team to let them know about this error, and ensure that it does not happen again. Your review dates from 3 years ago, and I am pleased to inform you that we have improved various aspects from the hotel, including the television and lighting. We have also made immense changes to our restaurant, and the quality of our food and service is now excellent. I am sorr that you were displeased with your pillow, I know how important a pillow is, and how having an inadequate one can take the pleasure away from sleep ! Had you informed our staff, we would have been more than happy to give you a pillow that suited your needs. We thank you for having been a geust of the Belere, and we hope that you will return promptly. I can assure that I will take all of your comments into account, and take immediate action. We look forward to your return, and we assure you that this time around your stay will be terrific. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at management@belerehotel.com
Evanston, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

We were on a walking/sightseeing holiday with a British group, HF Holidays. The hotel was beautiful from the outside, lovely lobby. The swimming pool area was spectacular. The rooms were large but obviously in need of updating. Ours was quite dark as the only window opened on a walkway. The bathroom also could use some updating. We had both breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Breakfast was fine, dinner not very interesting, same food each night we stayed (we were there 2 nights). The hotel is perfectly situated for visiting the Erg Chebbi (the Sahara), Rissani village and the ruins of Sijilmassa.

• Stayed September 2008
Dear Angten,
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to hear that you loved the lobby and swimming area. I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the dinner, and that you were served the same cuisine two days in a row. Your review was written 4 years ago, and I can assure you that since then, some very significant improvements have been made to the Belere Erfoud. We have addressed your lighting concern, as we have improved the lighting throughout the hotel. To add on, we have made changes in our restaurant procedures and staff, in order to ensure that our customers find the food to be delicious, and the staff to be pleasant. Furthermore, we have placed stricter guidelines for our maintenance and housekeeping staff, which has addressed your concern about the bathrooms and bedrooms. I hope that you will return to the Belere Erfoud and witness these tremendous improvements. Thank you very much for your feedback. If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail me at management@belerehotel.com

Been to Belere Hotel Erfoud? Share your experiences!