“I expected more.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Whispering Woods Cabins

Whispering Woods Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jordan
Whispering Woods Cabins
You added Whispering Woods Cabins to your Saves list
4245 Highway 177 S, Jordan, AR 72519   |
Arkansas
“I expected more.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I expected a small, nice cabin that my children could enjoy without me telling them to be quiet so they didn't disturb the neighbors. What we received was a small, nice cabin with paper thin walls, 4-5 television channels on a relic television that did not have hook-ups for a DVD player, and window air units.

The window air units would not be bad except the 110 unit in the "master" bedroom blew out lukewarm air, the 110 unit in the kids bedroom only worked on high, and the 220 unit in the living room sounded like a 747 taking off. If you wanted to watch one of the channels on the TV, you would have to turn off the air. Considering that we visited in August, that wasn't really an option. The play area for the kids was an overgrown sand pit, rusty swing set, and a tether ball. For our family of 4, we paid $356.00 for 2 nights. Next time we will use that money for better lodging.

Room Tip: Stay in a hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I was looking for a clean, quiet, inexpensive place to spend the night that had a kitchen and a comfortable bed. Though the cabins are not new, they have been well taken care of and the one I stayed in was one of the smaller ones but still roomy enough. There was a small deck off the back with a great view of the lake. A small restaurant is located onsite and while I did not eat there, I had the feeling I was missing out. The grounds like everything else, are well maintained and even had a play area for children and adults--horseshoe pit. Though located adjacent to the main highway, the traffic noise was not much of a distraction. Janet the owner, and the staff at the restaurant were all friendly and helpful. For the price, I thought it was a great deal and would definitely return if ever in this area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Whispering Woods Cabins? Share your experiences!