We stayed at Pinewood from 16th to 30th August, after a 5 night safari. We have holidayed in Kenya on 10 occasions (various safaris and beach hotels) and can state that Pinewood Village was by far the best that we have experienced (this bearing in mind that we have always stayed in 4 or 5 star accommodation on Kenya coast).
We were upgraded to a suite, but both rooms and suites are clean and tastefully decorated. Having experienced a very difficult year, we needed a peaceful and relaxing beach extension to our safari and that is exactly what Pinewood Village supplied.
The food was excellent. Every night has a 'theme' - Mongolian, Chinese, European, Swahili etc. and the food is always fresh and hot and, very importantly is very hygienically prepared.
All of the staff are very amiable and friendly - everyone greets you with a 'Jambo' and a smile (far friendlier than most hotel staff in the UK).
It was my birthday whilst on holiday and the Managers (Evans and Raphael) arranged a personal chef in our suite for my birthday dinner, they even made a birthday cake. This was a very nice touch and is a prime example of how friendly the place is.
Entertainment is very low key, but we picked this place because we wanted a relaxing time.
If you want a peaceful, relaxing holiday in a beautiful location with clean and hygienic accommodation and friendly staff who will do whatever they can to ensure your stay is a memorable one, I would suggest you go to Pinewood. You will definitely want to return, as we will.
Dave and Mo
- Also Known As:
- Pinewood Beach Hotel
- Pinewood Beach Resort And Spa
- Pinewood Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Pinewood Village Beach Hotel
- Pinewood Village Beach Ukunda
- Pinewood Beach Resort & Spa Kenya/Ukunda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pinewood Village is a small boutique beach and water sport resort. It is situated on the stunning deserted shores of Galu Beach, one of the finest beaches in Kenya. It is relaxed and informal. Personalised and friendly service is at the forefront. The resort is set amidst heavy tropical flora and palms and attracts the endangered Colobus Monkey and over 100 bird species from the surrounding forest. Hotel newly refurbished jun 2006. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Pinewood Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.