We recently stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks. The Amani Tiwi is a good holiday venue but lacks atmosphere and ambience. This is partly because the grounds are long and thin beside the meandering pools which run the whole length of the grounds and inside the accommodation blocks which form the perimeter. Also the hotel was only half full so the a la carte restaurants were quite empty. The food is fine, the rooms clean and airy, and the pool is great. The beach is a bit disappointing with a sandy bit at the top with a big seaweedy rocky area below. The entertainment is standard for Kenya with mime shows, dancers and acrobats. We had our hotel changed at the last minute from the Voyager so we had a long transfer from the airport as we had to take the ferry. This we had hoped to avoid.The hotel's biggest asset is its staff who were absolutely sensational, witty, funny and knowledgable...nothing was too much trouble. The Thomson Rep is Mercy...What a lady!!! She is without doubt the best Rep we have ever had in over 30 years of going on package holidays.She is witty, funny, kind, resourceful, the font of all knowledge and she has a tremendous personality.
There were 2 highlights to our holiday, which were our safari to the Maasai Mara and our visit to the Footprints Orphanage and Boarding School. Our safari was booked through JT Safaris for the third consecutive year and again it was excellent value for money and the service was top class. We stayed at the Kitchwa Tembo tented camp for the the third year running which was excellent and we saw all of the big five including,thanks to our brilliant guide Alice, sitting in our jeep, 10 feet away from a black rhino mother and baby for over 10 minutes!!!
Our visit to the Footprints Orphanage in the Shimba Hills quite frankly left us speechless and feeling very humble. The children were an absolute knockout, beautiful, polite,funny and immaculate and the dedication of the management team was unbelievable. We cannot wait to go back next year.
- Also Known As:
- Amani Tiwi Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Amani Tiwi Beach Hotel
- Tiwi Beach Hotel
- Amani Tiwi Beach Resort Kenya/Ukunda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently up graded with an addition of another specialty restaurant-Sultan Dhow & Aqua wine bar overlooking the Indian Ocean with a wide choice of wine served by glass. Refurbished Floodlit Tennis Court. A dedicated 3D 84 inch screen facility, Ultra modern conferences in a separate hotel wing.New hotel boutiques, air conditioned rooms, Hi- speed WIFI Internet & 32'' LCD TV with Satellite feed in the rooms, Complimentary mini fridges, electronic safes, Tea & Coffee making facility, Hair dryers, Mosquito nets and superior guest toiletries Dedicated 24 hours in room dining menu. Upmarket Hair Salon Beauty & Wellness Center.Superior guest amenities. Weekly Complimentary traditional renewal of Wedding vows.3 Specialty restaurants and 4 bars including swim-up sunken bar in the a 167 Meter length free form swimming pool ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Amani Tiwi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.