“Fantastic food and phenomenal views” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Jordan
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Fantastic food and phenomenal views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We eat there frequently. Love the food, and love the view as well.
Try the Walleye.... INCREDIBLE!
They also offer cabins if you need a place to stay!

Visited March 2014

Lexington, Tennessee
“Great to have a good restaurant in the Jordan area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had eaten here several years ago and last summer once not too long after the current owners took over. Last year when we dined it was late and they were out of several of the items we wanted. This year we made sure to get there earlier and while they had still run out of a few items we were able to get the entrees we wanted for dinner. Overall the meal and service was very good. If you haven't been there it has a beautiful view of the lake as well as quaint atmosphere inside the restaurant. I had the pork chops and they were excellent. My only comment is that if you are like me and have not used salt in years they may be a little on the salty side and someone who uses salt would never notice. My wife had the blackened walleye and loved it and it was her first walleye. My son-in-law and daughter both had the rib-eye and it was excellent and cooked to perfection. I would recommend Whispering Woods Grill to anyone. You may want to go early if you have a specific selection in mind. Kudos to the new owners for providing an excellent place to dine in the Jordan Dam area. Will definitely make it one of our regular places to eat when in town.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“PRIME RIB on Friday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I took my a couple of employees and my family here last Friday night, it was unbelievable delicious. We were in awe!! I had been there a few times but hadnt experienced the prime rib.
Fabulous!! Ive been craving it ever since. Its only offered on Friday nights and you better have a reservation because its good and people know it. Excellent service and very laid back homey atmosphere.

Alan

• Visited March 2014
Norfork, Arkansas
“Always a Winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We love "coming home" to Whispering Woods Grill! From our first visit with the newest owners, Betty & Jim Lusby, we felt like we had known them for years. They treat all their customers like family and seem to really enjoy this new venture as 1st time restaurant owners. You would never guess that fact, as they do such an excellent job. We start with the appetizer of bang shrimp, which is similar to the one served at Bone Fish Grill. It is very good and a bit spicy. I usually order the pork chops or blackened walleye (the real deal!) along with their stir fried mixed vegetables and salad. I usually order one of their homemade soups-always great! My wife usually orders grilled walleye or salmon, mixed vegetables, and side salad. They bring warm bread and butter. Last week I did order the smoked prime rib medium, and it was perfectly cooked. The smokey flavor was wonderful and unusual. I would order that again. The only thing we are not fond of here is their rice. It is a light yellow type and we prefer long grain wild rice. They did have fresh mushrooms for their steaks and prime rib, but I havent ordered them for while. Be sure to try their great desserts. If we have room for it, we like the warmed, fudgy brownie with vanilla ice cream. Did I mention the wonderful atmosphere of knottly pine, fireplace, and views that span Lake Norfork. Sunsets here are beautiful! And Sharon is our favorite waitress. Once you visit here, you will never be a stranger to this family again! Come early and enjoy a glass of wine on the deck.

• Visited February 2014
Longview, Texas
“Wonderful fine dining experience, by far.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I wasn't prepared for my excellent fine dining experience at the Whispering Woods Grill. The rustic atmosphere and mountain-top view of the lake are magnificent at sunset. The total surprise came in the full up-scale menu offered. Not your boring burger and chip fast food restaurant. You may want to call ahead for dining reservations (serving Wed-Sat 5-9pm), since the grill has become a very popular fine dining spot. One of the specialties of the house is the walleye, cooked to your liking. The Friday special is handcut ribeye steaks, custom cut & grilled. You've got to try the Bruschetta appetizer...to die for! The Grill also has a well stocked wine and beer selection. Our entire experience was most pleasant. Great dining value at the Whispering Woods Cabins & Grill.

• Visited October 2013